Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

It's important to play the long term game

What is clear is the current set up is going to be a disaster but there needs to be a longer term aim here

The problem is the stowmarket 2. Instead of jumping to soon and asking for the head of the German we need to wait for it to get really really bad

Only then must the fans rise and finally drive out the real issue the cook and nepotism Tom

Short term pain for long term gain has to be the strategy for those fans who have worked up ownership is the issue and not the the coaches or players

A disaster this time will leave the cook no where to hide

This season is going to be a topsy turvy roller coaster of a season and threads like this I guess are inevitable, if a bit sad. It''s a long term project as the Gunn experiment was supposed to be, as the Hughton project was supposed to be, as most appointments were supposed to be.

So we have had a difficult start - time then to keep the nerve and see it through to better times. It has to be a two or three season development, with a big learning curve for all concerned, including fans. It''s early days.

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]What is clear is the current set up is going to be a disaster but there needs to be a longer term aim here

The problem is the stowmarket 2. Instead of jumping to soon and asking for the head of the German we need to wait for it to get really really bad

Only then must the fans rise and finally drive out the real issue the cook and nepotism Tom

Short term pain for long term gain has to be the strategy for those fans who have worked up ownership is the issue and not the the coaches or players

A disaster this time will leave the cook no where to hide[/quote]

I just dont get this.

Rather than bully an elderly couple go and find a Chinese billionaire in-fact any billionaire then persuade them to by us.

Once you find them get them to make a decent offer and then complain as that would than be a case of them holding the club back..

We need a BILLIONAIRE to achieve what you want nothing less. There are only 134 in the uk.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/richest-person-in-east-anglia-has-a-fortune-of-9-66bn-1-5004255

Who is the richest Norwich fan you know? It has to be someone stupid enough to spend 100m on the club and another 50-100m at least on players right now to compete for promotion as decent champs players are 6-10 million+.

So really you need a multi billionaire as even a billionaire would need to spend 10-30% of their net worth to guarantee us a stable premiership place.

Dont forget Marcus Evans is worth 750 million and is on that list the 5th riches person in east anglia do they outspend us? Have they had more recent success?

I dont see the point of complaining at this stage about ownership unless you have a proceed-able alternative with a net worth over 3 billion?

Cheesy they need to put the club up for sale actively market it and let''s see which stinking rich multi billionaires are interested

It isn''t a difficult thing to do it reall isnt

[quote user="lake district canary"]This season is going to be a topsy turvy roller coaster of a season and threads like this I guess are inevitable, if a bit sad. It''s a long term project as the Gunn experiment was supposed to be, as the Hughton project was supposed to be, as most appointments were supposed to be.

So we have had a difficult start - time then to keep the nerve and see it through to better times. It has to be a two or three season development, with a big learning curve for all concerned, including fans. It''s early days.[/quote]Well said Lakey, i mentioned in a post or two before that what we have is a 2 to 3 season project and some replies i had were from guys who obviously had their heads buried in the sand. Webber has said more than once that to get the complete (if complete is the right word anyway) article here would take several transfer windows, yet some fans already lost all patience after just 5 games.But maybe these such early stark results have a positive side to them. Paddy Davitt i think got  it right, saying DF was trying to put the roof on his project before the foundations had even been laid.DF has no excuse now, he can see the result of trying to do that, he has no otherway now than realising he has to adapt slowly with his project, and take on board pretty quickly the necessity of  not throwing away the age old simple systems we have in the Championship. But therein lies the question, he maybe has to learn them, never mind even throwing them away. As you rightly said Lakey, its a learning curve, all the way from us fans to DF himself. And to, roller coaster is right, the coaster right now having travelled down a long slope.

[quote user="Essjayess"]roller coaster is right, the coaster right now having travelled down a long slope.[/quote]You mean - it''s been downhill so far and now it''s going to be all uphill? [:''(]

Delia has been superb for the club, but if she can''t act quickly to get rid of this philosophy garbage she will find it very unpleasant attending games.

All managerial appointments are gambles, but this was unnecessary, I''ll thought out, and needs rectifying quickly.

Does this 2 or 3 year project include getting relegated to League One, which if we continue as we''ve started is a distinct possibility?

I take it if that happens then you would still want Farke as manager then LDC?

[quote user="Baldyboy"]Does this 2 or 3 year project include getting relegated to League One, which if we continue as we''ve started is a distinct possibility?

I take it if that happens then you would still want Farke as manager then LDC?[/quote]Relegation is not an issue unless there is no improvement.   If Farke can''t get any improvement and we are relegated, then he was plainly not doing enough.  However, as I said, talk of relegation at this stage is ridiculous. Improvement will be made.

Anything is better than losing 4-0 away at Millwall, so anything will be an improvement!

But talk of a 2 or 3 year project is as much nonsense as saying we will be relegated. Football doesn''t work in projects like that...

It''s a shame Wes is out for the season,he is isn''t he?