Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

It's times like this I miss 1st Wizard

Old Dave from Lowestoft would be having a field day at the moment what with the fire sales and scaling down of a squad by a Board settling down for a long spell in the Chumps.

How I miss his doom-mongering. Farke would have gone from absolute messiah to football pygmy and Delia would have been the subject of unrelenting spleen venting.

All of that would strangely have made the whole business easier to take.

That''s why the new breed of moaner is worthless.Wiz could start a one sentence post and garnish twenty pages of replies. Today''s moaners are anglian combination by comparison to Wiz.

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]I would have loved to see Arthur Whittle''s contribution to the EU Straw poll thread [/quote]Those pesky nephews would have had a field day. [:D]

It was quite shocking to see how rude some on here were towards himThankfully some of us did try to stick up for himAnd I am sure he would have welcomed a German manager as well

[quote user="Van wink"]All we have now is the Clown, no class.[/quote]I cannot possibly think who you mean winky. [:P]

[quote user="DDD In The Fine City"]Almost forgot about the time the nephews got hold of his computer Lapps haha

As for the Wizard good riddance, he loved every bit of abuse he received and thrived off it, LDC is a poor imitation of the troll[/quote]I''ve obviously got under your skin - you probably deserve it.  Wiz was a master troll and intended it, but I have no intent to be a troll. People might not like what I say - you obviously don''t - but then my views are untainted by being with an "in" crowd as such and I say things as I see them - which doesn''t go down well in some quarters.  Strange as it might seem to you, some people do have minds of their own......you should try it sometime. [:P]

[quote user="RUDOLPH FARKE"]Old Dave from Lowestoft would be having a field day at the moment what with the fire sales and scaling down of a squad by a Board settling down for a long spell in the Chumps.

How I miss his doom-mongering. Farke would have gone from absolute messiah to football pygmy and Delia would have been the subject of unrelenting spleen venting.

All of that would strangely have made the whole business easier to take.[/quote]^^This.

While the Wiz flip flopping was legendary, I''ve always been confused as to why relentlessly sticking to an opinion is considered to be a good thing while being open minded enough to change your position is considered bad.

"Sticking to an opinion" is usually done because other people will try to claim their opinion is better than yours - and it often isn''t.  We like to be comfortable that the way we see things is how they are - so we don''t like it when challenged and appear stuck.  For what it''s worth, my mindset is based on that anything is possible, until it isn''t.  What makes that seem conrontational in some people''s eyes is that they respond to my posts with a closed mindset - they can''t - or won''t - see that other things are possible - and I think that is a shame.  Wiz was a master at winding people up, he seemed to thrive on it. I don''t try to wind people up and I don''t thrive on it - I simply say things how I see them - and if that upsets people then that is up to them.  Dorrans did play on the left in his early career and  didn''t lose that ability and experience just because he eventually setted in central midfield. So there !! [:P]

Yep, Keep up the good work LDC , i tend to have similar views on things to you. except..... Dorrans on the left and the DeGea/Rudd similarity, yes,all things are possible until theyre not, i agree, but that neither makes them likely or realistic.

It''s funny LDC as I see you as the opposite of Wiz- you''re one of those who relentlessly sticks to an opinion no matter the mounting evidence against- Hughton and Neil being cases in point.

[quote user="king canary"]It''s funny LDC as I see you as the opposite of Wiz- you''re one of those who relentlessly sticks to an opinion no matter the mounting evidence against- Hughton and Neil being cases in point.[/quote]I criticised Hughton and Neil on several occasions, quite severely at times - but yes, I believe if we had kept Hughton on, he would have got us back up again - and I believe Neil could have done a good job clearing out and rebuilding this time.  The overall issue for me is having a manager and sticking with him through thick and thin.  There is too much short termism in football and imo a long term settled way of doing things is what we need more than anything as a club.....it surprises me that more people can''t see that and just "want rid" all the time. I really hope that this time we have a system of management that stands the test of time and doesn''t buckle under pressure as past syatems have.  If that is sticking to an opinion relentlessly I make no apologies for it! [:)]

[quote user="lake district canary"]it surprises me that more people can''t see that and just "want rid" all the time.[/quote]You wanted rid of Snoddy. [8-|]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]it surprises me that more people can''t see that and just "want rid" all the time.[/quote]You wanted rid of Snoddy. [8-|][/quote]

Ouch! [:S]

Actually not quite true. I criticised him while at Norwich but was always saying I wanted him to improve or to show that he was learning.  After he had gone I was more disparaging about him - but still would have been quite happy for him to prove me wrong, as I like nothing better than seeing people change for the better.  There is always hope for people......

I sort of miss good old Wizard too though he did flip flop on a daily basis, not sure he would have been on board with the ''''All the Germans'''' though lol

No comparison with Wizard & Lakey as at least Lakey is consistent in his opinions

Maybe see you at Derby Lakey ?

I disagree this time LDC didn''t make it about himself, I brought it up and he''s got a right to give his opinions on what others say, he has made plenty of other threads about himself tho.

Thinking about other past posters over the years, what happened to dumble Delia is magic?

Having been a lurker for many years I have to say I loved a good Wiz thread.

Nobody else has come anywhere near in terms of generating debate. Plus I much prefer flip flopping to maintaining a ridiculous point of view and never admitting your are wrong. But thats just me.

R.I.P Wiz your like will never be seen again.

I''m not sure Wiz ever wrote as much as Lakey does! But, then again, I didn''t waste my entire life on this forum so I can''t really make an accurate assessment of that!I think LDC has some valid points and a large proportion of the criticism of him on here is unfair. Some of the replies are bordering on insulting and he often handles it well... But, like I said, maybe I''m missing something as I haven''t read or been involved in EVERY single post on this forum since it''s inception.Probably makes me a bad fan, huh? [;)]

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 17/01/2018 3:35 PM:

I thought this thread was about Wiz? Seems like someone has made it all about himself.

I miss good posters such as Bor and Morty.

👍