Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

James Maddison - £25m

Shame is he should have been playing for us last season instead of being sent out on loan to Aberdeen.He might just have made the difference.

I bet Maddison would be the most motivated player ever to play for us if we told him despite Spurs offering £20m for you and them offering you £50000 per week, the chance to work with a manager proven to develop young talent, Champions league football, learn from the likes of Kane and Ali etc we are not letting you go.

As loyal and nice as he is I would expect him to have a backlash so we no longer have the player we had anyway. No player is unsaleable until you get to the top, Barcelona, Real Madrid or possibly Man City. Even then PSG are destroying that plan.

Reckon he will go to Spurs who will loan him back till the summer, and if the new guy shows his worth we will have an option to sign.

Perhaps we should send our chief negotiator  to Southampton to sniff the "negotiating air " down there.
Apart from the recent outrageous number they were able to secure for van Dijk they have a history of making great profit from their sales.
Examples during the past 3-4 seasons have included:
Luke Shaw 30 MM
Calum Chambers 12 MM ( ??? )
Dejan Lovren 20 MM
Adam Lalanna 25 MM
Seems to me prices have gone up from the time these players were sold. Sometimes, some people have not been schooled in thinking in big number terms and start out with too low of an expectation.

Maddison will secretly be sold in this window, probably Spurs that’s why we got Loan Player. Club know they can’t sell in this window, season tickets will be down to 15 k. Probably 18k at moment.

just imagine what we could do with all that money.........................be one point above the relegation places, as S''oton are

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]
Perhaps we should send our chief negotiator  to Southampton to sniff the "negotiating air " down there.
Apart from the recent outrageous number they were able to secure for van Dijk they have a history of making great profit from their sales.
Luke Shaw 30 MM
Dejan Lovren 20 MM
Adam Lalanna 25 MM
Seems to me prices have gone up from the time these players were sold. Sometimes, some people have not been schooled in thinking in big number terms and start out with too low of an expectation.
[/quote]
I thought I was wrong on the number for Chambers....I believe it was 16 MM. Wow!! If Southampton, e,g., were to lay their hands on Maddison for a sum that''s below that then they potentially set themselves up for another good sized payday in the future. They just realized more than 60 MM profit on van Dijk. I''ve got a long memory and I still not regret the sale of Ron Davies to Southampton for 55,000 pounds. Because Southampton and Norwich were promoted together to the old second level I always tend to benchmark us against them.

[quote user="Hercules"]just imagine what we could do with all that money.........................be one point above the relegation places, as S''oton are[/quote]
Get back into your bed on the EU thread.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]
Luke Shaw 30 MM
Dejan Lovren 20 MM
Adam Lalanna 25 MM
[/quote]Since when did "transfer fee" mean "profit"? Do you really think that, just because Shaw, Chambers and Lallana were graduates of the Saints academy, what they were sold for (reportedly) represents the club''s profit on them? 

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]
Luke Shaw 30 MM
Dejan Lovren 20 MM
Adam Lalanna 25 MM
[/quote]Since when did "transfer fee" mean "profit"? Do you really think that, just because Shaw, Chambers and Lallana were graduates of the Saints academy, what they were sold for (reportedly) represents the club''s profit on them? [/quote]
Do you really think I don''t know the difference between sales and profits? Of course, I will grant that you that I should have stated "Examples of sales during the past 3-4 seasons...." but do you really think that Southampton did not make a great profit on the five examples I cited which, after all, is the essence of the point I was making? Of course you don''t, so stop being small minded just so you can have a little dig.  

Bit of a win-win for the club.

If there is actual serious interest for Maddison then they can sell him for a lot of money.

But if not they can use all this speculation to say "There was strong intetest but we managed to keep this very popular young player at NCFC". Or similar about letting other players go so they can keep the ones they want.

it will be win win if he goes say 20 / 25 mill

i would hope we get a good sell on % as well thats a must really

if he can progress as his next club we could then be in for another big payout i think the sell on is as important as the fee

[quote user="simmo_2"]Maddison will secretly be sold in this window, probably Spurs that’s why we got Loan Player. Club know they can’t sell in this window, season tickets will be down to 15 k. Probably 18k at moment.[/quote]How''s that work ?We''re bound to notice [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Do you really think I don''t know the difference between sales and profits? Of course, I will grant that you that I should have stated "Examples of sales during the past 3-4 seasons...." but do you really think that Southampton did not make a great profit on the five examples I cited which, after all, is the essence of the point I was making? Of course you don''t, so stop being small minded just so you can have a little dig. [/quote] What was suggesting that Stuart Webber needs to "sniff the negotiating air" at Saints other than a small minded dig made even cheaper by failing to point out that, if Maddison were to be sold for 20M, the club would have made a profit of more than 17M -- considerably more than Saints realised on the sale of Chambers and Lovren and, given that both Lallana and Shaw had already proven themselves not just in the EPL but also internationally, by no means out of line with the profit realised on those two players. 

As good as Maddison is and we think he is, Spurs have an abundance of talented youngsters pushing their already crowded midfield.

I’d be suprised if they added Maddison this transfer window, Liverpool on the other hand have been linked and some say they’ve had scouts here for few months watching him.

I’m not sure Maddison will go this January, I doubt he’ll even go in the summer, I think some on here might be pleasantly suprised come the summer.

Maddison is our star player at the moment and I’m certain he will win POTS. However, I feel that he plays a massive part in the team and if we lost him the turnout could be catastrophic. I would only sell him for £40m+ and a 50% sell on clause

Although he’s doing really well for us, I also think too many young star players go to play in higher leagues then ruin their career by finding they get hardly any game time. Therefore I think Maddison should stay with us for now but if he wants to go up a level he should only go to a smaller Premiership team, not Spurs or Liverpool

[quote user="westcoastcanary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]Do you really think I don''t know the difference between sales and profits? Of course, I will grant that you that I should have stated "Examples of sales during the past 3-4 seasons...." but do you really think that Southampton did not make a great profit on the five examples I cited which, after all, is the essence of the point I was making? Of course you don''t, so stop being small minded just so you can have a little dig. [/quote] What was suggesting that Stuart Webber needs to "sniff the negotiating air" at Saints other than a small minded dig made even cheaper by failing to point out that, if Maddison were to be sold for 20M, the club would have made a profit of more than 17M -- considerably more than Saints realised on the sale of Chambers and Lovren and, given that both Lallana and Shaw had already proven themselves not just in the EPL but also internationally, by no means out of line with the profit realised on those two players. [/quote]
Listen to me you little toad, anyone with half a brain ( even that plateau might be a stretch for you ) would know that over the decades Southampton have done a much better job than Norwich City at generating profit from player sales, whether from academy development or acquisition and re-sale. This is not a negative ( or a dig ) against Norwich because most clubs throughout the league would be admirers of the Southampton approach. The evidence is there for anyone that has a knowledge of the subject. It''s an overall perspective. I don''t have to justify my love of Norwich City to the likes of you so wind your neck in.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Is there any need for that level of insult?

This is a debating forum we all have different views.

Horrible.[/quote]Just shows the aim was good Broadstairs [:D]

Now this is interesting

'' Tottenham are expected to beat Arsenal to the signing of Bordeaux''s 20-year-old Brazilian attacking midfielder Malcom. ''

Wonder where that woul leave the Maddison deal ?

Let them chase all the players they want, JM had a decent game on Weds, but not his best, maybe interest in him has cooled a bit after that. Had he iucked away the half chance that he had and his dead balls on the night been better, he would be very hot property right now.

He wasn''t our best player against Chelsea and was easily snuffed out by Sheff Utd today. We''ll either keep him or get nearer £15m. We missed Pritchard a lot more today.