Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Kenny MacLean

Not a promising link in my book and worrying also in that he''s primarily an attacking midfielder who plays behind the striker so the fact we are looking at buying him not sit well with me in terms of what it means for Maddison.

Also if we were to sell Madders and Pritchard then I think we have a right to demand better quality replacements then this.

We have already loaned Edwards who can also play that position and we have Wes and Cantwell as well.

Please can we be linked with some strikers and a right back where we are absolutely desperate for cover.

If there''s players out there who we fancy in roles we''re looking to fill - even if in the summer - it does no harm in getting them in. Yes, it may be the role Maddison plays but longer term he''s unlikely to be with us. Wes too - like it or not he''s coming to the end of his career.

Just because rumours and links with players come out in a random order doesn''t mean we aren''t looking for players in other positions, these things are ongoing and happening at the same time. We''d be stupid in the extreme if we weren''t looking at strikers.

For those of us that have never heard of him - it doesn''t help when we go to Google and the OP has apparently misspelt his name!

Seems Kenny MacLean is a little known Pop Star . Kenny McLean however plays for Aberdeen.

If , and I doubt it very much, he is the replacement for Madisson , I am so underwhelmed I might go back to bed.

Don''t know him, but he seems to be a mainstay for Aberdeen which have been the 2nd best team in Scotland for a number of year under Derek McInnes. Maddison would have played with him so maybe Farke/Webber have sought some advice. Prob not the greatest signing, but we just need to see how it pans out. Big names are not a coming.

[quote user="deltic31"]Totally underwhelmed!

We are not short of midfielders.

We are short of strikers!![/quote]Has the club announced that it is not going to sign any strikers, or that is even going to sign this chap ?

I don''t have any agenda, but after the effort it took racking my brains to remember John Kennedy, I thought I''d better add him to the list of crap Scottish canaries.

From Wiki"McLean''s favoured position is as a central midfielder, but he can also play as a left midfielder.

He has said that he favours playing in the centre because he can get

more of the ball and influence play more than when he is on the left. He

is a naturally attacking player and when playing in the centre he makes

runs to and beyond the striker which adds an extra dimension to his

team''s play.[46]

Former Scotland international, and McLean''s teammate at St Mirren, Gary Teale has compared him to Barry Ferguson.

Teale said that McLean had shown incredible maturity at such a young

age and that from their first training session together he could see

McLean''s talent. McLean has an excellent first touch and is also very

composed and assured on the ball. McLean also has very high energy, work

rate and athleticism which enable him to make lots of attacking runs.[24] McLean''s manager at St Mirren, Danny Lennon,

said that he thought McLean was an excellent passer and that he could

"open a tin of beans" with his left foot and was also decent with his

right. Lennon also said that McLean was a rare type of Scottish player

because he was always looking for a ''slide-rule'' pass and he was

actually capable of delivering them"

An attacking player with an excellent first touchWould fit in well with how we are developingWe shall have to see, but it does look as if Webber/Farke are losing no time in completely rebuilding the squad.Maybe they sense that the playoffs are not a lost cause

Ken Foggo - albeit via WBA

However we could go on naming Players for some time. I doubt we have even scratched the surface.

The point is will they be any good for us, it matters not where they come from. As we are now fishing in lesser pools our starting reaction is likely to be underwhelmed.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I''ll offer Duncan Forbes, Jim Bone and Tommy Bryceland. For balance...[/quote]Going further back, Matt Crowe, of The Immortals.

If we are as skint as our January flash sale is implying, then we need to be investing what little money we have in positions we need to strengthen. However, if Maddison is gone in this window, then midfield may well be a position we need another player for.

Godfrey looks like he will be a key new addition to the first team next year in that position. But he will be as the natural replacement for Tettey, not madders.

We must have a deal as-good-as complete for a striker... Surely we wouldn''t sell our only backup and proven-championship striker without having someone to come in? Surely...?

To befair, a decent replacement to cover a couple key positions, it’s not just about how much we shell out but what our wage structure is moving forward!

I can see this one more than the loan signing of a striker who can’t score!

Realistically the Scottish league, with the exception of Celtic, is a similar standard to the top end of League 2, maybe weaker clubs in League 1 (or, for comparison, probably the German 3rd division). If there''s a young, hungry player there similar to how Raggett was at Lincoln, I can see the potential and the sense in signing them. But seeing as this guy is 25 and hasn''t really done much exciting in his career to date, I''m really finding it hard to get excited by the prospect - Surely he''s not going to be an upgrade on Naismith who, for all his lack of impact at Carrow Road, does at least have a half decent pedigree and top-flight experience? If we really need a backup attacking mid, why not keep the one we''ve got; If we don''t desperately need one then dont waste money and give one of the youngsters a chance on the bench if needs be.