Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Rangers bound

Makes more sense than him playing U23s all season, re: Martin.

Who''s going to cover for Pinto if he gets injured though? Unless I''m mistaken there''s no other recognised right back in the squad?

Someone who tends to know a bit about these things told me this morning both are likely to go on loan and we will have to pay at least 50% of their wages, unless someone comes into buy one or the other, could be an interesting few weeks coming up.

[quote user="City 2nd"]can u sit down please wrote the following post at 2017-12-28 10:56 PM:

Martin on loan and possibly Naismith too. Will link up with former city coach murty.

Exactly where is it stated that “possibly Naismith too” will link up with Murty?

Wishful thinking?![/quote]
Think you''ll find CUSDP posted this before the Daily Record and others got the news. CUSDP has reliably come up with inside info before - if he says that it might be on the cards then he''s not making it up.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]I think Naismith to Rangers is the most obvious transfer out there. Always had a feeling he wants to return there and it would happen at some point - January seems like a good time for all parties (although not sure what they would pay in terms of a fee)[/quote]
Don''t think it matters what they pay in terms of fee. It''s probably the one place that would lure him away (presuming that he will have to take a wage cut to go anywhere), and his wages will probably cost us the best part of 3 million if he sees his contract out here. Good move for all parties I think - we get a non-contributor off the wage bill, Rangers get a player who will probably immediately be one of the best players in their squad and is already a fan favourite, and Naismith gets to go back to a club where he is idolised, an area he knows well and likes and the opportunity to put himself back in the Scotland squad.
[/quote]Naismith is not as idolised up there as you may think kio. in fact to many fans its the opposite, all to do with how he and other players left the club during the Rangers fiasco of a few seasons ago. Memories of things such as that die slowly in the minds of football fans, but of course should he move back there and quickly bang a few goals in, then it would be forgotten in an instant.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Naismith is on under 30k a week, that''s from someone that knows the wage of every player at the club[/quote]oh dearlet''s hope that is not truenot the figure, but that someone knows the wages (outside of the board etc)

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]In his position at the club you''d be more concerned if he didn''t know the wage of every player[/quote]unlike you, I do not know his/her position in the club - nor why he/she would be breaking confidentiality eitherhowever, my point is not to doubt your source or his/her knowledge but to state that if that claim is correct it rather blows a big whole in the endless squeaks on here about how much the club have/and are paying Naismith too often figures are accepted in regard to transfers/wages and then respun endlessly with no more verification than a ''guesstimate'' in some mediaas I have said on numerous times the figures are all too often way above what the real figure is

I''d be amazed if there weren''t others interested in RM, not saying he wouldn''t go to Rangers but would have thought he would prefer to play in the Champs.

He and his family are very settled here and for a devoted family man it’s a hell of a commute. Not convinced by this to be honest

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Can’t believe Rangers would be able /willing to pay more than 10k/week which presumably would leave us paying the majority of both players wages. What a fiasco.[/quote]

Its an utter shambles!

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Naismith is on under 30k a week, that''s from someone that knows the wage of every player at the club[/quote]

If true, add on the employers national insurance contributions too.

I wonder if thats someone taking £50k a week and reducing it by 40% (the relegation reduction most players were rumoured to be on)?

From a financial perspective this is probably the best we could hope for in terms of Naismith. Wishful thinking that a Premier League team would pay good money for him as he has no fitness and no form. It''s a marginal deal for us and frankly on balance I would have kept Naismith here. Can''t be worse than Vrancic.So if Martin goes too, who do we have as cover for Pinto?

Russ has lost his way a bit last couple of seasons, but been a fantastic servant for us in his time here.Surely bring him on in Injury time to say farewell on New Years day wouldn''t be too much?

I watched Rangers play Celtic today in a fiercely fought derby. Based on the team they had out I could not see either Martin or Naismith getting in their starting line up.

Jarvis - the player we signed from West Ham United for £2.5m and has hardly played for us (hence your who?).

If he is physically unfit for so long, surely there must be a release clause in his contract to get NCFC out of paying a huge amount in wages each season.

@Donkey dangler

Jarvis - the player we signed from West Ham United for £2.5m and has hardly played for us (hence your who?).

If he is physically unfit for so long, surely there must be a release clause in his contract to get NCFC out of paying a huge amount in wages each season.

Pretty sure that there will be insurance in place that covers a large slice of his wages while out so long.

It appears Rangers are playing hard to get...http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15803348.Russell_Martin_open_to_Ibrox_loan_move___but_Rangers_have_made_no_official_approach/Apples

RM is off to Rangers just sorting out small details wages etc Ranger want to buy him

also Naismith wants a coaching role up in scotland and wants to finish his career there

not worried by these two going fair good bit off wages

Maddison off to liverpool or chelsea with loan back for rest of season worries me more

Still can''t believe we were dumb enough to give Martin a new 3 year contract in the summer.Yet another mind boggling decision by the board that has cost us money that we will never get back.Nevermind about "we pi**sed the money up the wall", we still are.Staggering!

[quote user="Making Plans"]Still can''t believe we were dumb enough to give Martin a new 3 year contract in the summer.Yet another mind boggling decision by the board that has cost us money that we will never get back.[/quote]

We didn''t.

He got a years extension, possibly on reduced wages.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="Making Plans"]Still can''t believe we were dumb enough to give Martin a new 3 year contract in the summer.Yet another mind boggling decision by the board that has cost us money that we will never get back.[/quote]

We didn''t.

He got a years extension, possibly on reduced wages.[/quote]Sorry my mistake but even so, why?

Lets not forget that we underwent massive changes in the summer. As our club captain, Russell is inevitably a big part of the club on the pitch, off it and also in the dressing room. He has years of Premier League experience and is a natural leader. Not only does this give us some continuity, it helps the newbies settle in, and at the start of the season Russ was still playing regularly for us (especially with Pinto injured) before getting injured himself.

Things have changed since then, with Pinto going from strength to strength both on and off the pitch and being upgraded to captain, Zimm'' becoming a prominent member of the squad, and with Russ'' injury issues the signing of Hanley.

At the start of the season Russ was an important member of the squad, off the field he probably still is quite, but it does seem he doesn''t fit into our playing squad anymore. I don''t believe we made a ''mistake'' offering him the extension, because at the time it made sense and we probably needed it for sustainability (had we not signed Hanley for example). Now, however, things are different and it probably is the right time for Russ to move on.