Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Reading sign Aluko - Oliveira stays at City ?

Reading have agreed a deal to sign Fulham forward Sone Aluko in a deal believed to be worth around £7.5m. They have also signed Dave Edwards, a midfielder from Wolves. So does this suggest that they have now spent any money they may have had lined up for Oliveira ?

they might want both or it could mean any other clubs who were interested who missed out shifts from Sone Aluko onto Nelson?

nothing is certain until that window closes

[quote user="Carrow89"]I think that was with Jerome.[/quote]
Yep, quite right, and then they signed some dude from France - that''s right - my mistake.

However, as said above, we shan''t know until 11pm Friday night.On the plus side I must have missed that we have signed Arsenal midfielder Savvas Mourgos on a two-year contract. If nothing else we are certainly building up a young squad that could be very strong in a few years.

I wouldn''t want us to lose Oliveira at this particular time but with the hint of disruptiveness and his history of never being particularly settled would happily accept a decent fee for him at some point.

The very vital thing for me is that if and when he is sold it is to a Premier League club or to a club abroad and most definitely not to a Championship rival.

I have often thought that if Chris Hughton had Olly at his disposal rather than RVW then our stay in the top league may have been longer and his reign at Carrow Road likewise.

It''s simple. If we lose NO, we''ve got to replace him, and that''s very hard to do. I''d fear we''d struggle for goals up front, so fingers crossed he stays, we get a decent CB, and can start to build this season

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I have often thought that if Chris Hughton had Olly at his disposal rather than RVW then our stay in the top league may have been longer and his reign at Carrow Road likewise.[/quote]Except that Nelson isn''t a target man (just like RvW wasn''t), and thus he would have still faced the same problem pretty every other striker had under Hughton - $hit supply whilst being asked to play unsuitable role.

[quote user="Captain Birdseye"]It''s such a pity we don''t have supportive owners like Reading[/quote]It''s such a pity that Reading can''t take YOU off our hands...

I think that if Oliveira goes it is because he wants to, not that we wantb him to. If a transfer was likely I would have thought it would have been done sooner so as to allow the player to fit in with the new club as soon as possible. There is still time for one of the four keepers to move on, and maybe an U23 player out on loan.