Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Sheff Utd

So hopefully tonight actually boosts morale etc. somewhat and we can take it to an out of sorts Sheff Utd.

I just wonder what the teams going to be. Pinto looked out on his arse at the end of that and no doubt a few others were as well like Oliveira who has needed a rest for a while now.

We have a pretty well rested Tettey at least and the likes of Reed and Vrancic haven''t played too much recently. I do just worry we''ll be short going forward.

It might be 5 at the back (Stiepermann could come in at right back?) and then Murphy through the middle up top with the 4 man midfield (Tettey, Reed, Vrancic, Maddison) sitting narrow behind him at this rate.

I hope the recovery rate and their general conditioning allows enough time for those knackered at the end of the game to be ready for Saturday.

Pinto had cramp which shouldn''t preclude him from playing the next game.

Didn''t seem as though anyone picked up any knocks, so it''s then just a matter of overcoming the fatigue.

I hope Farke can get them buzzing to be back out playing with the same intensity and application

Think many felt that Norwich would take a confidence boost after the Arsenal game and carry it into the league - which really didn''t happen.

Fatigue is about the mind as well as the body - they should all be able to play 90 mins again three days after the Chelsea game, but fatigue often results in poor decision making and lack of concentration. Luckily unlike after the Arsenal game, Norwich will have a week between Sheff U and Brentford - hopefully this will allow them time to recuperate.

While it didn''t look like injuries happened in the game, although Reed did come off with a knock, fatigue injuries are most likely to occur a day or two after the game. So they may find some players have issues today or tomorrow.

Guessing Stiepermann, Edwards and Watkins will get some minutes on Saturday. But ultimately don''t think the result is hugely important as chances of getting into the play-offs are incredibly slim.

I think our exertions last night may well cost us points on Saturday, but the long term positives from our performance could be considerable.

Fans'' confidence in the Webber?Farke experiment has been boosted, and the players'' own confidence can only have been increased.

We gave a good account of ourselves on the national stage, which could encourage managers to loan us players, and players to come here.

So "Well Done" to DF for taking the cup games seriously.

Most of our players have played 210 minutes since Sheffield United last kicked a ball, so it''s going to be unbelievably tough - especially against a very energetic "in your face" team like SUFC. Annoying because if there''s one game I want to win (other than Ipswich) between now and May then it''s this one.

We do have some rotational options though - Tettey, Steipperman, Raggatt and Edwards spring to mind.

Sticking with the current formation I''d probably switch out Reed, Klose, Lewis and Murphy for those four.

Where does that game last night place in top games to watch Norwich this season. Pretty high I''d imagine? If we drop points then so be it. We have been doing it all season and if we are  good enough to make the playoffs we will do it. Reckon Sheffield will be a good game as they want to get revenge for the defeat we gave them last time. We also have Raggett, Hoolahan, Tetty, Edwards, Watkins, Stiepermann, Husband who didn''t play or play much last night.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Think many felt that Norwich would take a confidence boost after the Arsenal game and carry it into the league - which really didn''t happen.

Fatigue is about the mind as well as the body - they should all be able to play 90 mins again three days after the Chelsea game, but fatigue often results in poor decision making and lack of concentration. Luckily unlike after the Arsenal game, Norwich will have a week between Sheff U and Brentford - hopefully this will allow them time to recuperate.

While it didn''t look like injuries happened in the game, although Reed did come off with a knock, fatigue injuries are most likely to occur a day or two after the game. So they may find some players have issues today or tomorrow.

Guessing Stiepermann, Edwards and Watkins will get some minutes on Saturday. But ultimately don''t think the result is hugely important as chances of getting into the play-offs are incredibly slim.[/quote]

Disagree I think this is a hugely important game. Should we win another club that is reeled in and dependant on other results we could be within touching distance of the top 6.

Should we lose the gap against so many clubs gets nearer 9 points and winning 3 games more than so many clubs is unlikely.

Still think we will finish around 8th as Webbers project is now funded to carry on building a team to get promoted and survive the premiership so sneaking up this year maybe we won''t be anywhere near ready.

Should we go up and survive sometime in the next couple of seasons Webber will become hot property.

Yes Swindon, in ''your'' day, that might have been the case. ;)

I have had an ice bath, when I was playing sport, and it worked for me, and plenty of others.

With respect to your link, that is not dealing with athletes, such as footballers, and the intense exercise (etc) they exert, over 90 minutes. That link talks about 40 minute runs on a treadmill, and then does say, "For now, there are few firm conclusions to be drawn."

I think this is a really important game for us and its also one I badly want to win after the nehaviouer of their manager and fans at their place earlier in the season. classless t**ts almost to a man.

The players have not had the same level of workload leading up to Chelsea as they had pre Arsenal and crucially we have a fit Tettey to come back in. Vrancic and Reed have not been overworked so one of them should be fine to play alomgside him. Madders, lewis and co are fit young kids so should be fine. Pinto would be my biggest concern based on how he was cramping up last night.

We also crucially have a week after Shef U before our next game and a period coming up with no midweek games so plenty of time for players to rest/recover. it should in theory help us a bit given our squad constraints.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]Most of our players have played 210 minutes since Sheffield United last kicked a ball, so it''s going to be unbelievably tough - especially against a very energetic "in your face" team like SUFC. Annoying because if there''s one game I want to win (other than Ipswich) between now and May then it''s this one.[/quote]That is how I feel too with the antics of their manager and some of their fans. A good match to win!

Well if we’re to get anywhere near the top 6 with a late burst three points off Sheff United is a must.

Tettey will be fit, the rest will be fine I’m sure, the good thing is no injuries from last night.

They will be on a high no doubt, we took a strong Chelsea side all the way, I’m sure the likes of Cantwell & Lewis will have dreamed of that match!

According to the press conference Edwards isn''t fit to play and the game is also too soon for Trybull.

So by my estimation we''ve got...

Gunn

McGovern

Pinto

Klose

Raggatt

Zimmerman

Hanley

Husband

Steiperman

Lewis

Reed

Tettey

Vrancic

Cantwell

Murphy

Watkins

Maddison

Wes

Nelson

19 fit players so not much in the way of wiggle room, particularly if any of them are still recovering from Wednesday.

Gunn

Pinto Zimmerman Hanley Klose Lewis

Tettey Vrancic

Murphy Maddison Hoolahan

Oliveira

Is my best guess although Reed could easily play instead of Vrancic or Wes.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Gunn

Pinto Zimmerman Hanley Klose Lewis

Tettey Vrancic

Murphy Maddison Hoolahan

Oliveira

Is my best guess although Reed could easily play instead of Vrancic or Wes.[/quote]

I love how you''ve squeezed an extra player in to this team Jim. Id be interested to see how the team would fair if you took Oliveira out and had Wes and Madders behind the pace of Murph.