Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Vrancic

Lets not forget, Vrancic was actually physically sick after the Bristol game, so Bethnal''s observation of him last night was spot on. Guy was obviously carrying some kind of virus so huge testament to him for giving a splendid 2 hours of play against the English Prem champs. As for him and Reed not quite up to speed in first 20 mins or so, well DF did say was the entire team in those minutes, but as the game wore on  all the team got to grips with their roles and did us proud.Its a learning curve for all who have joined City since the summer, least of all DF, who seems to be adopting new formations to particular games, and he and his lads seem to be far more in tandem together than was the case start of season, which, when you think of it, and the huge  change thats swept thru the club, is like breath of fresh air after those 12-18 months of AN in charge, when he seemed lost as to what to do.Cant expect every single formation to always succeed and therefore cant expect every guy  to succeed with every formation, Mario V is prolly one of those types, but heck, im not going to criticise him or any single City player from last night, each one gave their all and gave us a lot of pride, and end of the day no football fan can ask more from them than that.

[quote user="canarydan23"]What''s to debate? You watched the game and felt Reed was better than Vrancic and that Vrancic was poor other than a 30 minute window in the middle of the match.

Even if I was the world''s greatest debater, your opinion won''t change based on a few posts on the PinkUn message board, will it?

If you make comments like "some fans are so easily fooled" you can''t get your knickers in a twist when someone opts to not debate you and instead responds sardonically.

If you want some evidence to knock down your opinion, it can only be anecdotal, then I could point out that the people over at Read Norwich must be included in your easily fooled category, as they gave Vrancic a 9 out of 10 and the supposedly superior Reed an 8.

Likewise, when compiling a shortlist for who should be player of the match, the Archant journalists felt Vrancic was worthy of being one of the five contenders.

Lots of people are easily fooled according to you chap.

Of course, it might just be that Vrancic had a good game last night and the back of a good game on Saturday.[/quote]

Nice one Dan, you can do it.

He seemed to be struggling with the pace of the game early on but got better as the game progresses. Good on him👍

I think Canary Dan is an example of a decent poster.
I don''t agree with him, but he says Vrancic was poor but has given him praise for the last two games. 
There are a few example on this thread of what I mentioned before - once a preconception of a player is formed there is absolutely no willingness to change their opinion in fear of being wrong before (or whatever).
It''s a bit sad.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Tbf some fans are still doing it with Wes Hoolahan for 10 years now, even if he is one of our best players of the last 25 years.[/quote]
Fair [Y]

Everyone has their own prejudices and anyone who claims to see it all without them is either lying or naive.

I, for reasons that don''t make any real sense, never took to Marc Edworthy and probably didn''t give his performances an objective judgement. Fans who sit near me seemed incapable of giving credit to Nathan Redmond even at his best as they''d decided he ''didn''t beat his man enough.''

[quote user="lincoln canary aka Golden Coppel"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Tbf some fans are still doing it with Wes Hoolahan for 10 years now, even if he is one of our best players of the last 25 years.[/quote]

Exactly. And little miss piggy has been one of his biggest critics in the past, despite his high and mighty preach above.[/quote] [:D] Me thinks the WUM doth protest too much! Hoggy has your number lincoln and you don''t like it.

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="lincoln canary aka Golden Coppel"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Tbf some fans are still doing it with Wes Hoolahan for 10 years now, even if he is one of our best players of the last 25 years.[/quote]

Exactly. And little miss piggy has been one of his biggest critics in the past, despite his high and mighty preach above.[/quote] [:D] Me thinks the WUM doth protest too much! Hoggy has your number lincoln and you don''t like it.[/quote]

Cringe...

[quote user="CanHeRead_IsHeReading"][quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Tbf some fans are still doing it with Wes Hoolahan for 10 years now, even if he is one of our best players of the last 25 years.[/quote]

Exactly. And little miss piggy has been one of his biggest critics in the past, despite his high and mighty preach above.[/quote]
I''ve never been a Wes critic...
But keep trying fella.

Wes is a meh one minute, hero the next. If only he could be consistent. Last night he went from sublime (the chip over the Chelsea players head) one minute, to awful less than 30 seconds later when lost control of ball on touchline. He could have been a world beater.

Varancic could still be that world beater. Last night he was easily a 9, only Hazard came near to him in midfield and he had the advantage of fresh legs during his brief visit. And because Vrancic played so well, Maddison looked bang average by comparison, so potential suitors may have looked away. Only Lewis, Zimbo and Gunn challenged him for MoTM.

tired wrote the following post at 28/01/2018 7:53 AM:

Didn''t see the match, how did our Bosnian boy do against Brentford?

Played rather well, especially first half. He worked hard and his range of passing was very good. Was bypassed alot in the second half so was more quiet but overall had a good game.

The clean sheet tells you a lot about just how "quiet" he was in the second half! An effective part of the defensive shield in front of the CBs. I think Ian''s "quiet" must be meant in an attacking sense. He certainly isn''t the defensive liability some on here like to make out.

[quote user="lharman7"]tired wrote the following post at 28/01/2018 7:53 AM:

Didn''t see the match, how did our Bosnian boy do against Brentford?

Played rather well, especially first half. He worked hard and his range of passing was very good. Was bypassed alot in the second half so was more quiet but overall had a good game.[/quote]

It’s Vrancic all over. Neat and tidy on the ball, with a great range of passing. But poor when not in possession, easy to run past, and seems to struggle late on, fitness?

There’s some on here (not yourself) that are so desperate for him to be a super star they actually believe he is, and furiously defend him no matter what. He played well first half yesterday, but the second half he was anonymous, and barely effected the game.

Vrancic had a very good game. Couldn''t use his range of passing in the second half as we had limited posession but made almost as many interceptions as Tettey.

If he offered nothing in the second half against Brentford as the Madjeski lover above suggests then we wouldn''t have won the game.

[quote user="hogesar"]Vrancic had a very good game. Couldn''t use his range of passing in the second half as we had limited posession but made almost as many interceptions as Tettey.

If he offered nothing in the second half against Brentford as the Madjeski lover above suggests then we wouldn''t have won the game.[/quote]^^This

[quote user="hogesar"]Vrancic had a very good game. Couldn''t use his range of passing in the second half as we had limited posession but made almost as many interceptions as Tettey.

If he offered nothing in the second half against Brentford as the Madjeski lover above suggests then we wouldn''t have won the game.[/quote]Exactly this.I don''t understand why a poor start to the season has convinced so many people that he is no good and never will be. After all, its not exactly unheard of for overseas players to take a bit of time to adapt to the British game, and in the last few weeks Vrancic has been showing huge improvements over those early performances.

Some people were saying weeks and weeks ago that he looked like a quality player who just needed time to settle in and get used to the league.

Well I go to the foot of my stairs, it looks like that might be the case. Pays to make a judgement over a period of months rather than a couple of Saturday afternoons.

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]Some people were saying weeks and weeks ago that he looked like a quality player who just needed time to settle in and get used to the league.

Well I go to the foot of my stairs, it looks like that might be the case. Pays to make a judgement over a period of months rather than a couple of Saturday afternoons.[/quote]

[Y] Well said, hopefully he will carry on bringing people round.

Combine Tettey and Vrancic and we''d have a world class midfielder-or rather we wouldn''t, because they''d be playing for Chelsea or Man City or PSG or Barcelona.

When are some people going to accept the limitations that our club has? And accept our players for what they can do, rather than moaning about what they can''t do?

If they are playing they''re not good enough and the manager has made a mistake. If they are not playing they should be as they are so much better and the manager has made a mistake. It''s a strange thought process.

I wasn''t sold on vrancic in early part of season as he was pretty much a total passenger. Since December though he has been playing at a decent level and showing signs of the player we thought he could be after he lit up preseason. I never wrote him off entirely unlike some as even during the poor games he always showed brief moments of real quality. I do think he needs to toughen up his tackling a bit but on the ball he has exceptional vision and technique - I don''t think we''ll see the best out of him until next season but I do think he will become a quality player for us eventually.