Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Maddison to be sold before window shuts

And a bigger bid, and more clubs will be interested in Summer.

Him playing well for us remainder of season will only increase his value

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Not really negative though, we know if a big bid comes in he will go. It’s not the most outrageous statement.[/quote]

It''s a statement designed to bring us all down after a terrific afternoon performance.  Sh*t stirring at it''s worst.

I believe I was the first to guess his value if and when sold this season . Estimated 20 M but that would be a steal right now .

I really hope the board hold their nerve and let the big 6 have a bidding war . This lad will not end up at Southgampton,Newcastle or Huddersfield .

Hopefully it will be near that figure Midlands... I fear it will be this window but loaned to us for remainder of season.

Hopefully all our dreams will come true and he''ll still be in green n yellow next season!

Maybe he will but for now all I can say is sod off! I’m just going to have a night enjoying the fact my team played well and won!

If I was the Wolves recruiters and was seriously interested in Madders I''d bid £20-25 million now in the hope that we would take it. If it goes to the summer I''d expect bigger clubs to be circling.

The only way I see him playing for us next season is if:

1. We get into and win the play offs

2. A top club sign him and loan him back to us for a season.

To make the play offs suddenly seems possible in terms of points and games to play. However we would need 7 teams above us to earn at least 7 points less than us over the rest of the season and none of the teams just below us to go on a run. This still seems unlikely however we did it when Martin O''Neil joined us as in the mid 80s and recently under Alex Neill.

If the BOD have half a brain they''ll realise he''s a £25m plus player,Did you see how hard he hit that ball today with his weaker foot? Jesus Christ.

He won’t leave in this window. He was playing in Scotland last season is still proving his value. In the summer maybe but would be going to a top 6 team for top money.

Pritchard sold himself short signing for Huddersfield I get why he did it but he’s not as good as Maddison.

[quote user="xymox"]He won’t leave in this window. He was playing in Scotland last season is still proving his value. In the summer maybe but would be going to a top 6 team for top money.

Pritchard sold himself short signing for Huddersfield I get why he did it but he’s not as good as Maddison.[/quote]

Have to disagree there. On current ability Pritchard is the better player, not by much mind.

Pritch will be winning the plaudits soon in the Prem. Maddison can be better if he carries on. That’s why he shouldn’t seek a move to the premiership this month, and risk sitting on the bench.

I just hope that we can pull off a miracle and get our selves into the play off mix and go on to win them. It’s the only chance we have of keeping him here after this season. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Keith, you''re losing your touch mate. 1/10 for effort.

Maddison is only a few weeks past his 21st birthday, yet looks like an incredibly assured and talented player. Sometimes I forget just how young he is in footballing terms.

He''s young, British, extraordinarily talented, but clearly needs to be playing regular football to continue his development. I simply cannot see the club letting him go for anything less than an astronomical figure (20m+, with a substantial sell on clause).

Lincoln

We will see would like AP to do well but at the same time would be very happy to see Huddersfield relegated. Not that I’m bitter at all :)

The acid test will be if one of the lesser premier league clubs or Wolves test our mettle in this window with a high bid. They may try because they will know that if they leave it to the summer the big boys will be in for him so the only chance they have is to try and steal a march by making a huge bid now.

This is just one of ''those'' threads - if Maddison goes it will be "I told you so" and if he doesn''t the thread will be long gone and forgotten. It really is a complete waste of time as the rest of us can''t win.

As things stand, fwiw I think it''s 80:20 that he''ll still be with us at the end of the window - he''s several years younger than Pritchard but seems to have a sensible outlook…he knows he will be in the PL soon enough, it might be worth waiting for one of the bigger guys.

No chance, not with Delia in charge. She knows what a great chance we have of play offs this season. Also it will be impossible for us to be out of top 2 next season with this team.

I think we''ve been here beforemanymany manytimes

no Reeves, no fans, no future.I wonder how many remember that one.

Keith, what''s you''re view on Oliviera now? Not quite the best forward in the Championship or whatever it was you claimed.

Fast turning into the next Deli Ali, very good all round midfielder with the knack of scoring goals.

Has to be 20 million +. Pretty sure if he does go it’ll be to Liverpool with a loan back for th3 rest of the season.

If he goes, every player has his price, but hopefully he’s enjoying playing under Farke and will stay here for near future.

If there''s any sense at the Club, then the Pritchard sale has secured the immediate financial problems( the 7M overdraft we may not now need), once the money side is safe, surely you then concentrate on the football side, and Mads is essential to that for this season at least.The Pritchard money means we can say no to offers for JM. Its not rocket science, just prudence ,for now,with ambition for the future.I do not believe our BoDs are fools, sometimes there has to be a sacrificial lamb, in this case it was Pritchard, one of our most saleable assests but not our Most.

Ricardo said

think we''ve been here before

many

many

many

times

no Reeves, no fans, no future.

I wonder how many remember that one.

Our first million pound transfer old boy. However, it still matters that we keep our best players if we can. Doesn''t it?

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Ricardo said

think we''ve been here before

many

many

many

times

no Reeves, no fans, no future.

I wonder how many remember that one.

Our first million pound transfer old boy. However, it still matters that we keep our best players if we can. Doesn''t it?[/quote]It doesbut since we have no control over that it is rather pointless to blah about it.at some stage he will go, that much has been obvious to me since the first time I saw him play.