Sign in to follow this  

Jamal Lewis.

There''s a few quid in the bank. What a game he played.

I suppose we have to worry about selling him now!? Brilliant young player, a complete revelation.

What I particularly like about him is his decision making. All the hallmarks of a top quality player.

[quote user="Inch High aka Inchy.."]There''s a few quid in the bank. What a game he played.[/quote]He''s really come on in the few games he''s played so farReally impressive tonight, and a superb and deserved goal

Mature head on young shoulders........Young Mr Lewis is destined for the top........and I for one, sure hope he does......

It’s funny how we see games differently.

First half I thought he looked out of his depth. Kept getting beaten easily and looked indecisive on the ball. Oliveria looked incredibly frustrated with him at times, which of course he shouldn’t do.

However, second half he was much, much improved and used the ball more effectively and linked very well with Murphy.

All In all a decent game, and a decent prospect. But definitely some things to work on and iron out, as you’d expect from a 19 yr old.

Minus Hanleys error for the goal the whole defence was outstanding tonight. Jamal was arguably our best player, very solid and great going forward. Incredible given his age how athletic and strong he is, and quick too. Awesome first goal for the club too to cap it off. Clearly destined for big things, I just hope we can keep hold of him.

Yes Lincoln, because Oliveira was well within his rights to look frustrated. I mean at times he even considered jumping for the ball, whilst Lewis only did his defensive duties remarkably well AND Nelson''s job for him too by scoring the equaliser.

If Oliveira actually had any positional sense he would have been on the end of Murphy''s cross at the far post rather than berating him.

Remind me where Chelsea''s goal came from and how many chances they garnered from our left?

[quote user="Ian"]Yes Lincoln, because Oliveira was well within his rights to look frustrated. I mean at times he even considered jumping for the ball, whilst Lewis only did his defensive duties remarkably well AND Nelson''s job for him too by scoring the equaliser.

If Oliveira actually had any positional sense he would have been on the end of Murphy''s cross at the far post rather than berating him.

Remind me where Chelsea''s goal came from and how many chances they garnered from our left?[/quote]

Did you read my post properly? I said Nelson was wrong to show his frustration.

Thought he was MOTM and didn''t see any real difference in performance in either half. Looks like a real chance that we have found another gem

I read your post. You were snidely putting down our most exceptional and inspirational player tonight, whilst bigging up your favourite "striker". Who has been repeatedly, and undeniably shite over the last few games.

Lincoln Canary:

I read your post and I also have the same view as you. A bit shaky in the first half and then better for the rest of the game. He seems a good prospect for the future. Nice to see young players given the chance. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Credit to Farke to give him the chance.

Also credit to Farke for taking off Todd Cantwell. It could have destroyed his career if he had taken a penalty and missed it.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Thought he was MOTM and didn''t see any real difference in performance in either half. Looks like a real chance that we have found another gem[/quote]

Totally agree.

Our entire defence looks more and more together

Zimmermann was solid too

Dunno about the shaky first half, the guy has so much energy! He had 96% pass accuracy tonight as well which for a left back is unreal! I don''t think Chelsea really had much joy at all down his flank. He worked very well with Josh Murphy as well. Hopefully that''s a left flank partnership that we can keep going with for years now.

I thought he was outstanding, you could pick a few faults but you need to allow for the calibre of opposition he was up against, which was a couple of levels above the normal players he will face in the Championship and overall he did really well despite that.  It always amazes me how those looking for negatives are happy to ignore the quality of the opposition when it suits them, if we had been playing against a team from the lower leagues they''d have been the first to point that out !

I think the first half issues were more tactical- we''d not played this formation against another back 3 before and you could see some issues with players getting free at the back post because we didn''t seem sure if the wing back or wider central defender should be picking them up. Once we got that sorted the whole defence looked much better and Lewis was excellent.

19 year old playing in his first season of first team senior football having only played 6 previous games until last night and he didn''t look out of place defending against the likes of Zappacosta who pushed really high. Credit to the lad.

He had a great game - but then pretty much everyone did themselves proud.

There was just that moment that we switched off for their goal, which rather than being solely attributed to Hanley, seemed to be a collective of him and Pinto and the Norwich right in general that hesitated and allowed Kenedy to cross

The only thing I remember Lewis doing wrong was slipping in the box although that was because his feet gave way off the pitch. other than that a truly great perform,ance from soembody who has jumped at the chance in the first team.

As for the goal, it was outrageous all round. Klose can barely play a 10 yard pass yet can whip in a cross with his weak foot to a player who has no right to be in that position, who flicks in a header Kane would be proud of...

true left footed left backs with pace to burn are hard to come by if you were a scout of a PL club last night you would have put a tick next to Jamel Lewis

If he continues like this he will have a great future