Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Naismith is off to...

Hearts, apparently. Good luck to the man, I wish him well 👍

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hearts-agree-steven-naismith-loan-11864256

A loan is no good to us really. No doubt we will still be paying most of his wages. Need to cut our losses, do a deal and get him out on a free.

A loan at least saves us some money, he''s clearly not going to be involved.

I guess the hope is he performs well enough there to make them or another Scottish team want him longer term.

The measure of the deal is simply the percentage of Naismith''s wages Hearts are paying.

I don''t know what he''s on, rumours range between £30-50K a week. I appreciate any saving is a saving but unless Hearts are stumping up upwards of 50% of his wages it doesn''t seem like a great deal.

Being honest, I thought Naismith was a great bit of business when we signed him and I expected him to be a big success. I don''t recall many (if any) people counselling against his signing.

Likewise, I was really pleased when we signed and so was pretty much everyone else as far as I can remember.His first game against Liverpool seemed to confirm it - very strange how it all went downhill from there on.

One of the reports under that piece is about Jordan Jones who we’ve been linked with for £1m, the manager of Ayr says he’s got no end product and is only worth £150,000 !

He’s not likely to be playing for us in the first team so ANY deal where anyone pays part of his wages is better than nothing.

None of us know diddly about Naismith''s loan fee or his wages, so no point guessing these kind of things. Point is, if this report is accurate, then halfway thru the short crazy window of January, Webber has shifted out Pritchard and Jerome on permanents and Wildschut, Martin and Naismith on loans, combine that with a sprinkle of other loans for our younger guys then thats an amazing completion in such a small time slot and continues from what was achieved during last summer.We can opinionate each seperate deal done but we all know huge changes had to be made, wages had to be slashed, not just slightly decreased and Webber has done exactly that. Yes we all want and hopefully look forward to maybe 1 or 2 new guys coming in now, but the speed of change since Webber arrived is remarkable . Maybe this Kenny McLean from Aberdeen may be a new un, lets wait and see.

The potential signing of Kenny McClean is about as exciting as a lobotomy. If we are going down the road of trying to replace decent players like Pritchard with cheap, Scottish players and loans then it’s only going to end one way - think Roeder and relegation under Gunny.

We need strikers and right back cover not another attacking midfielder.

Agreed. He looked superb in the Liverpool game. I remember thinking, thre it is, we''ve got what we''ve been missing, the real deal in front of goal. Hard-working clinical finisher. Really thought having him would turn draws into wins and losses into draws.

So disappointing to see that level of performance not being replicated. I always thought he would come good. First impressions eh?

I rememember Redmond''s debut being sparkling as well. Pilkington was probably my favourite player at the time and Redders seemed to have been brought in to displace him, so I wasnt automatically receptive to him being first choice, but every time he got the ball he was dazzling, exciting jinky mazy runs. It was clear he had potential. That freedom seemed to be coached out of him pretty quickly though

Agree totally with Tooting, didnt here anyone say dont sign him back in the day, and after the Liverpool game we thought we had won the lottery.Glad he has gone to Hearts rather (still not finalised) than another SPL club, i am lead to believe Hearts are paying around 10k a week of his wages, which over a year equates to £500,000. They have a great academy and are bringing through some great youngsters, watch out for 16 year old Harry Cochrane, and these youngsters will, in my opinion, only flourish from someone like Naismith. Finally, a bit like Russ, i think in spite of some of the stick he has had from our own fans, he has only ever shown professionalism and acted as  such, now where is my tin hat....................

I just don''t buy this ''you weren''t upset when we signed him so you can''t criticise the signing now'' argument.

We''re not paid to scout, assess, judge and sign players, those employed by the club are.

We''re fans- we''re supposed to be excited about new signings. It takes quite something for me to not be excited about a new player. I''m sure if we signed someone and I shat all over the signing people would be complaining about ''getting on a players back before they''ve kicked a ball.'' Yet apparently if you''re not negative about the signing at the time you don''t have the right to criticise when they turn out to be gash.

Some of us did have reservations about signing Naismith, Lessingham. It was a gamble which has catastrophically failed.

He seems to have conducted himself well while at the club and has done lots with the youth teams, which is admirable, but the transfer will go down as one of the worst in the club''s history.

Dont disagree Legend Iwan about his signing going down as one of the worst, we have a saying at work that i''m sure you have heard off, "everytime you point the finger, remember there are 3 others pointing back" which makes me wonder, how much was down to him and how much to the management last season and is he a circumstance of his paydeal ?

Beggars cant be choosers no one wants to buy him or have him for free and replicate his current wages so the best we can do is try to get a bit back until he is out of contract an absolute financial nightmare

Will the last player to leave Carrow Road please switch off the dressing room lights

This is an interesting one, is it Hearts or Rangers...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/potential-rangers-transfer-twist-international-medical-scheduled-reports/

Sorry non clicky!

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]Will the last player to leave Carrow Road please switch off the dressing room lights[/quote]yes, why haven''t we signed anyone since Webber and Farke arrived ?

yes, why haven''t we signed anyone since Webber and Farke arrived ?

You''re the know all so tell me

Has been seen arriving at Hearts today, looks like its happening for the rest of the season with them paying 25% of his wages.

I sense we''ll ''mutually agree'' to terminate his contract in the summer...

[quote user="Woodman"]Has been seen arriving at Hearts today, looks like its happening for the rest of the season with them paying 25% of his wages.

I sense we''ll ''mutually agree'' to terminate his contract in the summer...[/quote]With Cam, Pritch and possibly Russ gone too, plus Tettey''s contract ending, who does that leave on a big wage? Wes, Nelson and Timm I guess. Anyone else?

Yer Michael Bailey says 25% of the wages will be paid by Hearts. Which is say £10k a week which will pay a new signings wage.McGovern is another they will probably try and shift, big wages as he was a free & coming off the back of a good euros, supposedly turning down being a No2 in a prem side to be our No1.

It''s a close-call for me as to whether Naismith or Wolfswinkel is our worst-ever signing. I think I''d still plump for The Wolf, given than I was seduced into thinking he''d be some total-football, van Basten-sque genius...

I have Naismith down as a worse signing the RVW

I''m usually pretty open minded about who we sign, but I was very skeptical of Naismith and especially at the fee we supposedly paid. Sadly, he has not proven me wrong.

I hope he does well at Hearts, but only because it might make someone sign him permanently.

Nuff said - I think the top earners left are probably McGovern, Klose, Tettey, Wes, Jarvis, Pinto and maybe Oliveira. I think all were part of the Premiership squad, bar Nelson, so probably had a contract that went with our status at the time.

Wes and Tettey are out of contract this summer & I can see Klose and Nelson leaving too - hopefully not in this window though.