Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Happy New Year & Thank You

Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish all you pinkun posters a Happy New Year and to say a big thank you to all of you who have supported us this year by coming to events, entering our prediction comp, donating raffle prizes or just kind words about our efforts.
We have had 7 events this year, the most popular being the fans forum with Stuart/Daniel/Steve which was attended by 320 people and the most important being our Mental Health evening with Cedric & Norman Lamb an event I''m now helping another club to roll out, plus we are still successfully raising loads of money for the CSF our chosen charity.
The club & it''s staff are still 100% behind us, helping, advising & supporting our events, they have really taken to our social club and there''s always at least 1/2 of their board members at our events plus some of their senior staff
So are next 2 events are
Jan 18th -  "They Think It''s all over" - An evening with Jamie Cureton, Bryan Gunn, Bill Punton with host Darren Eadie, £3 Adults £1 kids - Doors open at 7pm
Late Feb - Its our very popular charity quiz night which will be launched in the next 2 weeks
So thanks again to you all for your support we really do appreciate it and hope some of you can make the 18th
Diane ( on behalf of our volunteer''s team )

Happy New Year to you Diane and see you on 18th. If you announce the quiz while i am away on holiday i just know it will sell out very quickly so i will be happy to team up with Him Indoors as long as this time he does some research. [;)]

[quote user="Norwich City Fans Social Club"]Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish all you pinkun posters a Happy New Year and to say a big thank you to all of you who have supported us this year by coming to events, entering our prediction comp, donating raffle prizes or just kind words about our efforts.
We have had 7 events this year, the most popular being the fans forum with Stuart/Daniel/Steve which was attended by 320 people and the most important being our Mental Health evening with Cedric & Norman Lamb an event I''m now helping another club to roll out, plus we are still successfully raising loads of money for the CSF our chosen charity.
The club & it''s staff are still 100% behind us, helping, advising & supporting our events, they have really taken to our social club and there''s always at least 1/2 of their board members at our events plus some of their senior staff
So are next 2 events are
Jan 18th -  "They Think It''s all over" - An evening with Jamie Cureton, Bryan Gunn, Bill Punton with host Darren Eadie, £3 Adults £1 kids - Doors open at 7pm
Late Feb - Its our very popular charity quiz night which will be launched in the next 2 weeks
So thanks again to you all for your support we really do appreciate it and hope some of you can make the 18th
Diane ( on behalf of our volunteer''s team )
[/quote]

Brilliant stuff. Which club are you helping with the MH evening? Important that as many as possible get involved to increase the awareness nationally.

Thanks for the nice comments and pm''s.

Just a reminder that its only 9 days away and all the details are here www.ncfsc.co.uk

Also a nice piece on the ncfc website

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2018/january/ncfsc-they-think-its-all-over/

Thanks Lapps for the clicky you''re a star.

Had a chat with Bill Punton yesterday he''s looking forward to the forum on the 18th which got me thinking

How many fans on here have seen him play ?

[quote user="Diane"]Thanks Lapps for the clicky you''re a star.

Had a chat with Bill Punton yesterday he''s looking forward to the forum on the 18th which got me thinking

How many fans on here have seen him play ?[/quote]I believe dear old Laptop remembers watching Bill when he had a fringe (Bill that is, not master Laptop)

City 1st - What happened to Rhubarb or did you get fed up with him?

AS for Lappin, not sure he''s as old as you lol

[quote user="Diane"]Thanks Lapps for the clicky you''re a star.

How many fans on here have seen him play ?[/quote]Me for one. Not only saw him play, but enjoyed the banter between him and us fans leaning on the front rail of the South Stand; he was ribbed endlessly about his pate but took it all in good part and gave it back as good as he got. Much more entertaining in that respect than Mannion on the right wing. Bill was no Stan Matthews; when he got the ball he put his head down and ran straight ahead at pace, bit like a touchline-hugging Wildschut. But he could put in a decent cross.

He''s got some great stories too Westy. I''m well  looking forward to hearing them. 

Here''s a great effort to publicise our event by Muddy Ruddy......
Image may contain: 2 people, outdoor

[quote user="Diane"]City 1st - What happened to Rhubarb or did you get fed up with him?

AS for Lappin, not sure he''s as old as you lol[/quote]Not the season for rhubarb my dearSo out with the old .....ps still in my bloody 50''s !

Thanks Nutty for putting the picture up for me, i couldn''t for the life of me get it to post.

Hope some of you are coming on Thursday, should be a great night

Just wanted to put a bump on this. If your at a lose end this evening come and give us a look, great evening expected with three NCFC legends and helping raise money for the fantastic CSF. Myself, Diane, Nutty and all the other volunteers would love to see as many of you lovely pinkun posters there as possible.

Good man Til, I dont think weve have met yet so do come say hi if you see me, I have glasses a beard and will be wearing a read hoodie. See you then!

Good man Til, I dont think weve have met yet so do come say hi if you see me, I have glasses a beard and will be wearing a read hoodie. See you then!

Last reminder for tonight''s event, doors open at 7pm

Hope some of you can make it to support us, we do put a lot of hard work into these events so its rewarding if we get a decent crowd

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="lincsy88"]Good man Til, I dont think weve have met yet so do come say hi if you see me, I have glasses a beard and will be wearing a read hoodie. See you then![/quote]Don''t you normally just appear at Christmas ? [:D][/quote]

Thats made me full on laugh out loud that! My beard and hair arent white......yet.

Had a really good night, in fact think people laughed more tonight than Ive seen at other forums.

All 3 guests were good value Bill Punto told some great stories, Jamie & Darren relived their younger days when they joined as YTS lads at 15 and Gunny talked about Angus and how he wants to play for us in the Premier.

We got a decent crowd and generous Gunny tuned up with an auction prize for us of 4 tickets for game with 4 tickets for Gunn Club with meals which went for £120 into our CSF fund

Thanks to those who came and supported us, hope you enjoyed it

Right it''s 1am, I''m still winding down but it''s time for bed

Diane that was your best forum and could so easily have been called An Evening With............... as they could have talked all night without having the need to take Q & A. I was really impressed with Jamie Cureton ,Bill Punton was a laugh a minute and Gunny is obviously so proud of his son even though he appears to be taking his grandfathers advice on playing for England as opposed to Scotland.

Thanks Tilly thats very kind of you, agree it was one of our best ones, never heard so much laughter at a fans forum.

Our 3 guests had some great stories to tell and loved hearing from Darren & Jamie about their youth days together sharing digs etc.

These forums take a lot of organising but how worthwhile when you hear so much laughter & wake up to so.much great feedback.