Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

If you accept it that's what you get

Or, alternatively Bristol, it might seek to be proactive and avoid the ultimately disastrous inaction which characterised the non-dismissals of Hughton and Neil until it was too late.

I just think it''s incredibly the players we have missed out on because we didn''t take that extra risk. Marcus Alonso, Koulibaly, VVD, Alderwiereld, Defour, biglia to name a few. meanwhile we tried to stay up on a pitiful budget and hope to wing it with second rate gambles like rvw and naismith. I understand why we didn''t take the plunge but that is the difference between where we are and where the like of stoke, Southampton and Swansea are.

The most frustrating thing as a fan is a few of us accepted that we would be a bit more reserved in the Premier League market to ensure we were strong financially in the possible case we were relegated. This would give us a platform to always compete with the best championship teams for a few years after a potential drop.

Unfortunately it seems we were able to compete in the window for only a year before we moved onto selling our best players and replacing them with cheap/free signings. Cheap and free has worked for us in the past, but we signed many proven talented young players from League 1 & 2 under Lambert. They understood the league and all slotted in very quickly. Signing so many unproven foreign players is a big risk imo.

I really hoped we were strong enough financially to invest some of the Murphy money in some quality players, but clearly that is not going to happen.

It''s not a particularly exciting time to be a Norwich fan unfortunately. Hopefully the new signings can turn it around and surprise me.