Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Transfer deadline

With Hanley''s arrival I think we will see one or two more out (and perhaps in ?)Tettey and Oliveira are top of the possibles going out. Add Paul Jones and posibly another youngster or two out on loan (Mathews?). Jarvis needs his contract settling up. We will still be vunerable to a club offering money that allows a player to leave. i do not think it is the club''s intent to sell, but money talks.

It would be a percentage of what''s left on his contract. the club saves money and Jarvis is free to look elsewhere whilst he is recovering. Unless the club sees him as playing a part after his contract expires.

No. It is quite usual for a lesser figure to be agreed so as to allow each side to move on. If Jarvis is not going to play for City again what would four/five months in the reseves do for him ?

[quote user="Carrow89"]" Jarvis is free to look elsewhere whilst he is recovering". It''s called leaving by mutual consent.[/quote]

Jarvis could look all he wanted but who would sign him with his current medical situation? Makes no sense to pay up his contract unless it is deemed by the medical staff that he has no chance of playing professional football for NCFC again.

Just maybe, he will make a return and repay some of the money we''ve spent on his wages, transfer fee and rehab.

I wouldn''t be surprised if Jarvis wages are currently covered partly by insurance claims, won''t be costly us much to keep him and he won''t want to be mutually ending his contract while he''s on good money for doing nothing.

He must know that nobody will sign him, so why wouldn''t he collect the rest of his contract that he is entitled to?

It''s not his fault that he was given an outrageous contract. Would you accept less than your agreed wage if offered?

It is not about the medical staff. It is about if the club thinks he is part of the plans. A player has a better chance of securing another deal when he is a free agent. Not obliged to turn up at Colney at City''s behest.

But what would being paid less than he would get if he stayed do for him? IF, but I think it''s a huge if, he thinks that once he''s recovered, he could immediately get a reasonably well-paid contract elsewhere, he might take less money than he''s due to leave, but it seems unlikely to me. Hopefully we have insurance to mitigate at least some of the cost, but we''ll probably never know.

He''s here till the end of his contract, there''s nothing we can do about it, that''s just the way footballing contracts work. Could and does happen to any club. Accept it and move on.

Sorry this doesn''t make sense to me. The best option for all would be he gets fit. Maybe then another club would take on any of his remaining contract instead of a fee.

We wouldn''t get anyone to sign for us if we became known as a club that tried to pay a percentage if a player got injured.

But nobody will sign him. He won''t be fit until Feb, which we all know means he is out for the season at least.

Nobody will sign him, he knows that. Why would you take less money when you know you have as much chance playing here as anywhere else?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Sorry this doesn''t make sense to me. The best option for all would be he gets fit. Maybe then another club would take on any of his remaining contract instead of a fee.

We wouldn''t get anyone to sign for us if we became known as a club that tried to pay a percentage if a player got injured.[/quote]How could any other club take on his remaining contract ? He would need to be ready to play by Jan 31st so as to transfer his registration.

We''ll that depends when he gets fit and when his contract ends doesn''t it? I ain''t got a crystal ball. Don''t believe in them. I''m a man of faith 😇