Sign in to follow this  
Essjayess

Klose to Basel moves closer?

Manuel Akanji the Basel CB is now having a medical at Borussia Dortmund, seemingly on the verge of joining them. This of course means that Basel now have the funds to move on our big Timm. Expect this happen  in next 3 or 4 days tops i think. Will be sad if it happens, has become a favourite with us but i guess its good timing that Raggett  came in when he did.

Just as it’s as important we strengthen in forward areas if we have any aspirations to finish in the playoffs, it’s vitally important we keep hold of our best defenders this window. I think we’ll really miss TK if he leaves now, and that concerns me. Hopefully SR can fill the void should Timm leave, but it’s a big ‘if’ at this stage. We’re heading in the right direction - let’s not jeopardise that now.

Probably another inevitable departure. So sad as he is playing as well as he ever has and has adapted to the championship now. Bottom line we cannot afford his wages and we will be fortunate to break even on the transfer fee but that wont be a first at this club.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Probably another inevitable departure. So sad as he is playing as well as he ever has and has adapted to the championship now. Bottom line we cannot afford his wages and we will be fortunate to break even on the transfer fee but that wont be a first at this club.[/quote]I presume you have the evidence of thatClub accounts etcBearing in mind this comment about Wilschutt"The 26-year-old winger has made just 13 league starts for the Canaries

since joining from Wigan in the same window last year, in a move that

cost closer to £4m than the £7m originally circulated."

Don t know what Klose cost but think we will do well to get our money back if he goes to a Swiss side. I am surprised that a lower PL side do not come in for him given that about 8 clubs are in the relegation mix, we would get our cash back then

I don’t think money has anything to do with it.

Basel are 2nd in the league, he would be playing in the Champions League and put himself right in the view of the Swiss manager in a World Cup year

Can you really criticise him if it’s a move he wants?

I would not criticise big Tim. He is a great character and its a great shame as with Pritchard that we could not be in a healthier state to enable us to enjoy their skills

[quote user="Hercules"][quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Probably another inevitable departure. So sad as he is playing as well as he ever has and has adapted to the championship now. Bottom line we cannot afford his wages and we will be fortunate to break even on the transfer fee but that wont be a first at this club.[/quote]I presume you have the evidence of thatClub accounts etcBearing in mind this comment about Wilschutt"The 26-year-old winger has made just 13 league starts for the Canaries

since joining from Wigan in the same window last year, in a move that

cost closer to £4m than the £7m originally circulated."
[/quote]The higher figure was probably for add-ons if we gained promotion etc.   Perhaps that''s why the club perversely seem very reluctant to aim for promotion this season, due to the potential extra cost.

Surely that wouldn''t be the case Paul. Any extra fee owing to promotion would surely be a small price to pay considering the riches the premier league would bring

[quote user="Coneys Knee"]Surely that wouldn''t be the case Paul. Any extra fee owing to promotion would surely be a small price to pay considering the riches the premier league would bring[/quote]I really don''t think that the club think that way, as I stated earlier before the sale of  Pritchard last week.  My logic was the same as yours, as it would be most normal people.  The club appear to be in a panic over the finances and that has clouded their judgement methinks.  

Maybe we could do a part exchange with them and get their Dutch striker? We need strikers.

[quote user="STFU"]Maybe we could do a part exchange with them and get their Dutch striker? We need strikers.[/quote]I was just about to look who that was[:S]

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="STFU"]Maybe we could do a part exchange with them and get their Dutch striker? We need strikers.[/quote]I was just about to look who that was[:S][/quote]Now that would be funny, ex-city player pining to come back to Norfolk in swap deal......

If the BOD and owners have real aspirations of reaching the play-offs this season, then we have to forget about balancing the books and retain our best players at least until the end of the season. This is our best and probably last chance for the foreseable future.Our defence is so well drilled at the moment and Timm is a vital part of that. It would be daft to sell him.

It doesn''t really matter what we recoup, the money spent on Klose is all accounted for so whatever comes in should bolster the coffers. I don''t think there''s a supporter out there who didn''t think us getting in Hanley, Raggett (and Franke) were in-part to cover Klose''s inevitable departure.

Possibly but now DF has gone back to playing 3 CHs, and rightly so, we need numbers and quality in those positions. Raggett might be one for the future.There''s renewed hope for this season and we need to build on that.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Coneys Knee"]Surely that wouldn''t be the case Paul. Any extra fee owing to promotion would surely be a small price to pay considering the riches the premier league would bring[/quote]I really don''t think that the club think that way, as I stated earlier before the sale of  Pritchard last week.  My logic was the same as yours, as it would be most normal people.  The club appear to be in a panic over the finances and that has clouded their judgement methinks.   [/quote]logic ?dear me

I don''t disagree with that - I meant to add that as Franke has now gone on loan, and with Martin due to depart, we probably do want to keep Klose in this window. With Farke now seeming to get his preferred system to work, it wouldn''t be particularly clever to disrupt it all again.

[quote user="Herman"][quote user="STFU"]Maybe we could do a part exchange with them and get their Dutch striker? We need strikers.[/quote]I was just about to look who that was[:S][/quote]

😉😉😉😉😉

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]It doesn''t really matter what we recoup, the money spent on Klose is all accounted for so whatever comes in should bolster the coffers. I don''t think there''s a supporter out there who didn''t think us getting in Hanley, Raggett (and Franke) were in-part to cover Klose''s inevitable departure.[/quote]Agree with this. Each transfer is different, has a different set of circumstances to it. In Pritchard''s transfer, it was obvious City would only let him move if they made a reasonable profit on what they originally paid for him, because the situation was possible to allow that to happen. We are seemingly looking at the Naismith situation at the other end of the spectrum, likely to make a big loss on the original buy / final sell. I can only guess that Klose will be somewhere in between, probably City will try to get as near as possible to the original buy price, perhaps falling a mill or two under. But like Branston says, on all 3 of these, the original buy fees are all accounted, whereas new sells are additional fees. Add to the fact all 3 guys were no doubt high wage earners. But all this is financial, and very secondary to my thoughts on Klose, the player and the person for NCFC.Trying not to put my personal thoughts on Timm at City in a "past" tense, for me, his time at City has put him up there Malky, Big Dunc and earlier City CBs as a City legend. Not to do solely with how good or bad he was and is on the pitch, plus hes not been our Captain, its the whole package, the social media aspect, hes just the nicest guy, i guess its just his all round demeanour. Dont know him personally, but have an affinity for the guy and the time hes been here with us. I will miss him should he depart, unlike Pritch, and has nothing to do transfer fee price or how good / bad hes been on the pitch.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Manuel Akanji the Basel CB is now having a medical at Borussia Dortmund, seemingly on the verge of joining them. This of course means that Basel now have the funds to move on our big Timm. Expect this happen  in next 3 or 4 days tops i think. Will be sad if it happens, has become a favourite with us but i guess its good timing that Raggett  came in when he did.[/quote]link2.00mins