Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Pritchard

................whether it’s Todd Cantwell, Marco Stiepermann or another who steps into his place, that is the one element Norwich must maintain – regardless of the new quality gap.

Yeh right Mr Bailey! Stiepermann has always reminded me of a purrfect substitute for Pritchard! What a joke.

NCFC in terminal decline....good old Delia, we continue to reap the rich harvest she has sown BUT .....don''t forget she saved us all those years ago THANK YOU,THANK YOU Delia xx

Stiepermann has been playing out of position at left back. I forget which game it was but he did come on as sub through the middle (which is his actual position) earlier in the season and actually looked half decent. 
He''s certainly better and far more physical than Vrancic. With Pritch gone, and Trybull out, I hope we see Marco starting today with Tettey and Madders. 
He''s not as good as Pritchard, but very few players in this league are. 
He deserves a few games playing in his actual position before we judge him.

[quote user="Derby Canary"]................whether it’s Todd Cantwell, Marco Stiepermann or another who steps into his place, that is the one element Norwich must maintain – regardless of the new quality gap.

Yeh right Mr Bailey! Stiepermann has always reminded me of a purrfect substitute for Pritchard! What a joke.

NCFC in terminal decline....good old Delia, we continue to reap the rich harvest she has sown BUT .....don''t forget she saved us all those years ago THANK YOU,THANK YOU Delia xx[/quote]

Oh forgot to mention, please now save us once again by commencing retirement along with other family members and take the other misfits from the Board/management and let this Club begin the long process of reestablishing itself to the level we all know it belongs!

I think it was David Freezer who said it replacing Pritchard wasn’t that important as we have a lot of players in that position.

The list he gave included Maddison (will not be here next season), Hoolahan (can’t play every game) and Vrancic (less said the better)...

The point that Farke seems to dismiss is that it is only as it is because HIS teams have consistently underperformed with the result that our better players want away. This BOARD, this MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE are solely responsible for the gradual destruction/asset strip of our Club. If getting rid of BRADY, HOWSON, MURPHY and now PRITCHARD is the sign of success then Webber is a genius!

[quote user="Derby Canary"]The point that Farke seems to dismiss is that it is only as it is because HIS teams have consistently underperformed with the result that our better players want away. This BOARD, this MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE are solely responsible for the gradual destruction/asset strip of our Club. If getting rid of BRADY, HOWSON, MURPHY and now PRITCHARD is the sign of success then Webber is a genius![/quote]shut up, binner !

If by some miracle we can keep hold of both Murphy and Maddison, get Thompson back to where he was, our youngsters At Shrewsbury back in tha5 form we don’t look too bad with a couple decent additions upon the summer.

If we lose Tettey, Naismith, Jarvis, Klose, Wilds, Martin, McGovern and Wes next summer and build on:

Gunn, Mathews Pinot, Zimmerman, Raggett, Hanley, Godfrey, Toffolo, Lewis, Husband, Varncic, Thompso, Murphy, Maddison, Trybull, (hopefully with developers Cantwell & Phillips) and I’d even look to bring through Fonkeu and buy a few youngsters.

But that has the making of a solid championship squad, hopefully the right addition with hunger and the removal of the negative likes of Naismith, Jarvis and Oliveira might just help build a United squad next season.

[quote user="Indy"]If by some miracle we can keep hold of both Murphy and Maddison, get Thompson back to where he was, our youngsters At Shrewsbury back in tha5 form we don’t look too bad with a couple decent additions upon the summer.

If we lose Tettey, Naismith, Jarvis, Klose, Wilds, Martin, McGovern and Wes next summer and build on:

Gunn, Mathews Pinot, Zimmerman, Raggett, Hanley, Godfrey, Toffolo, Lewis, Husband, Varncic, Thompso, Murphy, Maddison, Trybull, (hopefully with developers Cantwell & Phillips) and I’d even look to bring through Fonkeu and buy a few youngsters.

But that has the making of a solid championship squad, hopefully the right addition with hunger and the removal of the negative likes of Naismith, Jarvis and Oliveira might just help build a United squad next season.[/quote]I think that is the idea.It was always going to be the case that the squad would have to meet the budget availableHow much have Zimmerman, Lewis, Trybull, Raggett cost ?Whereas n the PL we had to buy players who would ''hit the ground running'' we are now able to take a longer viewFans should take a look round the Championship to see how many former PL clubs have not bounced back. We appear to have taken the necessary action before it is almost too late

Ever wanting to be the optimist, and having gone through some very lengthy lay-offs through injury myself, I do sympathise with Louis Thompson; I do think however it might be time to stop speaking of him as a long-term prospect for us.

He has effectively been out injured since November 2016 and there''s only so much you can do to maintain a professional state of athleticism in that time. He''s only beaten in that length by Matt Jarvis by a few months.

Gunn wont be here next year.

Maddison wont be here next year.

Toffolo wont be kept on.

Cantwell & Fonkeu aren''t ready and will need a loan like Godfrey has.

Webber said he reckoned it would take 4 transfer windows to put us right. This is his second.
We cleared an awful lot of deadwood in the summer, and are getting rid of some more at the moment (which you have say fair play to Naismith and Russ wanting to get out on loan rather than sit on their ar5e like Lafferty).
Not every player we are going to buy will be brilliant, we can''t afford that so we are going to end up with some stop-gap players whilst we rebuild. Sometimes that will be due to money, sometimes the right player won''t be available at the right time etc etc. You can''t get rid of the amount of players we have and expect everyone to bring in to be an upgrade, it''s not feasible. Unfortunately, not every player will work out either, sometimes it just doesn''t for whatever reason (Franke for example).
Players like Vrancic are stop-gap players until the right one comes available. Husband was never seen as first choice - but he is LB cover (albeit he''s pretty poor even for cover imo) because Farke and Webber had seen Jamal Lewis in pre-season and in hindsight, I can see why they went for someone like Husband (who is well used to benchwarming) instead of spending more money to bring in a quality player like Mitchell Dijks. 
We''re going to have to be patient with this project. If you look at the bigger picture, I do actually think Webber knows what he''s doing. We are going to sell Maddison eventually - like I said in another thread, he''s going to Spurs or Liverpool in the summer (incidentally I said that before the recent speculation started) - he really is that good. £20+Million.
In the summer I think you will really start to see the plan unfolding because we''ll have the windfall from Maddison, we''ll have got rid of the vast majority of the big earners so financially we''ll be secure and Webber will have a bit of cash to spend.
I suspect the summer will be another major reshape and this squad we have now is a bit transitional.
Trybull needs to sign his contract, Zimmermann is a hell of a find, Hanley is proven in this division and seems to be finding his feet here. If we can keep Gunn for another season then brilliant but Remi Matthews has been unbelievable out on loan so maybe we roll with him next season. Tettey will likely go, but Godfrey seems to be primed to fill that spot already, Klose will go but Raggett is already here and seems to be a big part of the longer term plan.
If you look at our squad for next season presuming Maddison, Oliviera, Jerome and Klose go, and we get reasonable fees - that''ll put about £30mill in the pot and Tettey will go on a free (which is a shame because he''s such a good character and very competent at this level) so another high earner will go.
                         Gunn/Remi
Pinto     Zimmerman        Hanley/Raggett        Lewis
              Godfrey               Trybull
????                     ??????                Murphy
                            ?????
Presuming we re-sign Trybull, then to be fair we''re not in terrible shape in the summer. OK we won''t have Maddison or Pritch but not many teams in the division have/keep hold of players of that quality. We''ll need 3 starters and then some depth signings to at least be competitive. Sounds like Onel Hernandez may well be coming in this month (wonder if the Yanic loan is to make room for him), so pencil him in for RW potentially. 
I suspect if we get a good bid for Oliveira we will sell, seems like a bit of an ar5ehole and is mercurial as a striker - moments of brilliance, but can be lazy, can be temperamental etc. If he goes, then I guess we will be looking to bring in that Spanish second division guy who is scoring for fun at the moment. Maybe as a bit of a stopgap with a view to upgrading in the summer, maybe they think he is the answer to our striking woes.
I know right now it seems a bit like the sky is falling with the big name (and big wage) players on their way out but Webber brought in players like Kachunga to Huddersfield who is class, Farke got Webber to bring Zimmermann and Trybull in etc etc. We''ll be able to spend some money in the summer. Assuming the Pritchard reports are right and we get at least 20 for Madders (which we bloody well should) we should have a decent enough transfer pot to bring in some depth, and a few decent first team players. 
Like I say, it seems like the sky is falling, but if you look a bit more critically at it, you can see there is a plan there.

Good, sensible post kio. Wouldn''t surprise me if one of our present U23 strikers comes good as well.

This is the route forward for us now. I think it''s the right one.

It all sounds well and good, but if it was so easy to buy players but like that every team would be buying ‘gems’ instead of big names.

On paper it looks ok, but if we have 1 or 2 injuries we are in a huge mess again as there is nothing in terms of depth. We have already seen how many more injuries we have had (Training too much/hard?) and the issues caused.

Football isn’t about the first 11, you need some form of depth to the squad. At the minute we already have little depth on the wings, up front and at right back - that’s before we suddenly get rid of another load of players in the summer

Well, Vrancic is the mad who has got the nod. Let''s see if he can actually turn in a performance...

Pritchard on bench for Huddersfield today

I guess it’s in our interests for Huddersfield/Pritchard to do well if the add ons are worth 3mil or so to us

Lets hope we inserted a decent sell on percentage clause as well. Pritchard could very easily be a 30-40 mill player in a year or two if he stays fit and doers well at Hudders. and if he doesnt, then we did good business after all.

Pritchard is an injury-prone player, Huddersfield will be lucky to get half a season out of him. We did very well to sell him at his peak.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]... and into a relegation scrap.He could have done so much better if he were patient.[/quote]

To be fair, any team from ten downwards in that league is in a relegation scrap every year.  I don''t think we will miss him that much - great win today and we managed a long unbeaten run in the league earlier this season without him.  Would rather have kept him, but life goes on and we have other players.

A great player, but never really much beyond that we were a stepping stone.Others who have joined (inc Maddison) have embraced the club and the fans. Similarly Oliveira doesn''t look like he has taken to the club either.Watch Gunn and it looks like he really takes it personally, he''s a Norwich lad. Maddison when he score at Bristol City, it was stright over to our fans. Similarly Josh and Jamal are ''ours'' - that often makes the difference in attitude and commitment.Good luck to Pritchard, he nevr gave less than 100% here and if h can progress his career the who are we to complainLets see if the new lads can step up

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]Lets hope we inserted a decent sell on percentage clause as well. Pritchard could very easily be a 30-40 mill player in a year or two if he stays fit and doers well at Hudders. and if he doesnt, then we did good business after all.[/quote]GBP 30--40M? You been visiting Blarney Castle wcork? [:D] 

[quote user="Hercules"]A great player, but never really much beyond that we were a stepping stone.Others who have joined (inc Maddison) have embraced the club and the fans. Similarly Oliveira doesn''t look like he has taken to the club either.Watch Gunn and it looks like he really takes it personally, he''s a Norwich lad. Maddison when he score at Bristol City, it was stright over to our fans. Similarly Josh and Jamal are ''ours'' - that often makes the difference in attitude and commitment.Good luck to Pritchard, he nevr gave less than 100% here and if h can progress his career the who are we to complainLets see if the new lads can step up[/quote]

Pritchard didn’t embrace the club and the fans, much like Oliveria, but did always give 100%.

Righto, I see what your saying.

[quote user="Surfer"]Want to come back on loan Alex? We promise not to leave you on our bench....[/quote]Yes, that did seem a strange call by Wagner last night but as the match panned out perhaps not. It sounds as though the plan was to retreat behind the halfway line and hope for a point so a creative player would have been a luxury.According to the BBC stats it was 25% / 75% possession and Huddersfield managed just one shot which was somehow on target.

I watched it, the way the game panned out probably didn''t help his chances, it was crying for someone like Pritchard to help Huddersfield actually build some attacks. Took until the 75th minute for them to actually start having a go at Liverpool.

I''m sure he''ll make a difference in some games, I would imagine he''ll play against Man Utd.

Watching them reminded me a bit of us under Hughton in the Prem. Clearly set up to not lose. Had a Hudds fan with me, he wasn''t best pleased.

It can only be good news for us that Pritchard is confined to the bench and is relegated, as it shows Maddison what could be in store for him if he moves clubs too early. It''s clearly best for Maddison''s development that he remains at Carrow Road for at least another season rather than facing the regular frustration of sitting on a Premier League bench.