Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

James Husband being wheeled out for Canarycall interview.

This should be interesting.
Although, unless the interview was done on the way to the dole office, I will be disappointed.
He should be too embarrassed to say anything at all today.

That''s exactly why they have put him out there. He is being crucified, rightly so, for just being out there.

Doesn''t matter what he says, he is finished here I suggest, along with the captain! As for Franke and zimmerframe, out of their depth, the buck is with Webber and Farke for thinking they are good enough at this level

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]He should never be allowed to wear a City shirt again, he a pub team player[/quote]
Wouldn''t even get in my 5 a side team.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]Or mine.

And I haven''t got one.[/quote]I am setting one up just to not include him.

Yellowbeagle wrote the following post at 2017-08-26 9:52 PM:

Talking totally honestly. Lad is clearly gutted regardless of what people think of him.

Well he couldn''t really say how great they were could he!

Don''t actually think hes as bad as people make out and was good for Fulham at this level. You have to remember hes getting little support from Josh and today, i dont think Ivo was any better.

The team today was completely wrong anyway. Too much of an AN team. So ridiculously unbalanced with attackers and no one who could influence change on the bench.

[quote user="hogesar"]Don''t actually think hes as bad as people make out and was good for Fulham at this level. You have to remember hes getting little support from Josh and today, i dont think Ivo was any better.

The team today was completely wrong anyway. Too much of an AN team. So ridiculously unbalanced with attackers and no one who could influence change on the bench.[/quote]
Are you joking? Every goal we concede comes from his side, not Pinto''s. Josh switched wings all game, it made no difference to Pinto, he didn''t suddenly start letting every single cross come in - not that they really went down his side, because they targetted Husband, just like Villa did last week. If he is not a weak link, why is it that every team we play against targets him and ends up scoring for fun?
Look back at the Villa highlights, and today''s highlights, then tell me how many goals Pinto was responsible for, and how many Husband was responsible for.
The opposition aren''t targetting him because he''s brilliant are they?

Goal 1 - Franke loses the header, Husband marking nobody at all, turns round and you can literally see him startle at there being a Millwall player there, he had no idea where the guy was, at all. Rather than chasing down the player running clean through on goal down, he does this weird little hop thing, looks around to check who is out on the corner flag, because obviously that''s where the pressing danger is, not the bloke with the ball and no-one in his path 10 yards out and by the time he looks back round it''s being rolled past Gunn.
Goal 2 - Exactly the same as Villa goal 1 - Husband out of position, everybody gets sucked across trying to cover for it leaving the Right back (Pinto today, RM last week) as the only person in the box trying to defend with absolutely no help at all. By the time everybody else gets across, the guy is lining up the shot into an unguarded goal.
Goal 3 - nothing to do with Husband, combo of poor midfield protection and RM backing off. 6 yellow shirts around the guy and no-one made a tackle. Inexcusable but not Husband''s fault - To be fair started with Pinto throwing in to the guy under pressure instead of the defender who could have cleared lines. Played ourselves into trouble, but neither Pinto or Husband are ultimately responsible.
Goal 4 - Pinto gets outjumped - that''s on him, don''t think anybody covered themselves in glory with the marking for the corner either as a sidenote - pub team defending, but Pinto should win the header and fails badly.
However, that doesn''t include the 2 open goals that came from Husband''s lack of defending, one hit the bar and one cleared by Pinto. It also doesn''t include the 3 goals Husband was responsible for last week either.

[quote user="City 2nd"]Yellowbeagle wrote the following post at 2017-08-26 9:52 PM:

Talking totally honestly. Lad is clearly gutted regardless of what people think of him.

Well he couldn''t really say how great they were could he![/quote]

No of course not, but i''ve heard plenty of players come out and not really sound that disappointed, or upset at their own performance or offer honest appraisals of the situation. This isnt me sticking up for him, i dont think he''s been anywhere good enough so far, although i think theres a better player in there than we are currently seeing.

don''t mind Zimmermann, perfectly good backup. husband and franke have been a complete joke though considering they were signed for the first team.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Talking totally honestly. Lad is clearly gutted regardless of what people think of him.[/quote]
I thought it was a very honest interview too, obviously very upset brave to do the post match player interview, couldn''t have been easy
''''For a start we have to take responsibility as players, a group of players that’s new – but a lot of us have played in this league before and know what it’s about, and that was something I’ve never seen before,” said the 23-year-old 

“We’ve all got to take responsibility, including myself, to apologies first of all (to the supporters). There’s no way getting around it, that was unacceptable.“Everyone can see we have a way of playing and it’s so good and fancy and all that, but if we can’t stop goals going in then we’re really going to struggle.

“Again, it’s hard to really put it into words. I’m disgusted in myself. All of us “We pride ourselves when we’re younger on pulling out performances that people will remember – and that was something we’ll never ever forget, put it that way.”

“I mean, the coach can give us ways of playing and tell us how he wants us to play – but at the end of the day it’s up to us to produce something on the field that all those fans should feel proud of. And today not one of those fans can feel that.”

Going from Dijjks to Boros reserve left back sums up this window for me. Left back was one of the main positions we needed to strengthen along with CB and i''m not sure we''ve done a good enough job.

I''m sure he''ll settle in and improve as the season goes on, but we certainly do not look like we have the makings of a promotion challenging defence here.

I think fans are (understandably) sick of ''brave'' post match interviews where players ''front up'' and are ''brutally honest'' which lead to zero actual improvement or change.

I bet the players are sick of doing those interviews too. The problem for them is they have no choice. Just be thankful you''re not contracted to listen to them or agree with them.

Why are we so attracted to listen to them and disect them? Deep down in the odd moment of clarity we all know they are meaningless.

They have no choice? They could always try not playing like an under 9s girl''s team and winning a few games. That might influence their ''lack of choice'' in doing the interviews.

They''d still have no choice and they''d still have the parameters about what they were allowed to say. The power of media convinces us we need to hear it even though it''s meaningless. 

I''m with KIO. The easiest way for those players to stop having to do those interviews is to defend better. I think if I repeatedly cocked up at my job but then rang my customers saying ''I''ve let you down'' on repeat, they''d probably tell me to do one.

He''s being wheeled out for the fans forum as well.Poor guy, at this rate it feels like they''re building stocks, and charging fans to throw wet sponges at him.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]He''s being wheeled out for the fans forum as well.Poor guy, at this rate it feels like they''re building stocks, and charging fans to throw wet sponges at him.[/quote]
That''s brutal - As we''ve not brought anyone else in and he looks so out of his depth, I do wonder if the plan is to roll with Jamal Lewis when he is fit again, and we can''t afford to buy/loan a stopgap. 
Robin Sainty put a summary of Steve Stone forum on twitter and the crux was basically Millwall was a watershed and we had to react, weren''t planning to sign another CB until then. High wages will have to go next summer if we don''t go up.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Why are we so attracted to listen to them and disect them? Deep down in the odd moment of clarity we all know they are meaningless.[/quote]Rather like Canary Call.