Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Booing Russel Martin touching the ball.

If you boo your own player, especially one that gives 100%, its because of your own insecurities and probably because youre compensating for something you lack in your own life during the week.

Its not his fault he gets picked and hes far from our biggest liability at the back anyway.

Not this again......there''s a certain thicko element - probably at most clubs - but certainly at Norwich, where they somehow think booing your own player is somehow the thing to do.  Well it isn''t.  I don''t care how badly a player is doing, you do not boo him.  End of.

Booing your own players in stupid.

RM is not good enough for this level anymore. It''s as simple as that. The odd game as back up yes, but not as a starter.

Is it an unfortunate coincidence that the game he didn''t start we kept a clean sheet, yet 4 games he has started we have conceded 12 goals?

It''s not his fault but the club have nobody else to blame for fans frustrations boiling over but themselves. He should not be playing. Simple as that.

The away support is in decline with few at Villa and only 1800 at Millwall today. It was only the minority booing Martin, but the vast majority of those that were left at the final whistle, the team. It''s always the away support that turns/slips away first. With us unable to sell out our home games now you''d hope the board would take note. History, of course, would suggest otherwise.

[quote user="hogesar"]If you boo your own player, especially one that gives 100%, its because of your own insecurities and probably because youre compensating for something you lack in your own life during the week.

Its not his fault he gets picked and hes far from our biggest liability at the back anyway.[/quote]

100percent! Watch him play next time, seriously, spend your whole 90 minutes watching him and then come back and tell me if you believe what he produces is "100percent"

I do, and have done. He always gives his all. He''s also playing through an injury at the moment via injections.

Yet another season with a carp defence, don''t blame it all on Russ! There are many more to blame.

If you want to debate those points Jim theres a couple of threads at least every time we lose, irrespective of how he has played or if hes even played, criticising his ability. My post isnt about that.

[quote user="hogesar"]If you want to debate those points Jim theres a couple of threads at least every time we lose, irrespective of how he has played or if hes even played, criticising his ability. My post isnt about that.[/quote]

I''m aware of that but the reason he got booed today is because fans are fed up with saying it constantly for at least two seasons (in some cases for about 5 years) now and yet there he is, in the team, usually captain, defending really badly, every f**king game. That''s why Martin got booed and it''s not his fault he gets picked I agree but I can understand it.

I cant understand it considering what hes given this club and the fact that none of other CBs this season have been close to being better than him.

[quote user="hogesar"]I cant understand it considering what hes given this club and the fact that none of other CBs this season have been close to being better than him.[/quote]He bleeds yellow and Green.......

Dont know about that but the thumb on his left hand has far more interest in the good of Norwich City Football Club than Ipswich fans like yourself.

Nobody should never boo any of are own players, it does nothing for the team. PS. Just thinking back I''ve done it !  Away to Fulham on that fateful day.   

I expect Martin will be a manager one day. Perhaps sooner. Here even, if Farke persists with this non contact style of play,

Except when Martin didn''t start a league game we kept a clean sheet. In the games he has started we have conceded 12 in 4 games...

Not saying it''s his fault, but it is awkward coincidence

The club made wholesale changes in the closed season, but didn''t address the biggest floor with the team in the past few seasons, the defence!!

It''s not his fault he gets picked, but he simply hasn''t been good enough for season upon season now, he''s not got the captains authority about him, how can he command respect with his performances.

The club are to blame, sticking with a failing captain.

As for booing him, the fans that did are entitled to do so, they paid Mr Martins wages today, they can do as they choose!

[quote user="hogesar"]I cant understand it considering what hes given this club and the fact that none of other CBs this season have been close to being better than him.[/quote]

What exactly has he given this club? He was a bang average lower league full back plucked from obscurity by Lambert who didn''t even start regularly for us in league 1 at first. He''s now an extremely rich, full international footballer who is no doubt set for life. Yes he seems a nice bloke and yes he''s done well for himself but it''s also very clear that our club has given him an awful lot over the last few years so I don''t see the argument for retaining him in the team/squad when he''s not up to it just out of sentiment. I''m happy to have him around as cover/a squad player this season given the circumstances but we''ve just given him a new contract for gods sake!

[quote user="Canary Utd II"]The club made wholesale changes in the closed season, but didn''t address the biggest floor with the team in the past few seasons, the defence!!

It''s not his fault he gets picked, but he simply hasn''t been good enough for season upon season now, he''s not got the captains authority about him, how can he command respect with his performances.

The club are to blame, sticking with a failing captain.

As for booing him, the fans that did are entitled to do so, they paid Mr Martins wages today, they can do as they choose![/quote]

This. It''s the same reason failing managers end up getting booed because the club force the fans to do it through their failure to make decisions everyone can see need to be made.

Just a thumbs down will suffice when one''s unhappy with a player - or maybe just a ''petite fleur'' fart in their general direction.......Booing, is just so.....well.....''seventies''......

Russell Martin is the last player that should be booed.

He is also the second last player, after Husband, that should now be on the team-sheet.

That''s the way it seems to be.

Thanks but no thanks.

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Except when Martin didn''t start a league game we kept a clean sheet. In the games he has started we have conceded 12 in 4 games...

Not saying it''s his fault, but it is awkward coincidence[/quote]
But look at the highlights from QPR - Zimmerman saved a certain goal when their striker had an empty net 6 yards out, and their striker fluffed an unmarked header 6 yards out. Yes it was a clean sheet, but they had golden opportunities caused by Husband, which they didn''t take. It wasn''t a convincing shut out, it was poor finishing by QPR so to say it''s Martin''s absence that was the factor would be erroneous - it was the QPR strikers who gave us the clean sheet. Awkward coincidence yes, but I would say it is a coincidence.
If we had a proper left back, we would be a lot more solid - every goal we concede near enough comes from Husband being out of position screwing our defensive shape, or from Husband being incapable of stopping a cross coming in.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Russell Martin is the last player that should be booed.

He is also the second last player, after Husband, that should now be on the team-sheet.

That''s the way it seems to be.

Thanks but no thanks.[/quote]
100% agreed.

Agree, a year ago we had Olsson backed up by Brady. Olsson was possibly the most under appreciated player we have ever had. A solid, international class LB who did the job with very little fuss.

We now have Husband backed up by 2 young players (1 of which is out until new year) and an unknown German player who played there a few times last year. It''s nothing short of embarrassing.

I would try and get Dijks on a season loan if possible

Totally out of order, but of course scapegoat urban myths get listened to by many and of course everything at Millwall was Russell Martins fault!

The truth is that Russell Martin was picked at CB yesterday because he had a very good game there last Wednesday against Charlton.

Norwich were p*ss poor yesterday that cannot be denied but to single out one player, a player who was no worse than any other player, in fact better than quite a few and has done more for Norwich City than what probably any Norwich player on the pitch yesterday will ever do was cringeworthy to say the least.

The biggest problem at Millwall was the tippy tappy sideways, low tempo style of play that our so called head coach Farke wants us to play while playing an ill conceived central midfield that offered poor protection for the defence.

Star players like Oliviera, and Murphy weren''t at their best and were out competed more often than what Russell Martin was.

While new signings this season Husband and Vranic look slow and very poor indeed poorer than Russell Martin!

Subbing Martin for Zimmerman was like for like and therefore a complete waste of a substitution. What the team needed was Tetty in the middle protecting the back 4 and Wildshut on the right offering more pace and directness. As much as I rate Hoolahan and Maddison, playing them together combined with the powderpuff not good enough Vranic is asking for trouble.

In fact I''m convinced Farke subbed Martin to try and get some positives from the anti Martin brigade!

I don''t claim Martins a great player cause he isn''t but he is far better than what many Norwich fans blinkered by the scapegoat bandwagon give him credit for. If he was as poor as many make out he would have been shipped out long before now but so called experts who know more than any of us on here think otherwise and quite rightly in my opinion!

I elaborated on the biggest problem for Norwich City at present - Danial Farke is getting the tactics all wrong, has signed some players who will struggle at Championship level and doesn''t seem to understand how physically tough and how higher tempo you need to be in this Division!

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]I would try and get Dijks on a season loan if possible[/quote]
Yep but hard to see him choosing here if the clubs that were after him previously show their faces in that negotiation. His ultimate goal is Prem football - he would move to the Championship but wants a premium on his wages to do it which seemingly no-one will pay - do we really like the best chance of getting promoted at the moment if he''s moving somewhere on loan with a view to permanent?

Kingsway - I disagree a bit on Martin, because he gets the brunt of it, but actually Husband is the problem - Franke has to cover for him so Martin ends up as one man trying to do the job of 2 CBs. Agree with everything else though - painfully obvious that Tettey or Trybull was needed to give the midfield some steel yesterday.
The only query I have is you missed Reed out your criticism - so anonymous you forgot he was playing or did you think he did OK? I thought he was absolutely useless myself and can''t really see what he offers the team.