Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Maddison to be sold before window shuts

[quote user="lincoln canary and Golden Coppel"][quote user="City 2nd"]What’re many of you seem to be forgetting is that Pritchard wanted to try his luck in the Premiership![/quote]

So does Maddison![/quote]
When did he tell you that Lincoln?
I''d imagine his new contract in the summer was signed with a gentleman''s agreement that if a top club came in for him we wouldn''t stand in his way. Can''t see him wanting to move from being the star in a respected Championship team to warming the bench at West Ham waiting for Joao Mario to get injured, or embracing a relegation battle with Swansea.
He will inevitably move sooner or later, but I''m not in the slightest bit concerned about him moving to one of the Prem''s lesser lights. It''s better for his career to be with us than it is to make that kind of a move. He has time on his side so I can''t see him demanding a move to one of the smaller Prem clubs - Pritchard was starting to feel the pressure of never having tested himself at the top level as he comes into his prime - Madders has his whole career ahead of him.

"When did he tell you that Lincoln?"

The same time Pritchard told everyone he wanted to leave and play in the Premiership.

I''m merely making the point that justifying the clubs decision to sell Pritchard by reasoning that he wanted to leave is stupid.

Every Norwich player will want to leave when a bid is accepted from a Premier League club.

Unfortunately it is what it is now, you cannot keep players against their will as they just force their way out anyway. Look at Coutinho, Van Djik etc. etc. No keeping a player in this age now once their head has been turned. It is sad really, but contracts basically mean nothing these days.

Fulham are owned by a guy who is worth $7.4 billion, he owns a f*cking yacht that is worth at least 3 times more than Delia, trying to suggest we can compete or match with them in terms of player retention is nonsense.

[quote user="Ginja"]Fulham are owned by a guy who is worth $7.4 billion, he owns a f*cking yacht that is worth at least 3 times more than Delia, trying to suggest we can compete or match with them in terms of player retention is nonsense.[/quote]
Nobody did say that though did they? I said we should give other clubs short shrift in this window, similar to what Fulham have done with Cairney and look to sell Madders in the summer, ideally with a year loan back.
Not sure why you''re getting so irate about a comment you have imagined.
In other news - West Ham in for Schneiderlin, Klopp says Liverpool won''t replace Coutinho this window... 

I would imagine Maddison will go as soon as a large enough bid from a Premier League team rolls in.

I don''t think he''d turn down a WBA/Huddersfield/West Ham sized team. From watching Maddison I don''t think he is good enough for a top 6 team. The big clubs have all come and had a good, long look at him, and none of them are going to go ahead with a bid.

No way Norwich would get him on a season long loan back next summer, Maddison will be turning 22 and clubs will feel if he can''t step up to the Premier League straight away he won''t be worth the money they have to pay for him.

[quote user="Ginja"]Fulham are owned by a guy who is worth $7.4 billion, he owns a f*cking yacht that is worth at least 3 times more than Delia, trying to suggest we can compete or match with them in terms of player retention is nonsense.[/quote]

Haha, my friend is currently working on that very yacht off the coast of Florida.

I am sure that as soon as someone shows up with enough money that the board sees $ in their eyes the usual media line will be trotted out "the player wanted to leave" and off he''ll go, regardless of whether the player wants to or not. 

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I would imagine Maddison will go as soon as a large enough bid from a Premier League team rolls in.

I don''t think he''d turn down a WBA/Huddersfield/West Ham sized team. From watching Maddison I don''t think he is good enough for a top 6 team. The big clubs have all come and had a good, long look at him, and none of them are going to go ahead with a bid.

No way Norwich would get him on a season long loan back next summer, Maddison will be turning 22 and clubs will feel if he can''t step up to the Premier League straight away he won''t be worth the money they have to pay for him.[/quote]

I think he would turn down Huddersfield, at least I hope he would. he could do considerably better than that and would be selling himself short. Lets see how that one works out for Pritchard!

The thing is that the Prem really comes down to 6 clubs fighting for the top 4 and the other 14 other clubs fighting to avoid the bottom 3.

And it''s unlikely Maddison is going to any of the big 6.

I disagree. i think he will have top 6 options open to him if he continues to play/improve as he has been. Possibly not this week (if we get a bid this week it will be from one of the weaker prem teams trying to steal a marchand perhaps offering over the odds) but in the summer I could see the likes of Spurs or Arsenal being interested.

I''ve said it all Jan, he won''t be going in this window. The reason why is that teams will not see him as an instant fix, but a future project. He''s no good for teams like Huddersfield as he isn''t a seasoned player, but in the summer when teams have time to assess and work on things I would imagine a Prem side will come in for him and hope he''s sensible enough to hold out for a top club. A ball playing team like Spurs or Arsenal is a good shout Jim, wherever he ends up, I hope for him it is a top club.

Barring a late season serious injury that would keep him out until October it is almost certain Maddison will be at a prem club next season.

As that is unlikely to be us, any late large offer (£16-17m+) now will be hard to turn away whoever it is from. His value is not likely to increase that much by the summer as his profile won''t get much higher.

I agree with the view that he is unlikely to be at a top 6 club; spurs and liverpool have been tracking him since he was at coventry so they are fully aware of his weaknesses as well as his strengths

I do suspect he will still be here come thursday as no one has yet shown a real interest although clearly things can move fast.

We simply have to enjoy him while he is here and see where the summer takes us.

[quote user="Mike "]Without Maddison this season we would have been 18th and 3 points off relegation.[/quote]

Of course we wouldnt, you are assuming that any player who would have played in Maddisons position instead of him would have made zero contribution which is unlikely in the extreme.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]In light of Webber confirming we''re done, just going to bump this thread [:P][/quote]
Where has he done this?

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Icecream Snow"]In light of Webber confirming we''re done, just going to bump this thread [:P][/quote]
Where has he done this?
[/quote][url]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-confirm-transfer-window-business-is-over-1-5377555[/url]

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Icecream Snow"]In light of Webber confirming we''re done, just going to bump this thread [:P][/quote]
Where has he done this?
[/quote][url]http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/canaries-confirm-transfer-window-business-is-over-1-5377555[/url][/quote]
Cheers [Y]

Are we likely to see these "quality" signings anytime soon?

Of course we won at Brentford but haven''t these guys been brought in as an improvement?

Just wait for the great sages who started this thread - Maddison to go in May etc

Glad all over, happily clapping.

Well Scotty, Lincoln and Baboon your negativity will be correct eventually as if you start a new thread now Maddison will be sold in the summer you may or may not be correct, but if he is I bet you will be telling us you told us so.

Just like a clock that does not work you will be correct twice a day garunteed.

I shall enjoy watching the young man for the rest of the season, what a decent bloke he seems to be👍

[quote user="Van wink"]I shall enjoy watching the young man for the rest of the season, what a decent bloke he seems to be👍[/quote]

Spot on, I think Farke said the other day enjoy this special talent. We all know in our hearts that he is that good that he will finish up at a top club, at that point I wish him well.

The one hope I have is that he does not get injured destroying the future this great young player has.

You never know, he might have a nice little dip in form if we are to fall short this season... just enough to put the prem clubs off for a summer!

[quote user="Well b back"]Well Scotty, Lincoln and Baboon your negativity will be correct eventually as if you start a new thread now Maddison will be sold in the summer you may or may not be correct, but if he is I bet you will be telling us you told us so.

Just like a clock that does not work you will be correct twice a day garunteed.[/quote]Are you really surprised that the same faces were on this thread making this claim, as they have been on so many other threads with similar views attacking the club ?iron stan, derby canary, highland canary.......''by their words ye shall know them''