Sign in to follow this  
cambscanary

Midfield issues

Right this is the way it is.

you cannot expect to do well if you sell one of the leagues best midfielders and replace him with er well nothing really!!!

selling francis was unavoidable coz he wanted to go but who have we brought in to replace him???? who gets forward from midfield and scores goals for us????? NO ONE thats who. there is no doubt we have enough quality up front and enough at the back (so long as flem is dropped ASAP) but i think we lack in the middle. no wingers and no good attacking centre mid!!!!

i''m not happy!

cheers

cambscanary

That is one of the most worrying things for me Worthington thinking the midfield is fine . That £2million Morrison money should have been spent on Koumas the best creative midfielder available this summer , hes doing ok at Cardiff and according to Dave Jones way to good for this division. Creativity or people who can run but not play football ? Creativity every time for me.

[quote]That is one of the most worrying things for me Worthington thinking the midfield is fine . That £2million Morrison money should have been spent on Koumas the best creative midfielder available this su...[/quote]

Look at the impact WLY has had when getting the ball centrally in the last couple of games.  We can really hurt teams when that bit of flair is there; but why have them when your game plan is the long hoof to ashton or Hux?

How do we accomodate him (the only ball player in the team currently) with hux, ashton and lisbie?  Tuesdays performance showed that the gap between midfield and attack to too big (again) andsomething charlie pointed out before the season started.

Playing WLY and Hux in midfield leaves us to vulnerable defensively - is 6-0-4, or 4-2-0-4 an option (the 0 denoting 20 yards between midfield and attack, witht he two (safri and hughes) sat on the back fours toes as usual?

Alterrnatively can he play as Safris partner - I think he is too lightweight but it would surely improve our attacking passing?

OTBC

[quote]That is one of the most worrying things for me Worthington thinking the midfield is fine . That £2million Morrison money should have been spent on Koumas the best creative midfielder available this su...[/quote]

I raised this point over a year ago when advocating,praying and pleading for us to sign Andy Reid from Forest, or at least someone of his ilk.

The succession of signings since convinced me that it is not part of Worthy''s game plan to have brainy players in his squad, this is further borne out by the fact that McVeigh can not endear himself to the manager at the moment.

Someone with a bit of craft in midfield would have Ashton scoring in virtually every match just as he did with the service he got when at Crewe.