Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

4-2-3-1

I think we are crying out for a return to Alex Neils preferred formation, with Tettey and Reed holding.

Makes perfect sense to me as Reed looks like he fancies bossing and running the midfield and from what I''ve seen of him he''s a decent passer. Tettey does a great job of breaking up play and the two of them should form a solid shield in front of the CB''s who clearly need help.

The 3 in front should be strong with who we have to choose from.

And for Farkes sake can we get rid of Martin please? Hopefully his sub today will be the last of him, the QPR game he didn''t play we were solid and kept a clean sheet, every game he''s played we have shipped goals, yes its scapegoating but on the other hand he has looked woeful for some goals. The first two v Villa he was inept.

[quote user="Matt Morriss"]I think we are crying out for a return to Alex Neils preferred formation, with Tettey and Reed holding.

Makes perfect sense to me as Reed looks like he fancies bossing and running the midfield and from what I''ve seen of him he''s a decent passer. Tettey does a great job of breaking up play and the two of them should form a solid shield in front of the CB''s who clearly need help.

The 3 in front should be strong with who we have to choose from.

And for Farkes sake can we get rid of Martin please? Hopefully his sub today will be the last of him, the QPR game he didn''t play we were solid and kept a clean sheet, every game he''s played we have shipped goals, yes its scapegoating but on the other hand he has looked woeful for some goals. The first two v Villa he was inept.[/quote]No. It isn''t. It really isn''t.

True, but I thought I''d try and be fair.

I think Martin has pictures of Delia or something cause I can''t believe he gets picked week after week.

Having watched a lot of football at the top level in my time, and being a huge admirer of the Italian defence over the years namely Cannavaro, Nesta and Maldini, I know what it takes to be a top defender and every time I watch Martin I fail to see any of the traits I know are required from a decent defender.

Even looking back over the years at ours, the closest he comes to I guess is Craig Fleming and by god he''s a million miles away from him, and Fleming was probably only a Championship level player and he was 10 times the defender Martin is.

For me our problems are obvious, Martin and for that matter Husband are woefully shirt of the level required.

I have been impressed by Zimmerman, Franke and Stipermann and think in time they will come good.

[quote user="Matt Morriss"]True, but I thought I''d try and be fair.

I think Martin has pictures of Delia or something cause I can''t believe he gets picked week after week.

Having watched a lot of football at the top level in my time, and being a huge admirer of the Italian defence over the years namely Cannavaro, Nesta and Maldini, I know what it takes to be a top defender and every time I watch Martin I fail to see any of the traits I know are required from a decent defender.

Even looking back over the years at ours, the closest he comes to I guess is Craig Fleming and by god he''s a million miles away from him, and Fleming was probably only a Championship level player and he was 10 times the defender Martin is.

For me our problems are obvious, Martin and for that matter Husband are woefully shirt of the level required.

I have been impressed by Zimmerman, Franke and Stipermann and think in time they will come good.[/quote]
What has Franke done to impress you? He was s*** last wekk, s*** again today, s*** against sunderland. Zimmermann looked better than Franke, but that''s not a high bar. Stiepermann should be starting at Left Back. 
We desperately need Klose back.

I guess when I think about it I''m basing it on the QPR, Swindon and Charlton games, having not seen the away games and Sunderland he was weak.

So yeah perhaps impressed is a bit off.