Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Maddison to be sold before window shuts

Depends how the £20m is spent.

If we end up with 2-3 "new Maddisons", it''ll be a good transaction - both from a financial and sporting perspective.

[quote user="Mike "]"if a big club comes in for him we should not hold him back"

"hope he is here until end of season and we get serious money for him"

Can I just say that I will not be happy to see him go after less than 50 games for us and getting £20m does not make me happy either... I think a lot of you need to be following the stock exchange not a football club....[/quote]

Completely agree Mike.

Fans should be more concerned with putting pressure on the club to keep hold of talented players where possible, and therefore enjoy watching them play in yellow and green.

Its strange. When its the flipped the other way, for example like the Huckerby loan situation, Fans are desperate to get the player into the club. But when we have the player and we''re talking of a sale, fans quickly accept that if the fee is deemed sufficient, we should sell. Like the Pritchard situation, and now currently with Jerome.

It will be spent keeping the club a float after the appalling stewardship of our owners. It will not be spent on the team.

Why would the club sell Maddison when we have him until 2021 when his price is only going to increase the longer we hang on to him.Wages aren''t a problem surly.Don''t agree on this one, slap 50 million on him in the mean time.Delia Out.

@mellowyellow,

This is what I was thinking i.e. is Edwards coming to us this window all part of the bigger picture?

Let''s face it, he came to us from Coventry as part of a stepping stone... I'' m afraid it''s inevitable he will move on

Blimey the binners are out in force on this one... unsurprisingly.Players do have a say on what club they play for. As stated previously, if we try to force a player to stay then it will not bode well for signing other players.Football has always been about players moving to suit their abilities (and pocket).Stamping your little feet in anger or pretending to be a City supporter will not change a jot.... neither here or at your grubby little club at poorman road.So stop whingeing

Maddison strikes me as hard-working and professional, but if we refuse him a chance to move to Spurs, or wherever, would we then get the best from him? If the money is enough, take it and reinvest.

Some people just seem to see things with NCFC specs on, which isn''t necessarily a bad thing.

Ultimately, it is obvious that Maddison will move at some point, the question is just a matter of when - and these days this would be true if we were in the PL. as much as with us in the Championship.

There are pluses to bagging money now whilst keeping the player back on loan, tbh the difference between this and keeping him to sell on in the summer is marginal - he could get injured and miss a spell or lose form (remember he''s in his first full season at this level).

I did wonder if we might have given spurs first refusal via the loan of Edwards, but maybe not.

Maybe it''s not long before our ''Marshall Maddison'' mounts his white and black patch stallion, digs his ''spurs'' in, waves his Stetson at the Carrow an'' Colney Corrals.......before galloping off southwards - to the White Hart Ranch.......

[quote user="Dorset Canary"]@mellowyellow,

This is what I was thinking i.e. is Edwards coming to us this window all part of the bigger picture?

Let''s face it, he came to us from Coventry as part of a stepping stone... I'' m afraid it''s inevitable he will move on[/quote]

Like Leicester with Marez we could quite easily keep hold of him as he is on a long term contract. We sell because we need the money or the contract was not sufficiently robust. Either way a decent board keeps our best player and builds a team around him for next year at least

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Maddison strikes me as hard-working and professional, but if we refuse him a chance to move to Spurs, or wherever, would we then get the best from him? If the money is enough, take it and reinvest.[/quote]

Invest? Sorry but show me one example of selling our best players that has led to investment. Does not happen. It will go towards keeping the bank balance at zero. Evans does it for them, we sell players (and yes I know ithey are in debt but to Evan so ultimatley he bank rolls them each year.... Delia won''t)

I think a sale and loan-back is pretty likely, like we did with Coventry. A Prem club might want to strike now before interest in him escalates and puts him out of their range or they lose him to a competitor, but they may not feel he is ready to make an impact at first team Premiership level. Watching Prem clubs are likely to consider that a further game time at championship level would be the best thing for his development. They will also see that we are jetissoning players so will feel now is the time to strike.

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see an upper half Prem team come in for him but loan him back to us, especially as we''re light now minus Pritchard.

Im not sure any lower half team would see him as the man to make a first-team impact the way Huddersfield looked at Pritchard.

Wolves have the money. I wouldnt be surprised if they thought about it. Would certainly aid their current bid and be a first team player for them and they would likely consider him ready to contribute in the Prem by August

[quote user="Mike "][quote user="Nuff Said"]Maddison strikes me as hard-working and professional, but if we refuse him a chance to move to Spurs, or wherever, would we then get the best from him? If the money is enough, take it and reinvest.[/quote]

Invest? Sorry but show me one example of selling our best players that has led to investment. Does not happen. It will go towards keeping the bank balance at zero. Evans does it for them, we sell players (and yes I know ithey are in debt but to Evan so ultimatley he bank rolls them each year.... Delia won''t)[/quote]
Eh? Irrelevant because those down the road have also sold any half decent player they''ve had under Evans ownership (Mings....uhh.....they''ve not had many).

I still don''t think he''s Prem ready, he won''t be going anywhere this window (unless for utterly stupid money). I remain very confident of that.

The summer, however, is a different story. Finish strongly (with the [slim] possibility of a late play-offs charge) and we might be able to convince him to stay

He''s probably the best young player we''ve had since Eadie or Bellamy and it''s an absolute joy to watch him in yellow and green.

But, if we were to get anywhere near £18m for him then I think we''d be best to take it. That kind of money, properly reinvested in the team, would really make a difference.

I wonder if Leitner was brought in now to bed in for next year and Maddison''s departure? He is a number 10 isn''t he?

As a fan, I don’t care if it’s £50m. I never want to see him leave. Especially not before giving next season a right good go.

Seems stupid not to simply say it''s going to take a bid in excess of £20m before we even consider selling. Anything less "get lost" to make it crystal clear

That will get rid of the hopefuls and only the serious ones will consider it.

He''s a talent we have to play hard ball. Think we''ll keep him until summer, but would be a shame (but inevitable) to lose such a great talent

You''d rather keep him than have 6 £8m players in the team? I certainly wouldn''t.

Such a shame that time is not on our side with him. The only way he will be here next season is if we make a late push and somehow get promoted. If we could continue to build this team around him, you’d have to fancy us next season