Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

Replacements?

An idea might be to contact the club, perhaps it has not occurred to them to add players to the squad as others leave.I''m sure they would be grateful

The only thing Webber has been good at is getting rid of talented players.

We are leaving ''ourselves'' (?) short.
Is the transfer window shut already ?

With Webber he will hold it close to his chest until we have a signed deal.

RM is having a prolonged move to Rangers is this to secure a replacement first?

[quote user="Reading fan who wont go away"][quote user="Hercules"]The only thing Webber has been good at is getting rid of talented players.

We are leaving ''ourselves'' (?) short.
Is the transfer window shut already ?[/quote]

No it hasn''t.

But you do realise though, that we still play games in January?[/quote]
Yeah, we just played one actually, against a top 6 side, away from home.
What was the score in that game again? [:D]

Like Edwards an incoming transfer can happen very quickly, in all likelihood there are deals in motion right now. Pritchard has already been ''replaced'' and none of Jerome, Naismith or Martin have been involved for weeks if not months so unless we suffer a sudden injury crisis they are not going to be missed for a week or two should ''replacements'' not arrive until deadline day.

Comings and going happen when they happen, it''s real life and not Football Manager or FIFA.

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]Like Edwards an incoming transfer can happen very quickly, in all likelihood there are deals in motion right now. Pritchard has already been ''replaced'' and none of Jerome, Naismith or Martin have been involved for weeks if not months so unless we suffer a sudden injury crisis they are not going to be missed for a week or two should ''replacements'' not arrive until deadline day.

Comings and going happen when they happen, it''s real life and not Football Manager or FIFA.[/quote]

Are people really prepared to accept a 19 year old loan signing with no first team experience as a replacement for Alex Pritchard?

God help us.

I do think its questionable to keep selling before having replacements secured and ready to come in as seems to be the case with Jerome given Farke''s comments.

We essentially now have one first team striker which is ludicrous.

DF said he is looking to strengthen in the striking areas, but followed that up with "we have several options who can play a fluid role. I''m pleased with Tristan Abrahams'' progress but it''s a bit too early."

To me, those options are Murphy or Watkins if Oliveira is out for whatever reason. That worries me.

Pritchard wanted to go.

He had an offer from a PL team (albeit Huddersfield) of more income and Premier League football.

The only thing in dispute about his leaving was the size of the fee.

If it''s rising to £14m then we might have done well. I say might.

Depends upon how he gets on

He has been injured for most of our season in any case (thanks to the Cambridge thugs.)

Perhaps our manager didn''t like him.

Lincoln, I''d have thought somebody of your apparent intelligence would have noticed the inverted commas around the word replaced when I referred to Pritchard. As in a body in to replace one that has left. So that we are not left short of numbers.

No reference to the quality of either player.

[quote user="Ivan Easter"]Hope we have replacements for who is going or being sold because at the moment not see much happening ?[/quote]
Do not worry Im sure there will be some news at the end of the week 

"Pritchard wanted to go"

"In the same way that Maddison, Murphy, Jerome and Oliveria want to go.

Pritchard wanted to go, because the club gave him the option to."

You are in favour of keeping players who want out then?

Strange.

We are a Championship club atm in case you hadn''t noticed.

From where did you get the information that Maddison, Murphy and Oliveira want out?

News to me.

Are you really a Norwich fan?

[quote user="looncoln canary"]The only thing Webber has been good at is getting rid of talented players.

We are leaving ourselves short.[/quote]What is it you don''t understand?Daniel Farke 05-01-2018.......“It was pretty clear when we spoke about it a few weeks ago about the

financial situation and Stuart made it clear that before we can sign new

players we have to sell some players and we need to be creative. So it

is hard work, so thank God that Stuart has to do it and I can just focus

on football.”http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/farke-confident-sporting-director-role-will-benefit-canaries-1-5343051

"The same place you got the information about Pritchard wanting to leave."

Are you suggesting now that he left against his wishes?

The quality question does remain, and I think it''s unlikely that we are going to be able to go out and buy somebody to immediately replace Pritchard''s quality given the cost cutting measures happening at the club. It''s either a loaned or an unpolished gem from somewhere.

This lad from Spurs could be another Kane (in a Norwich shirt) or he could rip the Championship up, time will tell. Think another attacking midfielder will come in to replace Wildchut/Naismith, a right back as back up for Pinto and a striker to fight for Oliveira''s shirt.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]"The same place you got the information about Pritchard wanting to leave."

Are you suggesting now that he left against his wishes?[/quote]

Stop being flippant.

You don''t know that Pritchard wanted to leave. It could easily be the case that the club wanted to sell him, and therefore Pritchard chose to leave when there was the option to.

Its exactly the same for players such as Maddison, Murphy and Oliveria. If a premiership club has a bid accepted, they''ll leave.

So would you say currently they ''want'' to leave?

The thing is you hardly ever say anything positive about NCFC.

Loads of binners read this site and your negativity is picked up and repeated on their site as if it is fact ..... which it isn''t.

I''m with Fenway Frank.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I wouldn’t mind if you leave[/quote]

I heard Reading were interested... lol