Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Early days in a long term project

Although disappointing in terms of result there was some good passing and movement.A few tweaks to the defence should be made allowing the team to gel better at set pieces. The club has made a brave decision, let''s give them time.

Isn''t it blatantly obvious that this season will probably be our last feasible chance of getting back into the Promised Land and that the alternative is an eternity in the second tier fighting off debt?

Time is the last thing we can afford whilst we retain the (ever reducing) remnants of recently being a Premier League club (players who are worth a bit, outstanding support, Category A.)

We want it now! What do we want?

Let''s not give them time. The project was a stupid idea sold to them because Huddersfield had found a good German coach.

We didn''t need this, we would have been far better with Irvine.

It''s a time for us fans to get behind the team,not booing and moaning about teams of seasons past that has gone!

How about the owners getting behind the team and buying us some players slightly above the standard of the cheap crap they have now lumbered us with . Hate to think what''s going to happen when we go to Portaloo Road st the moment you can only see us getting one almighty hiding.

We certainly need to get behind the team, counter productive to do otherwise.

10 games seemed to be the accepted period of judgment on this forum before the season started. I am prepared to be patient and give it that.

However if there are no signs of hope after 10 games then I think it would be time to reprise Stuart Webber''s interview where he explains Norwich''s malaise is due to a series of poor transfer windows and send him the link. Might also be worth going back onto the Huddersfield forum and finding the thread on his signings there which slated most of them as not up to it and striking lucky on just a few e.g. Kachunga. He might appreciate a link to that too.

In the meantime DF and SW get it sorted.

Disagreed. It''s a long term project and even though it''s currently struggling it''ll be stuck with.

[quote user="Time to go Delia"] Hate to think what''s going to happen when we go to Portaloo Road st the moment you can only see us getting one almighty hiding.[/quote]The wheel always turns full circle and i am sorry to say October 22nd could well be the time it happens for the first time in ten games !

I didn''t Frank, but this looks like a disaster.

I had doubts about Webber rather than Farke, but. I fear the worst this season. We look a weak team - mentally, organisationally, and physically.

We all want the club to be successful, and many will have different views on how to make it so. If it all works out I will thoroughly enjoy a a huge portion of humble pie.

We are just so bad, and I don''t see any evidence it will turn around, and don''t believe patience is the answer this time.

Yes, it''s a long term project, but in these early days it seems most of the players don''t understand what is required of them -- Farke is trying the ''German Way'' too quickly and we have too much of a mixed bag where personnel are concerned to fully comprehend the concept -- it''s as though the left hand doesn''t know what the right hand is doing and if there''s any success to be had from a long term project then a gradual process via tactics and players technical abilities is the order of the day.For now keep it simple and allow the players to develop the necessary mindset & skills.

[quote user="mr footy"]Although disappointing in terms of result there was some good passing and movement.A few tweaks to the defence should be made allowing the team to gel better at set pieces. The club has made a brave decision, let''s give them time.[/quote]
  • The good passing and movement resulted in nothing except 75% possession and 75% possession resulted in nothing.
  • The defence needs an awful lot more than a few tweaks, and not just at set pieces. We are being ripped apart by average sides who look like scoring everytime they get into our half.
  • I agree the Club has made a brave decision and that there is a possibility that things may improve. But if there is any improvement then I cannot see us improving sufficiently to threaten a play off position with the current squad - there are just too many problem areas to sort out.
  • How much time would be a reasonable amount before a decision has to be made - 5 more games, 10 more games, Christmas or 5 games before the end of the season.

Now in the Final year of parachute payments. We don''t have time for a long term project.

The board should have invested in the defence once they''d completed their lap of honour at Wembley.

I can''t comment on a game I didn''t see but the goal highlights, result and most of the other topics about it and the loyal away supporters reaction, seems to indicate that there doesn''t seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel at the moment.
It seems that the defence is taking all the blame at the moment and that appears justified. Especially with Angus Gunn getting praise for his performances which makes it sound even worse.
Overall it sounds as if we are lightweight and not equipped to tackle the type of football required to excel in the Championship. Especially with the amount of goals coming from losing aerial challenges. And there aren''t going to be too many chances to change that until January now. And I look at the teams equivalent or less than us who have got into the Prem recently and think they probably got their defences rugged enough to succeed.
And I think the plea to get behind the team is just fantasy. However much people defend or rubbish certain players on this site makes naff all difference to how the team plays. And the abuse of players is far less than it ever used to be. So while it isn''t pleasant or desirable to boo when a players name is read out, it is just people showing their displeasure. And how else can they do it?

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]So while it isn''t pleasant or desirable to boo when a players name is read out, it is just people showing their displeasure. And how else can they do it?[/quote]Maybe by showing a bit of restraint and having a tad of sensible perspective in the first place?Many fans were more than happy with the usual ''give it 10 games'' routine, yet we''re only halfway into that and already the daggers are out and our own players are getting booed!This was NEVER going to be a short term fix, it''s absolutely a longer-term project (with a clear view to long-term stability AND performance a''la Southampton et al), there will be failings and mishaps along the way (sick of saying this, but remember that Huddersfield finished 19th in Wagner''s first season there), and giving the players and coaching staff this much grief at this stage is just ridiculous.Interesting that De Boer at Palace is also already under pressure after just THREE games, makes me wonder how fans became so self-entitled and over demanding in recent years...

Give up on all this "give it time" rollocks,it''s not going to work. I don''t buy into the "we''ll be in league 1 next season" guff but we wont be much higher than 15th-16th at the end of the season with the current setup. Farke will be put out of his misery before Christmas and hopefully Webber too.

Maybe by showing a bit of restraint and having a tad of sensible perspective in the first place?
Thing is, looking at the highlights, the ground looked so empty that you could have heard two people booing. And that isn''t representative.