Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Team news for Chelsea

Tettey, Trybull,,Vrancic, Hanley all doubts. Naismith and Jerome not in squad, as probably off.

Looking a bit thin on the ground.

[quote user="ec-p"]Tettey, Trybull,,Vrancic, Hanley all doubts. Naismith and Jerome not in squad, as probably off.

Looking a bit thin on the ground.[/quote]
Think rather than doubts, some are being rested and quite right too, we need those first 4 all fit for Sheffield Utd ,wouldnt want to risk them playing and getting a knock.
Jerome is in Derby and Naismith hasn''t played for months so neither would  have been involved anyway.
Would also like to see Maddison rested though doubt he will, last thing we need is him getting injured and out for Saturday
My team would be this though don''t expect many to agree
                          Gunn
Pinto - Zimmo - Klose - Raggett -  Husband
                          Reed
          Wes-  Watkins - Murphy
                       Nelson

Of course he did! Thank you Adycakes.

Not sure who would sit in with Reed then, probably be 5-1-3-1.

Raggett didn''t appear for Lincoln in their FA cup game so can appear tomorrow evening.

Thin on the ground is an understatement, with injuries, resting of players, unreplaced or departing players I think our midfield/attacking options look nil, I do fear we may get a battering tomorrow, obviously happy to be wrong.

We can almost name the same side minus Pritchard and Trybull. I doubt Chelsea will be completely full strength either

Difficult one this.  Is the new lad available - if so stick him in and see what he''s got.  We want a strong team, but can''t afford to play our best team with the game so important on Saturday. However I''d keep the back four strong and play a defensive line up with Murphy up front as he relishes this kind of game.  With the players definitely available and resting Maddison, I''d consider -                   GunnPinto  Zimmerman Klose Lewis          Reed  Stiepermann     Edwards  Wes  Watkins                 Murphy

[quote user="lake district canary"]Difficult one this.  Is the new lad available - if so stick him in and see what he''s got.  We want a strong team, but can''t afford to play our best team with the game so important on Saturday. However I''d keep the back four strong and play a defensive line up with Murphy up front as he relishes this kind of game.  With the players definitely available and resting Maddison, I''d consider -                   GunnPinto  Zimmerman Klose Lewis          Reed  Stiepermann     Edwards  Wes  Watkins                 Murphy

[/quote]Edwards isn''t available.

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="lake district canary"]Difficult one this.  Is the new lad available - if so stick him in and see what he''s got.  We want a strong team, but can''t afford to play our best team with the game so important on Saturday. However I''d keep the back four strong and play a defensive line up with Murphy up front as he relishes this kind of game.  With the players definitely available and resting Maddison, I''d consider -                   GunnPinto  Zimmerman Klose Lewis          Reed  Stiepermann     Edwards  Wes  Watkins                 Murphy

[/quote]Edwards isn''t available.[/quote]Ah, ok. In that case not many options, put Murohy on the left and add Oliveira -                   GunnPinto  Zimmerman Klose Lewis          Reed  Stiepermann     Watkins Wes  Murphy               Oliveira                 

From a selfish point of view I hope we play our strongest available side-whatever that is!

STFU - I hope we dont play our strongest team, we need a fir strong side for Saturday.

I forgot Stiepermann in my team lineup oops

[quote user="andrew norwichcity"]More interesting for me is who will make the bench?![/quote]Not sure we''ve still got enough players to have any on the bench. Surely everyone who is still here and fit will just about fill the starting XI places.

Do people really believe we can make the play offs? - it was only the other week we were worried about relegation.

If the play offs are a realistic target then play a side that rests any niggles or tiredness.

If they aren''t realistic, then let''s go for a cup upset and a cup run.

Based on what I''ve read/heard:

Gunn/McGovern - available

Pinto - available

Raggett, Zimmermann, Klose - available

Hanley - sore calves, unlikely to be risked

Lewis/Husband - available

Tettey - tired, unlikely to be risked

Reed - available

Trybull - injured, not available

Vrancic - ill, might play

Stiepermann - available

Wes, Watkins, Murphy, Maddison, Cantwell, Oliveira - available

Abrahams or Fonkeu might make the bench. Edwards (Spurs loanee) - not eligible.

My only worry is if we can''t play Tettey. Otherwise it''s basically the same XI minus Pritchard

Do they still do match programmes?

They must be the most worthless things about football. The team isn''t announced until about 45 minutes before the game so why bother with a magazine that is supposed to have the team lineups in it?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Do they still do match programmes?

They must be the most worthless things about football. The team isn''t announced until about 45 minutes before the game so why bother with a magazine that is supposed to have the team lineups in it?[/quote]
It''s announced bang on 60 minutes before Kick off. Your point still stands, just correcting the minor error.

It''s announced bang on 60 minutes before Kick off. Your point still stands, just correcting the minor error.

Never too old to learn

I am pleased that Farke has put out a very strong team against Chelsea. With exception of Tettey on bench and Trybul out through injury this is probably our strongest team. If Oliveira is hoping for a move this is his chance to show what he is capable of doing against Premiership opponents.