Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Has their been a worse window in our history?

To be fair not long into Pritchards career here I remember, quite clearly:

"SHOULDDA LET BRRYYYTON ''AV ''IM EES BLUUDY USELESSS"

etc etc.

Now we''re panicking about losing him.

[quote user="hogesar"]To be fair not long into Pritchards career here I remember, quite clearly:

"SHOULDDA LET BRRYYYTON ''AV ''IM EES BLUUDY USELESSS"

etc etc.

Now we''re panicking about losing him.[/quote]

Only by anybody not watching the year Brentford got in the playoffs

He is our best player

To be fair to Lafferty - he is a better left back than Husband, and a better central defender than any we had on the pitch today.

[quote user="FCC"]To be fair to Lafferty - he is a better left back than Husband, and a better central defender than any we had on the pitch today.[/quote][:D]

The roeder era was dire but came gradually after years of stagnation. This window is worse imho. Never have I seen such a poor return. We lose established quality like Ruddy and gain kids and rubbish. Just look so much worse than last season and like we are relegation candidates already,

Look at the goals against. That spells only one story and it ends in league one.

Well there is a week left... got a chance to rectify it. if we don''t use that time then I''ve completely lost all faith in our regime, pointless to even spend the energy following this farce.

Tend to agree - they ain''t cheap because they''re young - they''re cheap because they''re not very good.

Depends how pedantic we are being King, does it have to literally be word for word or can it generally be saying he''s not good enough for us / not worth the money / no better than we already have / one gooe season at brentford.

Because theyre all posts ive responded too in the past but strangely enough, dont know what you do with your Saturday nights but mine wont be trawling through old posts on here.

What''s worse about this is we''ve done it to ourselves. Chucked in the towel early and bought a load of cheap rubbish thus accelerating our decline.

So you can''t. Fair enough.

There is a little ''search'' box on the forum though- doesn''t take too much to put ''Pritchard useless'' into it though.

Can we please have a defense?

Every other Championship club seems competent in this area. Some worse than others.

Norwich City currently has the worst in the league.

It is a non-league defense that cannot even do the basics.

How can highly paid individuals with an impressive display of coaching badges and vast experience in the professional game not see what us laymen have long since seen as obvious.

There is no point in hoping that the German dream will end with success with such weakness at the back end of the team.

Franke will never be good enough. Zimmerman might. The admirable Russell Martin is well past his somewhat limited usefulness. Our ''keeper is a rookie and it shows.

Who on earth scouted the hapless Husband and thought he was worth the fee?

Surely it''s not that difficult to get a half decent bunch of Championship defenders together, even Nigel Clough at Burton manages that with limited funds.

I''m not even sure that Farke realises the problem. The exclusion of Tettey today seems to suggest that, and managed to confounded all us laymen.

With the class of players we have in midfield and attack a team with a competent defense behind them should do very well this season.

Incompetence at the top has meant that some are now talking about a relegation battle.

Personally, I cannot recall a more fragile defense in all the time I have supported the club. The current set-up makes Hughton look like a genius. He was operating against Premier League attacks after all.

£10 million needs to be spent on this defence before the window closes to give us any chance of a successful season. If we''re going with what we have, then this is a relegation battle.