Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Are we rewriting history?

August not yet done and I''m already seeing posters on here claiming ''it was always going to be tough season'' ''promotion was always going to be a big ask'' etc etc.

Sure we underwhelmed last season but we finished 8th. We came into this season with some great attacking players to build around, exciting youngsters poised to break through and some seasoned Championship campaigners. We needed to improve the defence but we should still have been one of the favourites for a top 6 place.

The gradual downgrading of fans expectation is very sad to see.

Folk are having to rewrite history pretty damn quick. No Bennett or Bassong and Preston have conceded just 1 goal all season..

A lot were saying it was going to be a tough season from the start. It was pretty bloody obvious with all the massive changes that patience would be needed. But saying that he''s going to need to sort that frigging defence out quick sharp, get a solid base first. Possession football is the least of our problems and can be worked on later.

Also no Russell Martin...

But I''m a touch confused by the point you''re making here. Is it that we should never have got rid of Neil and it was all the players fault? It''s not like he didn''t have the time of money to replace Bassong and Bennett in his time here.

Or is it that fans who are unhappy with performances now shouldn''t be because they wanted changes? Again, doesn''t really wash for me.

So what is your point?