Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Paul Lambert

Is the new stoke manager....

Bizzare if you ask me. Love him for everything he did for us here, but after his spell at Villa everything went south.

Be very interesting to see if he can keep them up

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Is the new stoke manager....

Bizzare if you ask me. Love him for everything he did for us here, but after his spell at Villa everything went south.

Be very interesting to see if he can keep them up[/quote]Would like to have seen him manage in the championship and build his career again from there, like Hughton has done. However, he''ll probably end up there next season anyway.......

The bottom half of the Prem is so tight that no-one should believe they are stitched on to go down and no-one that they are safe.

I thought Brighton, Bournemouth and Swansea at the start of the season and still think that could be it but perm any 3 from 11.

So Lambert, if he still has the bottle, could change Stoke''s defensive attitude around and look for goals.

Think he''ll keep them up. With hindsight he made a better job of Villa than it looked at the time considering what has happened to them since he left. Made some bad choices after he left Villa and think Stoke is a far better fit.

Huddersfield, Brighton and Swansea to come down for me.

Presumably Ian Culverhouse is not going to Stoke? There was a theory that a lot of Lambert''s access was actually down to him. This might decide it one way or the other.

Yorkshire - those comments re: getting 110% may have applied when he was here but didn''t at Villa, Blackburn or Wolves. He ''fit'' brilliantly here, it was the right time and right place. Stoke are an intreresting one, a mate of mine from there reckons they are in a bit of a mess - but a decent start for him and who knows.

Lambert had the best time at Norwich because we were ripe for development and on a mission to get up and back in the Championship.  At other clubs he has not recaptured that and he could struggle at Stoke too.  His best bet would have been to go back to a lower league club and build something from there again, but then he would be unlikely to have Culverhouse and Grant Holt to help him.... 

chairman Peter Coates: "Paul greatly impressed us with his knowledge of our squad and had a clear plan of how he would improve our results." #SSN

With Norwich he built the squad so is the squad Stoke have better than the one he got when he arrived at Villa? I think so and I think he will keep them up.

lake district canary wrote the following post at 15/01/2018 12:43 PM:

“Lambert had the best time at Norwich because we were ripe for development and on a mission to get up and back in the Championship.”

Right man in the right place at the right time. All the ingredients were there including his own style and ability.

No guarantee he will ever be lucky enough for everything to come together for him again.

This is Lambert''s 7th managerial appointment!

He''s been around. Truth is, and as much as I like him, he''s only been successful at one club.

I think this appointment could be his last decent one if he doesn''t succeed. To think, had he stayed at us for a bit longer he may have ended up with a top 6 job and enjoyed much success.

Could it be that Stoke see Lambert as the best option to get them back to the Prem at first attempt next season?

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Hughton will probably be back in the Championship next season too. Well hopefully, no one wants boring anti football in the Premier League.[/quote]I was listening to Talksport at the weekend and a Brighton supporter phoned in to complain how negative Hughton''s football is, draws are no good, and how he wishes he would try to win games........  LOL

It’s funny how Brighton look to be repeating our demise under Hughton, same old same old.

Lambert fitted our rise, we also had a new outlook and dynamic set up with the introduction of McNally & Bowkett, so the club was on the bounce from the brink and our lowest position in long time.

Lambert has shown to be a tad suspect since leaving us and without Karsa and Culverhouse. Wish him luck Stoke could be just right for him.

Bearing in mind the same old managerial rabble still available, I think Lambert is as good a bet as anyone. I agree he really needs Culverhouse with him.

I''ve a sneaky feeling that he will do rather well... expectations are not as high at Stoke as they were at Villa, and they have a more talented squad.

[quote user="Diane"]I wish him well, he gave us some exciting times which we will never forget[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Darth Canary1"]He will keep them up, I''ve no doubt about that but that is about all, hugely overated[/quote]Tw@t.