Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Jimmy bone

See Jimmy bone has been included in st mirren hall of fame .great player in his short time here with David cross. first player to score in top league with city .

I just remember the impact he had and the positivity he brought at an important time (kudos to Ron Saunders getting him), his first contribution picking up the ball on the halfway line, charging at the defence and unleashing a shot that only narrowly missed the top corner. Just what we needed.  (Could do with a bit of that now....)

I remember being there on his CR debut ( cannot recall who against now) but he brought a real buzz with his all-action style and yes,Til I also recall the "Jimmy Bone, Superstar" chant.

I remember being there on his CR debut ( cannot recall who against now) but he brought a real buzz with his all-action style and yes,Til I also recall the "Jimmy Bone, Superstar" chant. 
Sunderland it was and he scored the equaliser with a bullet header at the River End.

I loved that player! How we need inspirational characters in the team like him right now.

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]See Jimmy bone has been included in st mirren hall of fame .great player in his short time here with David cross. first player to score in top league with city .[/quote]

A true, down-to-earth, pragmatic Scot.

Always remembered for that goal at Palace where he practically ran the length of the pitch and scored.

Great Scot!!

I remember him playing against West Ham and giving the late, great Bobby Moore a nightmare for 90 minutes.

I remember his City debut. We left Norwich on the train in the sunshine and got to St Andrews in the middle of a blizzard.

Nobody was dressed for that and we stood all match covered in snow.

Jimmy could have had an early goal when he went clear but couldn''t take what would have been an ideal start for him.

He was an instinct player, strong runner always a handful for defenders.

He was great until they tried to teach him how to play!

A 4-0 hammering ( sounds familiar [:D] ) if i remember with 40,000 packed into St Andrews and their anthem off '' keep right on to the end of the road '' somewhat intimidating. Latchford and Hatton leading the line with Taylor the PFA supremo to be on the wing. I also went on the train that day Yellow.

A truly exciting player to watch. He gave the impression he could just run through players, jumping over tackles and always looking like he could at least make it into the box. I''m sure fellow Scot Fotheringham had never watched him or anyone like him, play.