Sign in to follow this  
Rich T The Biscuit

Renew or not renew, that is the question

Think that’s called blind faith Purple.

Many businesses have gone out of business because they didn’t keep up with the times or invested when investment was needed.

The ‘value’ of the club hasn’t been this low for many years and when businesses are in decline, change needs to happen.

Change needs to happen and quickly

@purple

Nobody is complaining about being informed.

If they think signing over the club to their nephew is really the best idea, then they need to actually make a case for it. Otherwise don''t expect fans to keep turning up and financing his inheritance.

I''ll renew.

But this is the first season in the 24 i''ve had a season ticket - since the age of 8 - that it''s even crossed my mind not to.

I don''t care about us not challenging for promotion; i don''t care about the division we''re in; i don''t care that we''re selling our best players; i don''t have a problem with Delia; and i don''t care about the price...

But i''m sick of being bored senseless. The style of play is utterly miserable.

I can think of a single half of football - second half, home to Wednesday - where we looked dangerous and played with tempo.

I''ve already decided to stop the away games. Burton away - after an expensive xmas, watching a manager and a side who looked like they had absolutely no interest or intention of winning the game - put pay to that.

But i''ll renew again. It''s just what i do.

[quote user="hogesar"]I''ll renew. 
Because I''m a Norwich fan.
[/quote]

Well stated... That''s what fans should be doing.... Are we really all supporting Norwich for some glory days or for success.... I don''t understand, surely some of you should have chosen more carefully when you were younger. I had no choice I was born in Norfolk it was made for me.

I was born in Norfolk so what’s your point??

If I can see any kind of intention from the club that they are improving things and we sign some players then I dare say I might decide to renew.

My point isn’t about winning, it’s about being entertained and feeling like we’re going somewhere other than backwards.

If you’re comfortable going to watch no matter how bad it gets then that’s your choice, as it is anybody’s choice if they choose to not go. Doesn’t make me lesser of a Norwich City supporter does it??

Rich T, could it not be argued that to be a ''supporter'', by definition, you have to ''support'' the club?

Other than financial support - by buying a ticket - or vocal support - which you have to be at the games to participate in - i''m not sure what other support exists for us to offer our clubs.

So i suppose it could be said that, yes. Not renewing makes a person less of a Norwich supporter.

And i''m not accusing you, or meaning it in a derogatory way. Each to their own.

Maybe?

My ‘love’ for the club won’t change and I will still ‘supoort’ the team I just won’t be physically there lining the pockets of those that can’t see the wood for the trees.

It will still be the first score I look for and I’ll still get the score updates on my phone so does that count?

It doesn''t need to ''count'' for anything. We''re all free to go, or not, and choose our own levels of support.

I''m not trying to be controversial, just offering up a thought in response to your question to Dreams of Needergard.

[quote user="Rich T The Biscuit"]Maybe?

My ‘love’ for the club won’t change and I will still ‘supoort’ the team I just won’t be physically there lining the pockets of those that can’t see the wood for the trees.

It will still be the first score I look for and I’ll still get the score updates on my phone so does that count?[/quote]
Whose pockets do you think you''d be lining Rich? The only pockets I see filling up are the players. I for one can''t even imagine earning that much money. I spend some time each month with players from 50/60 years ago. They can''t imagine it either. Can you?
If you think you''re lining Delia''s pockets then you''re well mistaken. I guess if you were to try and force her to sell that could happen though.
As for renewing. That''s up to the individual. But don''t get talked into not renewing by folk on here who don''t have a ticket to renew. I know a poster last year who did that. Made a big point about not renewing throughout the winter. Even started threads on here about it. He''s still got a ticket now though so missing all the deadlines cost him a fair bit of money.
I shall renew until I either can''t get there or can''t afford it. If I didn''t enjoy it I wouldn''t. It would be pointless to spend all that money doing something you don''t want to do. Life''s too short.

I wasn''t trying to be controversial or suggest I''m more of a fan than anyone else merely players and no doubt some fans come and go as indeed do some board members it''s all about freedom of choice!!! Yes some of the passages of play bore me but not quite as much as under Hughton. Whatever happens it''s all just a different episode in being a lifelong fan. Similar to other relationships really!! 😊

hogesar wrote the following post at 11/01/2018 8:01 PM:

@king

I can only really go by my seat in the lower barclay. Obviously along with the snakepit the most vocal and likely to identify. When the delia out etc chants started in the lower barclay, there was less than 100 id say joining in, out of a few thousand. Most shook their heads in disappointment.

Yes I made the same point earlier, the support for Delia is still there IMO.

Very few around me and in the snake pit got involved in the Delia out chants, the ones that did tended to shout the loudest.

Reminds me, I hope the big fat Barsteward who was bellowing at Pritchard when he came over to take a corner the other day, and almost leapt over the barrier to have a go it him, is now a happier man.

[quote user="hogesar"]I''ll renew. 
[/quote]

Yes there is fans like you hogesar who would watch the team in Anglian combination and don’t really care how good the team is, you would be able to take dog with you then.

Most fans have a level of what they expect the club to be,

Myself expects the club to be as good as the fan base, simples.

12th best supported club - 12th in premiership. Higher over achieving, lower under achieving. Simple really

[quote user="Van wink"]hogesar wrote the following post at 11/01/2018 8:01 PM:

@king

I can only really go by my seat in the lower barclay. Obviously along with the snakepit the most vocal and likely to identify. When the delia out etc chants started in the lower barclay, there was less than 100 id say joining in, out of a few thousand. Most shook their heads in disappointment.

Yes I made the same point earlier, the support for Delia is still there IMO.

Very few around me and in the snake pit got involved in the Delia out chants, the ones that did tended to shout the loudest.

Reminds me, I hope the big fat Barsteward who was bellowing at Pritchard when he came over to take a corner the other day, and almost leapt over the barrier to have a go it him, is now a happier man.[/quote]

There’s very little support for Delia in the snake pit. Were quite clear Delia out chants in the bar at half time v Shef Weds.

[quote user="simmo_2"]Myself expects the club to be as good as the fan base, simples.

12th best supported club - 12th in premiership. Higher over achieving, lower under achieving. Simple really[/quote]Yep, no need to play all those games, just produce the final tables according to crowd size. Don''t know why they haven''t thought of it before....

[quote user="king canary"]@purple

Nobody is complaining about being informed.

If they think signing over the club to their nephew is really the best idea, then they need to actually make a case for it. Otherwise don''t expect fans to keep turning up and financing his inheritance.[/quote]Actually posters did complain about being informed. When they heard what the information was. They said S&J should not have done the interview. And I can pretty much guarantee that if S&J had not talked in that interview about their plans  or - worse - ducked the question, posters would have been up in arms about being kept in the dark.And surely in any event this is great news? Before, because of the uncertainty over what S&J actually intended, it was hard for fans to get protests off the ground to drive them out. Now the full horror of the future has been revealed it should be a doddle for the untold hundreds of until now frustrated activists there must be out there to create an unstoppable mass movement of many thousands.

People didn’t complain about them doing the interview. People complained about the contempt they implied for their own fans in certain things they said, the fact they made it clear they wouldn’t sack Neil when most fans wanted him replaced and the fact they made it clear they “don’t even listen to offers” for the club and are dead set on leaving it to Tom.

Sorry plus also the hypocrisy of complaining about how fans are treated and the premier league when we charge high prices to home and away fans and have essentially been bankrolled by the premier league for the last 6 years.

Were quite clear Delia out chants in the bar at half time v Shef Weds.

Maybe Jim but it didn''t get much support in the ground when it started up.

I also sit in the Snakepit. It''s definitely true - and pretty odd - that the anti-board stuff is louder and more wide-spread under the stand.

I do get the feeling the crowd is on the edge of turning pretty badly, however.

Personally, i hope it doesn''t happen, and won''t add to it. I''m pretty ambivalent when it comes to the board... But the ''Chase Out'' stuff wasn''t much fun and i hope we don''t see it again.

[quote user=""]I also sit in the Snakepit. It''s definitely true - and pretty odd - that the anti-board stuff is louder and more wide-spread under the stand.

I do get the feeling the crowd is on the edge of turning pretty badly, [/quote]Maybe, but the solution to that is on the pitch, not in the boardroom. Play well, win matches and be entertaining and any dissent will soon disappear.

[quote user="Dreams of Needergard"][quote user="hogesar"]I''ll renew. 
[/quote]

Well stated... That''s what fans should be doing.... Are we really all supporting Norwich for some glory days or for success.... I don''t understand, surely some of you should have chosen more carefully when you were younger. I had no choice I was born in Norfolk it was made for me.[/quote]

I was born in Norfolk and have been supporting Norwich for 53 years. My two year old grandson is on the waiting list for a season ticket and is patiently preparing to become a fifth generation supporter. I hate what is happening to my club and am struggling trying to justify spending the amount of money required to be bored senseless every week.

Is their a waiting list for season tickets I sit 20 yards from the half-way line in the South Stand and this season at least 6 seats around me are unoccupied plus the corner sections are almost empty

Supporters do so through thick and thin! That’s not to say that the Stowmarket two’s interview did not annoy me. Smacked of taking fans for granted!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user=""]I also sit in the Snakepit. It''s definitely true - and pretty odd - that the anti-board stuff is louder and more wide-spread under the stand.

I do get the feeling the crowd is on the edge of turning pretty badly, [/quote]Maybe, but the solution to that is on the pitch, not in the boardroom. Play well, win matches and be entertaining and any dissent will soon disappear.

[/quote]

It is indeed, LDC. And fingers crossed it happens.

But i don''t feel very confident that it will. I think it''s fair to say that we''re not very good at the moment and i can''t see it changing any time soon.

I hope i''m wrong, but we could well be seeing the start of another period of long-term, mid-table Championship football, as we did back in the 90s after our original Premier relegation. It wasn''t a whole lot of fun having every season over by mid-October, and crowds drifted down to the 10k mark at times.

Thankfully, the club did good work to boost the attendances (was it Andrew Cullen, or someone like that? Really seemed to target getting youngsters into the ground - a tactic that has paid off for years), and Worthington came in and built a good squad and we had our up-turn.

It''s all cyclical, i guess. A supporter takes the good with the bad.

It is all cyclical just as David McNally constantly told us during the upward cycle. And that''s not just us. Half the premier league have been there six seasons or less. That turnover tells you that what we are experiencing other clubs experience too. 

As I started this......

After last night it can’t be anything other than renew, if we can continue to show that much commitment and teamwork (even if we don’t make play offs) we can see that that’s entertainment and that’s all I ask for

I have no doubt after last night that the club is heading in the right direction.  We played our strongest side, tried to win the game, and almost did.For once I was really proud of our performance, especially the spirit and intensity shown. Farke must be given time, but we really must not be selling our players unless absolutely necessary. With a couple of shrewd additions we really could be playing Prem football next season. I''d recommend that you renew as you could be regretting it next season.....

That’s the key, having a sustainable model without the need to continually sell just to survive is what we need, that way we only let players go if the price is right.

I’m intrigued as to how we perform against Sheff Utd....

Fickle!

Couple of bad games and you''ll be putting on your parts again.

I honestly thought we were getting rid of some of you....

😉😉