Sign in to follow this  
unique

Norwich’s ‘special plan’ for Chelsea

Any guesses for Farke’s ‘special plan’ for Chelsea?

Start with no recognised forward and Oliveira on the bench?

Have at least one shot on target?

[quote user="unique"]Any guesses for Farke’s ‘special plan’ for Chelsea?

Have at least one shot on target?[/quote]

I always wonder why people start a thread like this the day BEFORE a game as you really can''t win. If we lose, in most people''s minds that would be expected but let''s face it 2 televised games against Chelsea gets in lots of income and not a huge risk of injuries, however if we play well and lose, get to extra time or even win you will look such an idiot then avoid the message board till people have forgotten and then you eventually come back back write more negative comments.

They are Farke’s words, not mine.....

You can answer the question any which way you like....seriously....tongue-in-cheek.....facetiously....just don’t have a clucking hissy fit over it.

[quote user="Canary Utd II"]I hope we have learned our lesson from the Arsenal game, we have a big game on Saturday, our best players will need to be rested and fit for that. [/quote]Not a chance, Farke loves the cup and playing against big teams. Gung Ho Tonight!

Reasons to put out a strong team:

We’re going to end up mid-table-might as well have a go against an out of form, weakened Chelsea team-if we win we get a home match against Newcastle on TV;

If we put out a weakened team and get stuffed, what will that do to morale?;

DF has not put out weakened teams before so he must stick to his principles;

Do fans who’ve paid £30 really want to see our reserves play their reserves?

Not sure what a weakened team is for us at the moment - it sounds like we have a number of important players injured or ill, who we need for Saturday. Trybull is injured, Tettey is tired, Hanley is struggling with an calf injury and Vrancic is ill. That means a return to the squad for Husband, Stiepermann, Reed and Watkins - all not necessarily first choice in their positions, but I think we''ll see at least 3 of them in the team tonight.

bit of a gamble play our strongest team if we get a good result the confidence will be sky high and we can keep our good form going in the league

BUT if we get hammered the confidence could be knocked but then we were never expected to win anyway and Farke has got to pick them up for the next game

i think i would go with full strength if we play well and keep our form going it may take us closer to play offs with confidence high

also maddison scores a free kick or wonder goal might add 10 mill to fee :-)

Unless Chelsea suddenly have an upswing in form, they are not really tearing opposition up lately, i''d say the Special Plan should be soak up the pressure, much as we did at CR, nullify and eventually negate their midfield, looking to take our inevitably limited chances.We wont have a better crack at a top Premier side as Chelsea are not at their best at the moment, we gave Arsenal a good run for their money, we probably scored ''too soon''...if such a thing is possible....lets dig in , defend well, score on 88 mins and look forward to playing the Geordies at home.

Play our fringe and youngsters, tell them to go out there and do your best, enjoy the experience. If they lose by a few no big deal, but play our strongest available, get hammered or a couple more injuries and it makes the league run in harder.

Let’s be honest is the FA cup really worth a shot? Just take the money from the replay, give our youngsters a taste of olaying the big boys it might just motivate them to make our first team next year!

Some of the negativity on this board is just beyond me. Urgh... It''s probabaly even worse than the ridiculous Facebook fan pages, on which I could swear that some of the people posting about Norwich have never watched football before, let alone been to a Norwich game.So... Thise complaining about the team and manager and board etc. What are you going to do about it, first of all and will you even bother watching the game tonight? Have you even got TV''s?

The plan should have been for the lads to have an early night last night, no mucking about, Tettey tucked up with his teddy by 8pm. Extra splodge of porridge for breakfast this morning and a walk up Wembley Way to gee them up before a lunch of pie and mash with a side of peas or baked beans. Yoga and massage in the afternoon, save the happy ending for the game.

Should do the trick.

If we have injury doubts then fair enough don''t risk them.

But to talk about putting out the youngsters against the PL Champions away when we don''t pick them for games against Burton at home makes no sense.

And with our depleted squad, we can''t really afford to be choosy.

That’s the thing Keelan, we are still with a very slim chance of top 6, we’ve got injuries and can’t really afford to lose too msny more key first team players, odds are we won’t win this with a full starting 11, we’ve made the replay which adds money to the coffers and it’s a great game to blood some youngsters to give them a game be it off the bench against Chelsea!

Just my opinion.

to give them a game be it off the bench against Chelsea!

I agree with that but to start a lot of youngsters could be soul destroying.

Sorry, I did say fringe players who are fit, Watkins, Wes etc to start with youngsters on the bench, but looks like Farke has gone with a strong lineup.

I think that is fair enough. We have to try and win the game if not just for the money.

[quote user="unique"]Any guesses for Farke’s ‘special plan’ for Chelsea?

Have at least one shot on target?[/quote]

Lol

He''s made you look silly