Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team - and club - to be proud of.

Nothing wrong with our club or our team when we can put on a performance like that. Heroic players in every way tonight, some terrific characters emerging in the team and a boost to all real Norwich fans everywhere in the world.   

Totally agree.
We had something special under Lambert and it seems to have been lost since Hughton took over.
We''re getting our club back instead of paying our money to watch a bunch of overpaid, prima donnna Prem wannabes.

Absolutely right LDC. Some real character in the performance and for two so inexperienced I thought Zimmerman and Lewis were outstanding.

If they can show this fighting spirit for the rest of the seasin we will be one helluva lot closer to the play offs that some on here have claimed.We were without Pritchard, Tettey (few mins) and Trybull from the previous cup game.And I''m sure we will have a few more battlers to come in, so plenty to be pleased with tonight, and much to be optimistic about as well.

Very proud of the team ,excellent performance from all,thought cantwell looked promising as well ,good set of youngsters at moment.

City Fans were outstanding

There are some players who if they hadn''t already are really showing their worth and ability.

Its sad to see the likes of Pritchard go and the speculation surrounding the likes of Klose and Maddison, but also inevitable unfortunately.

But we seem to have picked up some talent very cheaply in Vrancic, Zimmerman and Trybull who are all showing their ability. Lewis has been a revelation, hopefully there are a few more gems coming through waiting for the chance, I think Cantwell looked too shabby considering making his debut on such a stage.

I''m tempering realism with optimism though, we should be looking up not down and that team tonight was more than capable of reaching the playoffs. That said there is some obvious restructuring going on with the old highly paid guard moving on and its bound to be disruptive especially if players get ripped away from us who we want to build around.

Unfortunately our shopping is almost inevitably going to be hit and miss in our current state, for every Vrancic, Zimmerman and Trybull there is a Husband, Franke and dare I say it Stiepermann (who the jury''s still out for me).

I think its an interesting time and I think both Farke and Webber have proved they have talent, I hope given time that pays off for us.

If nothing else, tonight must surely have shown and doubting City fans why DF needs as long as it takes to have a team to call his own, In just half a season he has stamped his persona onto the squad, he knows what he wants, unlike AN who lost it and stayed a year to long. Sure, lots of ups and downs performance wise in the Champs, but if we just stop and think a minute at how many players left in the summer, how many new ones came in, with it still ongoing, 5 out in last week to 10days then its no wonder theres been ups and downs.A huge upheaval right thru the club, but a night like tonight just shows the potential there can be at City. To see young guys like Lewis, Cantwell, Josh and Madders competing...yes, competing..with the English Prem. Champions brings joy unbounded. And was that a City defence?..just superb, the change since Millwall away is hard to put into words.Yup, we have some spaces to fill, DF knows it and im sure Webber does to, Nelson did good tonight, but my, he needs some strike support. Even at the lowest moments of this season, always believed we should go thru with this club evolve, a night like tonight shows why. But patience guys, more ups and downs ahead for sure and of course...never mind the danger.OTBC.

Hopefully people remember that effort & performance after the next rocky result. Unlikely; as farke himself mentioned, one win, we''re in the playoffs, one loss we''re relegated. Form dipped after arsenal, but surely the group will take confidence from that display, despite the disappointment. Tettey should be starting on Saturday too. His knees should be bubble-wrapped! Looking forward to Sheffield united. Well done to the lads.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Absolutely right LDC. Some real character in the performance and for two so inexperienced I thought Zimmerman and Lewis were outstanding.[/quote]

Yes Zimbo and Lewis stood out , along with Gunn...our GK was terrific

Don’t want to be the negative one but...

The squad is down to the bare bones. I just hope we have enough left in the tank for Sheff Utd as we don’t have the luxury of changes. Pinto went off injured and we have got rid of our only RB back up. Oliveria has to be able to go for 90minutes again.

If we go on a similar post-Arsenal run will this heroic defeat be in vain?

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Don’t want to be the negative one but...

The squad is down to the bare bones. I just hope we have enough left in the tank for Sheff Utd as we don’t have the luxury of changes. Pinto went off injured and we have got rid of our only RB back up. Oliveria has to be able to go for 90minutes again.

If we go on a similar post-Arsenal run will this heroic defeat be in vain?[/quote]
[img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31lVQw5iHEL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/img]

It is performances like that which will bring fans with differeing opinions together.The atmosphere at CR on Saturday should be rocking.