Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

First doubts about farke

Today''s pink un article raise serious doubts for me about Farke. Because he says we defended well at Fulham. But I was there and witnessed a very fortunate half time score line - when we could easily have been four down. Husband was torn apart by their wingers countless times - how can he be surprised at the capitulation at millwall then? That is worrying

And as for "lay off martin" why? He is the one constant in a defence that has let us down for seasons now.

When he was kept on I said it was a bad move and was shot down on this blog for being a miserable. But how he is still here and club captain says it all - poor stuff

I quite agree that the real problem is the board - who are well past their use-by-date but Martin really is one player who gets chance after chance and just always ends up failing.

Many managers love him - clearly he is top bloke and a good friend when times are hard - but on the pitch he is just becoming so so annoying. How many seasons must we have to endure his hapless attempt at being a CB. He isn''t - he is a washed up RB whose pace no longer allows him to occupy that role at this level.

[quote user="Herman"]6 threads, you are really spoiling us this weekend.[/quote]

A relevant post about an article that appeared online today?

What''s the issue? Maybe you could explain when people are allowed to post and what about then?

DCB is allowed a maximum of 5 posts a weekend after a loss. It''s written in the Code Of Conduct.

From the Racing Post, interesting view;https://www.racingpost.com/sport/norwich-not-as-bad-as-shocking-scoreline-at-millwall-suggests/298473"The pressing game Farke wants to use needs time to be coached,

particularly from a defensive point of view because if even one player

switches off teams are often left looking hopelessly exposed.

David Wagner''s Huddersfield career started with five defeats in seven

games and 14 goals conceded, while Tottenham were desperate in the

early days under Mauricio Pochettino, failing to win six of their

opening nine league matches with some heavy defeats.

Whether Farke is up to the standard of Wagner or Pochettino remains

to be seen but it will need the people of Norfolk to show patience,

which is admittedly much easier said than done. However, this

performance was not as bad as the scoreline suggests."

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]From the Racing Post, interesting view;https://www.racingpost.com/sport/norwich-not-as-bad-as-shocking-scoreline-at-millwall-suggests/298473"The pressing game Farke wants to use needs time to be coached,

performance was not as bad as the scoreline suggests."[/quote]That''s a great find ALOS, and one I completely agree with.

Huddersfield finished 19th in Wagner''s first season, Poch struggled in his initial 9 games, as did Klopp at Liverpool who also got just 3 wins in his first 9 games, and the more involved the system they want to use, the longer it will often take for players to adapt and know what they can and can''t get away with doing in games.

This process will be made easier if you have better players, which also shows why it took Wagner much longer to get things going at Huddersfield than it did either of Poch or Klopp, and also why it''s likely to take Farke somewhere in-between the two, as we have better players than Hudd did when Wagner took over, but nowhere close to either of Spurs or Liverpool.

Knee-jerk reactions, demands to return to 4-4-2, slating of player etc, are NOT going to help in any meaningful way here.

Sounds great, but when you watch the terrible performances defensively, you just can''t see them getting results! You cannot defend like that in the Championship, doesn''t matter who you''re playing...

Comparisons are all nice but not relevant, because we have not seen any improvement defensively...it''s even worse

I had my doubts when i heard that interview after millwall

i heard it again today Farke said the defenders have to get better or he will would have to get New players in

Errrr well didn''t he or Webber buy most of the players that have been shipping in goals ?

only Martin and pinto have played who were not signed

by W & F

We can not buy a player play him 3 or 4 times and then start looking for replacements because he is not good enough !

also the only time we have kept a clean sheet was when Martin did not start now i am not blaming it all on Martin but why would you change that if you kept a clean sheet ? and after you let in 4 goals with Martin why didn''t he change it back to the team without Martin the one that did so well and kept a clean sheet ?

thats the sort of thing that i am having doubts about never change a winning team unless injuries

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Dcb has been supporting Norwich since the early 80s

He just doesn''t clap regardless but voices opinions[/quote]People who speak about themselves in the third person are always a bit of a worry.

Less so than our defence!

And I cannot help but smile at how the pinkun board version of "everyone I disagree with is hitler" is "everyone I disagree with is a jibber"

Less so than our defence!

And I cannot help but smile at how the pinkun board version of "everyone I disagree with is hitler" is "everyone I disagree with is a binner "

You''re worse than Hitler. At least he was never annoying on an internet forum.

OMG Herman...are u now comparing a Norwich City supporter to Hitler ??? This is getting out of hand, just like the bl^^dy Norwich City defense is...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]From the Racing Post, interesting view;https://www.racingpost.com/sport/norwich-not-as-bad-as-shocking-scoreline-at-millwall-suggests/298473"The pressing game Farke wants to use needs time to be coached,

performance was not as bad as the scoreline suggests."[/quote]That''s a great find ALOS, and one I completely agree with.

Huddersfield finished 19th in Wagner''s first season, Poch struggled in his initial 9 games, as did Klopp at Liverpool who also got just 3 wins in his first 9 games, and the more involved the system they want to use, the longer it will often take for players to adapt and know what they can and can''t get away with doing in games.

This process will be made easier if you have better players, which also shows why it took Wagner much longer to get things going at Huddersfield than it did either of Poch or Klopp, and also why it''s likely to take Farke somewhere in-between the two, as we have better players than Hudd did when Wagner took over, but nowhere close to either of Spurs or Liverpool.

Knee-jerk reactions, demands to return to 4-4-2, slating of player etc, are NOT going to help in any meaningful way here.

[/quote]

Totally this.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]OMG Herman...are u now comparing a Norwich City supporter to Hitler ??? This is getting out of hand, just like the bl^^dy Norwich City defense is...[/quote][:D]In the order of bad people DCB is right up there..Stalin.DCB.Hitler.Mao.Pol Pot.Genghis Khan.Timmy Mallett.

Many posters in various topics have said lets see where City stand after 10-12 games. If the Villa-Millwall type results persist most of that period, then by the 13th game Farke will really be feeling the heat....which just happens to be October 22nd and you know where...that game could be a lulu.