Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

ashton

Yes , look how many he scored for Crewe ,  not doing so well this season but that has to be put down to playing in a side that are a total shambles, still 4 in 8 is not that bad a return. Will get more playing in a side full of confidence and attacking more . Will be gone in January .

[quote]not even worth a comment![/quote]

Yet you did.

I would echo Making plans for nigels comments; without the ball what can he do?

OTBC

PS  - Making plan for nigel - making plans for a new name yet?

Yes.

I''ve got a mate who''s a lifelong Alex fan and he says that Ashton was schooled by Gradi to be extremely level headed and not become a big-time charlie a la Rooney....

The view is that he''s come to Norwich to hone his skills, to get the "big-time" experience with a respected club before he makes that all important career defining move.   Apparently there IS a clause in his contract allowing him to talk to other clubs depending on the offer (must be the £10M that was slapped on his head) and that he is viewed as a potential England striker...

Oh and Crewe have got a big fat sell on clause as well....something like 20%!

[quote]Yet you did. I would echo Making plans for nigels comments; without the ball what can he do? OTBC PS - Making plan for nigel - making plans for a new name yet?[/quote]

not about about ashton, read what it says!

The guy is awesome, not getting the rub of the green at the moment maybe, but 4 in 8 isn''t bad at all.  Against Plymouth last week he was different class, a bit of luck he could have had a hat-trick.

Well he certainly plenty good enough for a failing chumpionship team!

One objective comment to make is he is not as good at winning the ball in the air like Iwan of old but that is about the only criticism I could make of him.

Given the utterly atrocious service he receives it is frankly amazing he has scored the goals and created the chances he has this season.

Still prefer a young Chris Sutton though

[quote]Ashton would look better if he was back at Crewe at the moment[/quote]

totally agree, the way they play is great.

pity is that they will never get promoted, because their stadium is not good enough

I thought that I might be "Mr Negative" now I know I am not, the title belongs to Bromsgrove

Of course Ashton is THAT good...just look at his record and then watch him over any full 90 minutes.

[quote]is he really that good?[/quote]

4 in 8 -- expand that to the entire season and that''s 23 goals! I reckon he''ll end up with at least 30. Mark my words, and I''ll be happy to bring this thread up in 38 games time!

4 goals in 8 isn''t bad at all...that would give him 23 goals for the season if this rate continues (I personally think he may get more than that)...not counting any goals he may get in cup ties.

When was the last time we had a 20+ goals a season goalscorer at Carrow Road?