Sign in to follow this  
westcoastcanary

A WUM's-eye view of a good night at the Bridge

Prior to the game our resident WUM was keenly anticipating a good night, with City suffering a 5:0 humiliation at the Bridge. As the game developed and his disappointment grew, his posts became increasingly comical. Anyone wanting to refine their wumming skills can learn quite a lot from this "masterclass" (WUM''s posts highlighted in bold):

Maybe with Trybull and Tettey we could run them close. Vrancic and Reed are too lightweight and will be overrun.

Why is Vrancic marking Luiz at corners? Recipe for disaster. 

[Van wink wrote: Vrancic miles off the pace]

Willian having a field day against him.

It’s coming...  Reed having a shocker so far too.

[DDD In The Fine City wrote: Ffs we''re away at the premier league champions, have a word you muppets]

*Premier league champions reserve team. Anyway, you can’t defend passes like that one from Vrancic from Kloses throw in.

Chelsea will come out of the blocks flying first 10-15 minutes. Get through it and you never know.  Important Olive holds the ball up at every opportunity.

Don’t care who it’s against, that’s awful defending.

Fuck the VAR!

We look knackered now though.

Good foul madders... Cantwell needs to calm down on the ball.

Uh oh

We do need to put our foot through the ball a bit more!

[Rivvo wrote: Lincoln, highland, what’s your view so far?]

Decent performance.

We’re out on our feet though. This will be an enormous effort to survive another 15 minutes.

[Drazen Muzinic commented on Rivvo’s post:  We won''t hear from either of them until Saturday at the earliest.]

Been here all night plonker

[Making Plans wrote: They get away with diving every week. Time someone had the balls to stand up to them]

Agreed... so refreshing to see. Although second one was a peno.

Great performance. But ultimately for nothing. We’re now left with a squad of players knackered for Saturday. We need 2 or 3 decent additions ASAP.

[GJP wrote: Lincoln - it wasn''t for nothing because the lads will take loads from that. They might be knackered but they will take confidence and heart from pushing them all the way. Individually and as a team. Worth it.]

Like from Arsenal? Hopefully your right, and they do. My MOM was Klose... and a special mention to Reed who was fantastic second half.

[Ian wrote: All for nothing? Lincoln, why do you even watch football you total fuckwit? That is why we support our club - for moments like that, which remind you that there is pride in supporting your hometown club. For moments that, despite all the BBC blustering about VARse and penalties - remind you that there are still wonderful moments in English cup football, and will always continue to be. If we don''t experience those special, unique moments; why even bother following a sporting team at all?]

We lost?

[GJP wrote: Arsenal was slightly different because we took the lead and then lost it to two late goals. This time we fought back from a goal down and took them all the way. It''s a different feeling.] 

Yeah I agree it feels much better. Even so, with fatigue it’ll be hard to raise our game for Sheff Utd on Saturday.

N.B.  Note how the only really positive comment is about the ref, also how the grudging acceptance of the facts staring him in the face are immediately followed by negative further comments. Note also the complete lack of any reference to standout performances from e.g. Lewis and Zimmermann. To quote Highland''s favourite phrase: You couldn''t make it up!

I like to give credit where credit''s due. Lincoln is Premier League in comparison with the closet binners on this board. I had a thoroughly enjoyable two and a half hours on Wednesday watching my team do themselves, the club and genuine supporters everywhere proud; that''s time lincoln spent hating what he saw while generating a stream of dismissive, negative posts with no other purpose than trying to pour as much cold water on events as possible. And people tell me I''ve too much time on my hands and need to get a life?  

[quote user="westcoastcanary"]I like to give credit where credit''s due. Lincoln is Premier League in comparison with the closet binners on this board. I had a thoroughly enjoyable two and a half hours on Wednesday watching my team do themselves, the club and genuine supporters everywhere proud; that''s time lincoln spent hating what he saw while generating a stream of dismissive, negative posts with no other purpose than trying to pour as much cold water on events as possible. And people tell me I''ve too much time on my hands and need to get a life?  [/quote]
Actually, you do appear to have too much time on your hands lately and are spending that time here and elsewhere poring cold water on others.Perhaps you''re being neglected at home. 
Regarding this thread, Lincoln does come across negatively but to suggest that he hated what he saw is wrong. There are fans of all clubs who wring their hands in a such a manner but they still love their club. Some people laugh out loud at a scene in a movie while others don''t see it as being funny. A number of posters obviously think you''ve started a weird thread while one or two think it''s fine. It''s all good but I''d suggest you avoid being loose with the word "hate".