Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Naismith is off to...

Naismith is definitely a worse signing than RVW, in my opinion.Reasons for this being that he cost a lot of money for an older player, is on stooooopidly big wages and contributed very little (aside from all the great work we hear he did with the youth teams). His wage has basically been a stumbling block for us ever since as no other football team in any British league would pay him what we did. Plus we''re very unlikely to recoup any of the 8.5 million we spent on bringing him here (at least we got a nominal fee for RVW).Terrible piece of business but I will admit to being quite pleased when I heard we were going to sign him. Unfortunately, watching him play soon changed my mind on that!

Well not really because hes awful. To be fair the 25% of his wages we''ve saved could be ÂŁ10k a week which would be better spent on someone who at least shows some interest.

McGovern, Martin, Jarvis, Naismith will all definitely be allowed to move on next summer probably for no or a small fee if we can find someone who will pay the wages.

Tettey & Wes will be released.

We''re probably not desperate to move on Klose because unlike the likes of Martin & Naismith Farke actually rates him, but because of his wage he would probably go if someone comes in with half a decent bid.

@Move Klose

We''ll struggle to move on Jarvis even if we don''t want a fee.

Who wants to pay wages for someone who won''t have kicked a ball in two full seasons when the summer roles around?

Hasn’t he agreed a pay cut to get the deal to go ahead as well? We could be paying say 50%, hearts 25% and he might have cut 25% for example