Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Toffolo going out on loan

Michael bailey said last night he had heard toffolo likely to go on loan.

Independent journo says Doncaster loan is on.

We''d better have another left back coming in. Stiepermann can do a job there and far better bet than husband (my 11 month old baby is a better bet than husband tbf) but he may be needed in midfield and we cannot go until Jan with Husband as the first choice/Only left back - that would be totally unacceptable in my book.

I''d take a loan Lb until Jan. Dijks would be ideal. Whatever though, I do not want us being stuck with Husband and no alternative - that would be suicidal.

If Toffolo goes out on loan surely that could be seen as a loan too far and that the likelihood is that he will eventually be sold to a lower league club for a few hundred thousand.

The emergence of Lewis as a better prospect would seem to enhance this view as I would have thought that Harry Toffolo would have been a viable rival to the embattled Husband as things stand.

The youngster seems to have been on the brink of a breakthrough forever, if indeed he is still a ''youngster.''

I agree it does not bode well for his city career but its not really a surprise; but he can use this loan to highlight his strengths.

he''s 22 played a couple of times so its pretty obvious he is not good enough

Been on loan for last 3 years

[quote user="daly"]he''s 22 played a couple of times so its pretty obvious he is not good enough

Been on loan for last 3 years[/quote]
Not good enough is still an upgrade on Husband

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Need a LB in now to replace the utterly useless Husband.

***Please be Dijks, please be Dijks...***[/quote]
Fixed your quote for you. 
Dijks started all 3 games for Ajax so think that''s dead. We had our chance. We blew it.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Sorry KIO, just started a new thread. My bad. [:$][/quote]
Apology not accepted.
The only way to settle this is a duel to the death I''m afraid.

he''s 22 played a couple of times so its pretty obvious he is not good enough 
Been on loan for last 3 years 
Sent out most of the time because we had Ollson and Brady. Now we haven''t apparently got two as good as them so why hasn''t he been given a chance?

Dijks has had his chance he could of signed a full time contract here to start with but changed his mid so we loaned him

he could have been a city for many years but HE decided not to be

I''m sure the coaches know what they are doing. If Toffolo was not up to it as far as we are concerned I''m sure the club would have sold him for a nominal fee with a hefty sell on clause. Plenty of players who we thought might make have been released/or sold. It is a sign of the club''s ambition that we have not kept him as left mack simply to make up the numbers.

[quote user="Carrow89"]It is a sign of the club''s ambition that we have not kept him as left mack simply to make up the numbers.[/quote][:D]

I find myself going back to the Webber rhetoric for these type of deals.

We spent money on a first-team left back, and then spent money on a first-team utility man as backup because the youth players weren''t ready or weren''t good enough- up to you to decide which Harry falls under.

Anyone who thinks we will now commit more funds to the LB position is in absolute dreamland.