Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Unknown managers

We did it with Alex Neil ,there were experienced managers names being linked with the job and suddenly Alex Neil was appointed and no one had hardly heard of him ,it worked for one season ,then again this time there were experienced managers out there and farke came from nowhere and no one had heard of him .why do we go for unknown managers is it being done on the cheap

Yes, and the fact that most experienced managers won''t work with a sporting director buying their players for them, as farke has intimated Webber is doing.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]You forgot Gunn and Adams too! Both appointed by the current owners![/quote]Lambert, although well known from his playing days, was relatively untested managing a club of our size. Hughton had just one and a half seasons as a manager under his belt before he got sacked. Worthy had just 2 years management experience at Blackpool. Peter Grant was a complete novice to management. There is a trend I''m noticing.That being said the last time the current owners appointed managers with experience we ended up with Roeder and the Blairnymiester before him. So actually the trend I''m noticing is that our fearless leaders are great at appointing pants managers despite their managerial experience. And I have no confidence in them that they would be able to arrest that trend with their next underwhelming choice of manager for Norwich City.