Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Vrancic

Humble pie consumption time.

I''ve been a big critic of his this season but he''s was immense last night and against Bristol City on Saturday.

That is all.

His quality was there for all to see. If the players learn to react as soon as they see him with the ball and start a run, he will find them. He has every bit of quality that Crook used to have imo and is growing into a very important player for us.

Yep, looks really good in this formation and lets us use his range of passing.

Prefer him in there with Tettey who adds more mobility though.

But then Tettey and Trybull looked great against Chelsea, and Reed didn''t exactly play badly last night, did he?

If Vrancic has now got to grips with English football as his last two performances suggest, it''s a good problem for Farke to have and maybe means that we don''t have to wrap Tettey in quite as much cotton wool.

Agree with the comment about the formation helping him. He''s obviously worked on his game and did quite well last night. Hopefully more of the same going forwards, big boots to fill following the loss of Pritchard

He was never as bad as some made out anyway. He was an easy one to be picked up on though because his style of play isn''t running around like a headless chicken and sliding all over the place.

Tbf I think most acknowledged he had obvious talent. I stand by my earlier criticism of him (particularly when played as one of the 3 in the 4-2-3-1) but I''m pleased to see we seem to have found a way to harness his obvious strengths without unbalancing the team.

Absolutely king canary. I think he was rightly criticised earlier in the season as he was dreadful and our record when he started was pretty poor, and particularly frustrated me as it was often at the expense of a much better performing player.

What I''m accepting I was wrong about was that we should never have signed him. There is clearly a top player in there and he is starting to show it. Hopefully it can continue.

The three at the back suits Vrancic a lot more, less need for him to get back into position quickly as there is more cover behind him.

Played well, despite looking visibly sick at times - really thought he was going to throw up behind the advertising boards at one point.

You what !!

He is absolute sh.te, one of the worst midfielders lve seen play for NCFC. So slow, gives ball away, dosnt track back, shoots on target once every 4 games. You obviously dont understand football. Give me Wes anyday!

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]You what !!

He is absolute sh.te, one of the worst midfielders lve seen play for NCFC. So slow, gives ball away, dosnt track back, shoots on target once every 4 games. You obviously dont understand football. Give me Wes anyday![/quote]Maybe that''s you, pal.

He is absolute sh.te, one of the worst midfielders lve seen play for NCFC. So slow, gives ball away, dosnt track back, shoots on target once every 4 games. You obviously dont understand football. Give me Wes anyday![/quote]

Saying someone doesnt know anything about football and then comparing Wes to Vrancic is quite funny to be fair! Wes is an attacking midfielder, Vrancic is clearly a deep lying playmaker who has a fantastic range of passing when he gets on the ball, can put a tackle in as we saw last night and is improving game on game. If you think Vrancic is the worst midfielder we''ve had you clearly never watch Julian Brellier or Antoine Sibierski!

[quote user="hogesar"]He was never as bad as some made out anyway. He was an easy one to be picked up on though because his style of play isn''t running around like a headless chicken and sliding all over the place.[/quote]my thoughts as wellI think he struggled with the tippity tap that we we using (too much)we are now evolving into a much more direct and fast break play, where his longer and more accurate passing is better suitedit helps that Oliveira is pulling defenders all over the place by playing a ''free'' role up front, so leaving gaps in the opponents defencewe must now await the development of Steiperman

ps Ivor Sprinto is a joy to watch, like a modern day Foggo... knock the ball past the opponent and beat him for pace, watch how many times there are two defenders trying to stop/cover him

Wes has been a brilliant player for us but trying to trick your way past 3 players on the edge of your own box isn’t a great idea.

I dont mind him but he is better against the better teams if that makes sense.

The more scrappy spoiling teams dont give him the space and time on the ball.

He is absolute sh.te, one of the worst midfielders lve seen play for NCFC. So slow, gives ball away, dosnt track back, shoots on target once every 4 games. You obviously dont understand football. Give me Wes anyday![/quote]

lol suggest you check his pass completion ratio from last night and Saturday. For somebody playing in his position his shot ratio that you quote if correct is not bad. Also check last night his tackles made think you will find that was quite high as well ?

Some people need to calm down a little.

Vrancic in the first 30 minutes was completely bypassed, as was reed. Vrancic got on the ball and looked better for a 15 minute spell either side of halftime, then from 60-70 minute onward he looked knackered and was bypassed with ease again.

Some fans are so easily fooled. Its not always about what you do on the ball. He constantly loses 50/50s and struggles to pick up loose balls due to his slow reaction... he’s a pretty player on the ball and passses very well. But generally, he’s effective on the team isn’t a positive one. He’s too lightweight, too slow, can’t tackle and has questionable fitness.

Reed was the better player last night, and much more effective.

He''s showing signs of getting to grips with the English game.

Was always obvious he has talent and can pick a good pass but he was too ineffective in games for long periods and not physical enough.

I actually thought he was poor for the first 20 minutes last night. he and Reed did not have a grip of the midfield and on a few occasions players just ghosted past him far too easily but then from about 25 minutes onwards i thought he played extremely well, kept the ball well and produced his usual two or three lovely passes to create opportunities.

What''s to debate? You watched the game and felt Reed was better than Vrancic and that Vrancic was poor other than a 30 minute window in the middle of the match.

Even if I was the world''s greatest debater, your opinion won''t change based on a few posts on the PinkUn message board, will it?

If you make comments like "some fans are so easily fooled" you can''t get your knickers in a twist when someone opts to not debate you and instead responds sardonically.

If you want some evidence to knock down your opinion, it can only be anecdotal, then I could point out that the people over at Read Norwich must be included in your easily fooled category, as they gave Vrancic a 9 out of 10 and the supposedly superior Reed an 8.

Likewise, when compiling a shortlist for who should be player of the match, the Archant journalists felt Vrancic was worthy of being one of the five contenders.

Lots of people are easily fooled according to you chap.

Of course, it might just be that Vrancic had a good game last night and the back of a good game on Saturday.

Vrancic has to be THE slowest footballer ever to wear a Norwich shirt. I have never seen a footballer beaten so easily by an opposing player with a ball at their feet.

He played some decent passes from time to time, but their were long periods of the game that just passed him by.

Wearing green football boots is seriously not a good idea because he stands out a mile, and for the most part it is not a pretty sight.