Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Swans!

Llorente likely on his way to Spurs.

Swansea will be desperate to replace him, and will be awash with money to do so.

If they want Oliveira badly enough he will be a Swansea player this time tomorrow.

It doesn''t make business sense to sell one of our key assets when it will leave us with a gap in that part of our squad until January, unless either we have a replacement lined up and the relative amounts make sense, or they increase the bid to a silly level where it would effectively allow us to write off this season because we''d have enough money next season to strengthen the squad even allow for losing our parachute payments next season.

If we sell NO for £15m and get nowhere this season due to a lack of a goalscorer - as you''d expect -  it doesn''t make any sort of business sense.

It does if we don''t harbour much hope of playoffs this season and are looking long term. £15m for Oliveira is big money for someone who has half a season of good returns at championship level. It would kill our playoff chances this season probably but would finance another year of transfers at this level.

Odds saying hew more likely to be a Swansea player then a Norwich player by the end of the day... if I were a betting man I''d be going heavy on "stay at norwich" as I really don''t see Swansea being that interested but who knows!

yellowandgreen wrote the following post at 31/08/2017 1:16 PM:

We must keep NO. 12m nowhere near what he is worth to us. Will be gutted if we sell him.

You''ve been gutted for a long time.

Have some self respect man!