Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Don't blame the manager

Farke had a great record in Germany, is clearly a good coach and seems a genuinely good guy, intelligent too.

It''s not his fault the signings have been so poor. Clearly he doesn''t get the championship and is taking time learning who can be trusted to put in a shift etc...and some quibbles could be made about selection etc And I for one hate zonal marking but...

But the bottom line is that the poor bloke has been given such a rotten hand. He has to go out there with bargain basement players who are just not up to it thanks to the boards mismanagement especially since Bowkett left. (Who wasn''t blameless but a vast improvement in terms of leadership on what is left)

No manager could do well with the defence we have. You get what you pay for and if that is L2 prices- well....

I think he''s been unlucky as Klose and Pritchard would be two of the first names in the team sheet. They would be a big difference at this stage of he transition.

He''s had the whole of the summer to sort this out. He has inherited a far better team than most of the managers currently above us in the league. He clearly has no clue about English football. STOP MAKING EXCUSES!! We deserve to be exactly where we are, as I predicted we would be. Bad decision after bad decision by the board has brought us to this and yet another manager we will hold on to and keep giving chances and making excuses for until it''s too late again. See you all in league 1!!

It''s hard to blame the manager as we don''t have one. We have a ''sporting director'' and a coach. Both are equally accountable. WebberFarke out is a bit of a mouthful though!

He''s going to have to wise up alittle and find more ballast in midfield, if he doesnt want or rate Tettey he''s going to have to find someone physical enough to compete. I''d also kill for a Edworthy, Tierney type who can put a solid robust shift in at full back when we play a flat back four.

I think we have enough in midfield and attack for this division.

But husband is so bad that no left back is leaving us horribly exposed and bang average cbs then struggle.

In this order we need to sign

LB - solid, defensive and reliable

CB- one more of proven ability and experience of championship

RB- solid dull sort to cover when an attacking pinto isn''t the answer

Dean, If you look at the midfield though there is no way a team of Maddison, Murphy, Vrancic, Hoolahan and Reed are going to be able to dig in, Reed is decent at it but i dont think he''s good enough at it to do it by himself. It''s probably why Jerome often has got the nod so often because he picks up the physical slack that the first of those four leave. It doesnt have to be a new player but we cant imo get away with playing all those players in one team unless we are totally in control and thats just not going to happen at the moment.

The midfield are currently pretty but ineffective going forward but defensively awful. They Have to do the dirty stuff too, tackle, track runners and battle to win second ball. There had not been the graft to match the craft from reed Maddison etc esp when it''s clear the back line is struggling to adapt. The fact we won so few of the low number of tackles we bother to try highlights this.

A pair of cdms must start and we still need another cb

I had a lot of confidence in Daniel Farke at the dawning of this season. His credentials had been talked highly of, he talked a good game and there was talk about how sound the German model was and how successful the new input from the Bundeslegia would be. Solid players on the cheap no less.

Talk. A lot of it.

Now, after this abysmal start, I have little confidence in the manager or his signings.

It needed only to be a little bit better all-round and one could justifiably say that a little bit of patience would be necessary, but it''s been disastrous.

That''s not blame. That''s reaction.

I totally agree Dean, two problems i see A-Farke doesnt seem to want to play him and B- i worry that Tettey''s knees arnt up to a regular full season.

Farke is making mistakes with his team selections but I do not blame him for the current sutuation.

I blame Webber who has been treated like some kind of demi god since arriving off the back of what may have been a fluke at Hudds. He has signed players who are simply not good enough for this league (certainly in the short term anyway which is what we need) and it was him who sought it Farke knowing he would need time to learn.

I also blame our board who are simply inept.

Maddison, Vrancic, Hoolahan and Reed. That has to be the most lightweight, pedestrian midfield in the entire football league. Zero pace zero strength. Ok. We know with the ball at their feet and acres of room the look talented but with hard fighting, burley players in their faces the are miles away from the right mix. 3 luxury players and a defensive midfield midget. Add in the 4th luxury in Murphy. Yes he has the pace but not the bite or the bottle to make up for the others.

It''s a disaster created by a clueless manager who''s understanding of the English game at or level is also ZERO!!

[quote user="ridgeman"]Before laying the blame with the manager I would like to know how much input he had into the new signings. Were they his choice or Webbers after all Watkins was signed before Farke arrived.[/quote]

Forget the new signing for a moment and look at the formation the man played yesterday. He is ultimately responsible for that and that was what was wrong. Shite players we have some but shite tactics we have in abundance

Farke has come from a team where winning comes second

his job was to teach players the Dortmund way first getting them ready if they were good enough

it is well known that the big German teams use that league for producing players if they win the league all well and good but it is to produce players for the 1st team

now i am not saying they go out to lose no team does of course but has he got that win at all costs steel ??

he seems to have got the keep the ball possession football across but as we saw yesterday that means Nothing

Who signed these German players ? i would say Farke mostly were from the same league as him and if it was Webber who had recommended them then Farke should have known if good enough !

i have a funny feeling Webber and Wagner worked because Wagner is a better manager / coach than Farke

Lightning rare strikes twice and to think get Webber and he will answer any clubs problems is turning out at the moment to be just like Villa , Blackburn and wolves when they got Lambert in all hoping he could do for them as he did with us

["Hardhouse44"]Maddison, Vrancic, Hoolahan and Reed. That has to be the most lightweight, pedestrian midfield in the entire football league. Zero pace zero strength. Ok. We know with the ball at their feet and acres of room the look talented but with hard fighting, burley players in their faces the are miles away from the right mix. 3 luxury players and a defensive midfield midget. Add in the 4th luxury in Murphy. Yes he has the pace but not the bite or the bottle to make up for the others.

It''s a disaster created by a clueless manager who''s understanding of the English game at or level is also ZERO!!

Farkes Head coach not manager but otherwise this post hits the nail firmly on the head!

Another poster rightly points out that Farkes come from a clubs reserve team where winning was not the be all and end all which explains why he is blinkered to his tactical niavevity and some sub standard players!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Maddison, Vrancic, Hoolahan and Reed. That has to be the most lightweight, pedestrian midfield in the entire football league. Zero pace zero strength. Ok. We know with the ball at their feet and acres of room the look talented but with hard fighting, burley players in their faces the are miles away from the right mix. 3 luxury players and a defensive midfield midget. Add in the 4th luxury in Murphy. Yes he has the pace but not the bite or the bottle to make up for the others.

It''s a disaster created by a clueless manager who''s understanding of the English game at or level is also ZERO!![/quote]

This is what I am thinking also.

In any sport with a physical aspect I was always coached that you have to match the fight and physicality of the opposition and then earn the right o play to good stuff.

Having a midfield of number 10s is not going to cut it at all.

Second half against Charlton I liked the sound of Tetty and Trybull words like agressive where used.....more of that or buy that please