Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Penalties

We were confident. Is that the German influence? I think Nelson''s was a good save but that put pressure on the others. Especially Josh whose PK was sudden death. Our youngsters are becoming men before our eyes.

I was never all that confident, Chelsea had some exceptional players from spot kicks. The thing that I do have a question about though is shouldn''t it have been the ABBA system like Lineker said in commentary?

We went second which has been proven to be a 70:30 advantage to the team taking first. I thought they had the ABBA system going. I guess that must just be the league cup.

Don''t think it was ever in doubt that Chelsea would win that shootout. They had big Willy in net, who''s a proven penalty king and had their fans behind the goal as well. The 3 that went in from us all looked excellent but too little, too late. Oliveiras was a nervy one and pretty much all of Chelseas, Gunn was nowhere near.

Shame it had to end like that but in the grand scheme of things, it''s not a big deal. Hopefully it gees the lads up a bit to get them to have a real good stab of going for 6th. A win at the weekend and we''d be chasing it at just the right time.

At least the penalty shoot out will have pleased those who said we would concede 5 goalsSadly they are not here tonight to celebrate their predictionConeys boots Highland CanaryuniqueSimmo2keith ScottIron Stan