Sign in to follow this  
Captain Birdseye

Barrow in Furness

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]I can''t wait to here from the idiot from Cumbria''s positive take on that shambles[/quote]
If you''re referring to LDC, I have VERY reliable inside info that he''s out for the season with repetitive strain injury....
In all seriousness though, the only thing repetitive and straining here is you Captain B. Since Morty went, LDC has turned into a decent poster - whilst at times he may be overly positive, or make odd comparisons about Goalkeepers that don''t bear any scrutiny, at least his posts make sense and have opinions in them, as opposed to your repetitive, attention-seeking, banal drivel.

All is explained and now I understand LDC''s wide-eyed optimism. I had assumed he lived in a beautiful part of Cumbria but Barrow, OMG. One road in and out and what a depressed town it is. Other than BAe''s submarine shipyard there is not a lot going for it. You''d have to be an optimist to live there otherwise you''d be in a permanent state of depression. Even a visit to Holker Street is depressing.

Birdseye, why don''t you take a flying jump...you crow and groan like a bird...wouldn''t mind seeing you fly like one...but...you might be out for a few seasons then.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]All is explained and now I understand LDC''s wide-eyed optimism. I had assumed he lived in a beautiful part of Cumbria but Barrow, OMG. One road in and out and what a depressed town it is. Other than BAe''s submarine shipyard there is not a lot going for it. You''d have to be an optimist to live there otherwise you''d be in a permanent state of depression. Even a visit to Holker Street is depressing.[/quote]

CC, sounds like you know Barrow well. Unfortunately I have to visit regularly and can only describe it as a complete s**thole.

The high street is often referred to as the Gazza Strip - following shipyard payday, it turns into a warzone as there is little else to do there other than drink and fight.

LDC sounds like a wise man if he lives in the lake District but has only been to Barrow once! One more time than most decent folk deserve.

What has Horse''s two seasons with Barrow in the Northern Premier League got to do with the town in terms of its salubriousness?

He left Barrow in 2003 to join Sheffield Wednesday. Indeed he wouldn''t have gone to Barrow had Carlisle not gone into administration as they were due to sign him on his return from a loan in Australia.

My goodness. Venting our spleens on Barrow now.
None of you live there so why the fierce criticism of someone else''s home?

Norwich named and shamed as one of England''s most dangerous drinking spots

Put the stones down as the glazier is on holiday.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]My goodness. Venting our spleens on Barrow now.
None of you live there so why the fierce criticism of someone else''s home?

Norwich named and shamed as one of England''s most dangerous drinking spots

Put the stones down as the glazier is on holiday.

[/quote]Neither does LDC.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]What has Horse''s two seasons with Barrow in the Northern Premier League got to do with the town in terms of its salubriousness?

He left Barrow in 2003 to join Sheffield Wednesday. Indeed he wouldn''t have gone to Barrow had Carlisle not gone into administration as they were due to sign him on his return from a loan in Australia.[/quote]
Really Crafty?
Are you now the thread policeman or just the helmet...

I don''t know about scampi but plenty hooked with this one. Easy pickings today captain

According to some MP, if you pay 13 quid for account in Barrow, you get a hand job thrown in on the price, no wonder you don''t go that often Lakey, saving up your pocket money?

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/08/2017 9:16 PM:

Crafty Canary wrote:

What has Horse''s two seasons with Barrow in the Northern Premier League got to do with the town in terms of its salubriousness? He left Barrow in 2003 to join Sheffield Wednesday. Indeed he wouldn''t have gone to Barrow had Carlisle not gone into administration as they were due to sign him on his return from a loan in Australia.

Really Crafty?

Are you now the thread policeman or just the helmet...

Neither Nutty. On a thread about the virtues or otherwise of Barrow, and yes I have been there, you post a pointless observation about Grant Holt. Of course you did so to try and derail the thread as you so often do.

Naturally you add an inferred insult as you have problems with being called out.

Norwich City message board. Thread about Barrow. Post that Grant Holt played for him and scored better than 1 in 2.

How is this derailing the thread?