Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

tetty on the move?

Well according to the mirror being made available at £1m. If there isn''t a rethink after the millwall result then the discontent will only pick up a pace. You can get away with these decisions when winning but not when the whole campaign is degenerating into a shambles

Funny how a month or so ago, over half this board would have been extremely happy to see him moved on for a decent price, yet now suddenly he''s become the midfield saviour we are crying out for...Couldn''t make it up could you?

Not sure I''ve seen too many saying he''s our midfield saviour to be honest.

What''s happened in the last month is that it''s become apparent that the replacements in the centre of the park don''t have the tracking back and foot-in qualities that Tetty has and which would be really useful at awkward in your face matches, like, oh I don''t know, Millwall away for instance.

If he goes and we don''t replace him with a similar player then we will continue to have the soft underbelly we showed yesterday.

Our midfield saviour?  No.
A member of the squad with at least a bit of decent Championship experience who is capable of screening the back 4 effectively which currently our entire midfield seems incapable of doing? Yes.

I wouldn''t have been too bothered had he been moved on in the summer. Now we''ve seen the new players abilities I think it''s essential that he''s playing

I like how we play 4 games and the season is over

last year we was romping the league at this point and we was going to win the title

how well did that work out for us

For me the formation needs to be changed and incorporate Tettey back into the team. No one can doubt hes decent enough to start for most championship teams.

Unfortunately the team as a whole isn''t playing well though and one player coming in probably isn''t the answer. Would one man have prevented that 4-0 at Millwall? No.

It''s been massively obvious that Farke/Webber been freezing him out and hoping he asks for a move.

I really despair if he''s moved on. We need a player with his abilities in the side.

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Funny how a month or so ago, over half this board would have been extremely happy to see him moved on for a decent price, yet now suddenly he''s become the midfield saviour we are crying out for...Couldn''t make it up could you?[/quote]

What is funny is the number of people, including you, who thought selling Howson and Dorrans was a good idea and that the pair of them were average and woudnlt be missed.

You certainly couldn''t make that up.

Alex Tettey still seems to figure prominently in influential managerial decisions that go wrong.

Wasn''t the withdrawal of the player in the infamous Newcastle game the reason given for our subsequent defeat in that game? A defeat that caused Alex Neil to re-think his tactics to the extent that the rest of his tenure was marked by mixture and muddle and no obvious tactical plan from then on?

Isn''t the player''s omission from the starting line-up for the slaughter at Den considered mainly the reason we were so defensively bad?

(Although any defense that has it''s member and captain booed from the first goal in on wards is likely to crumble in any case.)

Will the decision to leave out AT cause the current manager to have a similar re-think?

Important player is our Alex then and it would surely be a poor decision to un-avail the team of his influence for the rest of this season at least.

Always rated Tettey he always tries to be combative, is he enough to make the difference on his own, no. However what is clear that even if we had two world class centre backs rather than bang average ones if they are exposed repeatedly both in front of them and down the flanks we will continue to concede goals at a alarming rate.

Alot of our extra poor periods in the prem coincided with times that Tettey was injured, one of those players that some fans will only appreciate once gone.

The above.

The only midfielder we have with the physical presence and athleticism to provide protection to the defence and it''s clear we are looking to move him on to get more wages off the books.

Profoundly depressing.

[quote user="lincoln canary Golden Coppel"]What is funny is the number of people, including you, who thought selling Howson and Dorrans was a good idea and that the pair of them were average and woudnlt be missed.

You certainly couldn''t make that up.[/quote]I stand by my opinion, and don''t think we''ve missed either of them to be honest.Our failings have primarily been down to woeful defending against relatively basic stuff, not because our midfielders have been poor.To this day, there isn''t a single Norwich fan who can accurately tell you exactly what Howson''s best role/position is, and he''s already been getting grief on the Boro forums, who so far have described him as mainly being anonymous to average at best.As for Dorrans, he''s a decent enough player on his day (which like Howson wasn''t often enough), but he never really convinced most of the time, was weak at the defensive side of the midfield game and often wanted too long on the ball to take advantage of the decent range of passing he had. Add in the fact that we were paying Premier League wages for Champs level performances, and I think we absolutely did the right thing in moving him and Howson on.

So we haven’t missed Howson or Dorrans.

And you would be happy to see Tettey go to.

Suppose you think Ruddy and Bennett weren’t worth keeping either (or Brady and Olsson for that matter).

And with the likes of Martin and Hoolahan past their peak that’s 9 experience championship players to be replaced with the likes of:

Husband - slow Middlesboro reserve

Franke – weak, can’t head a ball

Read – promising but a sprog

Vrancic and Maddison – physically weak

And other unknown Germans.

“Our failings have been down to woeful defending” … that’s only half the problem.

A weak defence, sure, but with no midfield protection and no experience, no leadership.

You seem to be saying that we are a better side than last season.

As for Howson’s best role, centre midfield, license to go forward, and work rate to provide defensive cover when we don’t have the ball and with Tettey holding.

Who does that role in the team now?

We didn’t have much choice with Howson and Dorrans they wanted to go.

Letting Tettey go would just make a bad situation worse.

Why is Tettey out of favour?

Maybe the manager doesn’t rate him and prefers the inexperienced Reed.

Maybe he thinks Tettey can’t play in the same side as Reed.

Maybe he’s not training well.

Maybe he’s a high earner and they just want to get him off the books.

It would be worrying if Farke didn’t appreciate what a good player Tettey is.

But then it’s worrying that we play a whole bunch of lightweights in midfield (Read, Vrancic, Maddison and Hoolahan), in front of a defence that cant head a ball, away to Millwall.

Tettey should be club captain, who else can you rely on to provide a decent shift?

Tettey is out of favour because he''s s high earner. Of that I have no doubt.

I was uncomfortable selling both of Howson and Dorrans so close together but to be honest I don''t think we are missing them and the midfield is not the problem.

So it’s just the defence then, all the defence or just some of it?

Or maybe the strikers.

Howson and Dorrans wanted to go, but the midfield is ok anyway.

Because we can rely on Reed, Maddison, Vrancic and Hoolhan?