Sign in to follow this  
Crafty Canary

Injuries

Whilst Pritchard and Klose have been potentially big misses for the team I believe Louis Thompson is the biggest one. He provides excellent defensive cover in midfield and the defence badly needs that. Until he can make a return it would be reasonable to bring Tettey back in to do the ''dirty'' work to protect the defence.

Some Cretin created a rumour about Wes being out for the season, it was only his little joke.

As for Tettey Crafty, I think there is a real danger if Mr Farke thinks that sort of selection is going to solve our problems, he will undoubtedly shore up the defence a bit with a consequential loss of a more progressive mid field, our problem imo is more about organisational structure and individual commitment.

[quote user="Van wink"]Some Cretin created a rumour about Wes being out for the season, it was only his little joke.

As for Tettey Crafty, I think there is a real danger if Mr Farke thinks that sort of selection is going to solve our problems, he will undoubtedly shore up the defence a bit with a consequential loss of a more progressive mid field, our problem imo is more about organisational structure and individual commitment.[/quote]That''ll be his next username.

[quote user="Van wink"]Some Cretin created a rumour about Wes being out for the season, it was only his little joke.

As for Tettey Crafty, I think there is a real danger if Mr Farke thinks that sort of selection is going to solve our problems, he will undoubtedly shore up the defence a bit with a consequential loss of a more progressive mid field, our problem imo is more about organisational structure and individual commitment.[/quote]

It was surprising that people wanted Tettey in on Saturday, he''s a good player and I like him alot, but using him didn''t make any difference last season, or the season before for that matter.   You say it''s an organisational structure and individual commitment - I have to say I think it is a cultural thing - it is like there is not enough bite at the club - maybe Colney/CR is just too comfortable or laid back??  I would like to see a bit more feistiness in the players - a bit more gumption as Ron Obvious put it earlier. At least Tettey has that in his game, but he isn''t the answer on his own. How about getting rid of a few home comforts at the club, get away from all these machines and computers at Colney and get a bit of steel into the players?  Ron Saunders got his players to toughen up by giving them some hard labour, running up and down mousehold. Some of that now wouldn''t go amiss imo.

[quote user="lake district canary"] Ron Saunders got his players to toughen up by giving them some hard labour, running up and down mousehold. Some of that now wouldn''t go amiss imo. [/quote]I wouldn''t be surprised if that wasn''t against ''Elf and Safety these days Lakey, but I agree with you.

We had Howson and Dorrans last season and this year we appear to have two CB''s that are of greater need that ever of some protection from centre midfield