Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

James Maddison - £25m

His progress will have been noted over the last two or three years, not just on the last two or three games. Imo, he could do with being taken out of the firing line ocasionally perhaps by being subbed sometimes - his dead ball skills are not needed so much when Vrancic is on the field, so there ought to be scope to give him a break from time to time. Also, he has been brilliant this season, but the extra attention at this time of year may not be helping his game.  Two very tough games this week in the spotlight - and he''s not played badly, just ddn;t have quite the impact he sometimes has. He is young and has tome on his side. Will continue to be a great player for us this season imo and then we will see where he ends up.

Agreed. A fantastic player with bags of potential. Has the makings of being a future England international and one of the nations best players. I’ll enjoy watching him for the rest of the season but will be amazed if he’s still here in September. Pochettino could work wonders with him.

[quote user="lake district canary"]His progress will have been noted over the last two or three years, not just on the last two or three games. Imo, he could do with being taken out of the firing line ocasionally perhaps by being subbed sometimes - his dead ball skills are not needed so much when Vrancic is on the field, so there ought to be scope to give him a break from time to time. Also, he has been brilliant this season, but the extra attention at this time of year may not be helping his game.  Two very tough games this week in the spotlight - and he''s not played badly, just ddn;t have quite the impact he sometimes has. He is young and has tome on his side. Will continue to be a great player for us this season imo and then we will see where he ends up.

[/quote]I know you posted this a couple of months back Lakey.  But give him a break and not to worry so much because we have Vrancic!  Seriously??? [^o)]

Looking at what I wrote, I was referring mainly to Vrancic''s ability from free kicks, but I like what Vrancic has to offer in his passing ability too - Maddison certainly has the edge over him this season, but whether he is here next season or not, Vrancic could well be a key player.

Most fouled players per game in the Championship:

3.7 - James Maddison

3.3 - Joe Garner

2.9 - Jack Grealish

2.6 - Sean Maguire

2.5 - Jarrod Bowen

2.3 - Adama Traore

2.3 - Robert Snodgrass

2.3 - Diogo Jota

2.2 - Josh Scowen