Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Will It Be A Winter Of Discontent ?

Yes i know it is only 5 games in but after 3 away games today we witnessed loud boos at half time and at full time, the captain subjected to jeers and boos every time he touched the ball, fans squaring up to each other with the stewards at one point having to step in and loud chants of '' we want our money back ''. After the fourth goal literally dozens leaving the away section in the upper tier ( yes i saw you sneaking out Lessingham [;)] ) and even Dick Menace lost for words on his Twatter account this evening which shows how bad things must have been.Speaking briefly to Bryan Gunn at the end of the game as he was sitting with the away fans he said it is going to be a long winter.Things must change quickly before it turns poisonous and when that happens there is only one outcome.I expect some reference to St Andrews Hall will be made shortly after i hit the post button.

Winter of discontent? We haven''t even made it to Autumn and half the fans have already got the knives sharpened for Farke/Webber/all our signings.

Should have kept Neil. And we never made signings this bad when Ricky Martin was involved...😉

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]Winter of discontent? We haven''t even made it to Autumn and half the fans have already got the knives sharpened for Farke/Webber/all our signings.

Should have kept Neil. And we never made signings this bad when Ricky Martin was involved...😉[/quote]Never mind Richard III and Webber/Farke/all our signings, the Stowmarket 2 need to beware the ides of March. They''ve got too much wrong for too long and patience is wearing thin.

Well i found the atmosphere quite unsettling with the away fans today which got worse as the game went and as you say we haven''t even made it to Autumn which surely is a concern. If the away fans turn up the heat so early in the season on the management and players God help us. It was not just pockets of fans angry/upset/frustrated whatever you want to call it but today a substantial majority.

A lot depends upon whether we sign a defender before the window shuts. I think Webber said money is being held back for future purchases, so this spending could presumably be brought forward.

The established order of things is keyboard warriors/away fans/home fans. Sounds like we are at stage two already. There were boos at the Sunderland home game too. Gunnys probably right, it will be a long winter.

Doubt you have to worry about St Andrews Hall though. Who would book it?

Going to be a long, long seaon,  i was dssapointed in so many things yesterday, team selection, tactics, lack of a plan b, but more than anything the booing and arguing amongst so called Norwich fans, i never boo''d once, but i did leave on 83 minutes Tilly had seen enough by then, was back in Norwich at 7.30 so not all bad!I get the dissapointment, but some of our fans need to take a long hard look at themselves, it will effet the team, players lke Josh (he got a few Boo''s yesterday) thrive on confidence, be carefull what you wish for, the season has only just begun.

Yes the season has only just begun Lessingham and i don''t think i have seen such divisions in the fanbase at such an early stage in well over 50 years of being a |Norwich fan.The trouble with the fans yesterday was that it was both young and old venting their spleen and not just pockets of them amongst the 1800 or so. That is what i really find alarming. Farke and the new set up was something we really looked forward to all summer and hapless displays like yesterday on the back of Villa only the week before will soon erode all the goodwill that had been built up. Sunderland should have been the wake up call but we are going backwards at an alarming rate.Webber to me looks as though he has told Farke to spinkle glitter on the shite and try and call it a lollipop.

Leasingham may be a semi plastic but at least he travelled to the game unlike some of the key board warriors on here

Honestly if you didn''t travel why spout your pro cook nonsense if you are not emotionally attached like us who put in the time money and effort

The philosophy project looks doomed and The Board must look at the new business model and ask how they have got it so badly wrong. Why have they risked the club on two men with no track record of success.

The brave, but expensive decision now, is to adimit it is a mistake, cut their losses and let Farke, and Webber go. Get in an experienced coach to guide us to a mid table finish. With excellent coaching, mid table is the best we can hope for.

Nelson queried Farke in the first fixture, I bet a lot more in that dressing room are doubting his ability now.

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]Leasingham may be a semi plastic but at least he travelled to the game unlike some of the key board warriors on here

Honestly if you didn''t travel why spout your pro cook nonsense if you are not emotionally attached like us who put in the time money and effort[/quote]
Never thought I''d say this , but it was nice to finally meet you yesterday Waveney at Millwall, all goes to prove my theory that a lot of posters are completely different in real life than they are on here.

I''ll be at Sheffield.

It shouldn''t be as bad as yesterday - as expectations as to anything other than a defeat have already evaporated.

At the moment its going about as badly as I feared, but hoped that it wouldn''t.  Even my yellow and green glasses couldn''t hide the fact that we''ve been sliding down for a couple of years now. The depth and length of the slide can only be guessed at. Nothing unusual in that, its part of the long term cycle.It will eventually turn but the long slide may have further to go yet.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Two home games then Sheffield Utd away, be interestng to see how many mae that trip ? this semi plastic will be there [:P][/quote]See you there Lessingham and i will have to work on Captain Birdseye as yesterday he was leaning towards turning into a Plastic.

Sheffield Utd have won 9 league games on the bounce at home so do people really expect things to be different for City that day?