Assuming no injury concerns my team for the Birmingham home game is,

Gunn

Pinto, Hadley, Klose, Stiepermann

Reed, Tettey,

Murphy, Maddison, Hoolahan

Oliveira

Subs

McGovern, Martin, Franke, Husband, Windschut, Watkins, Jerome

Agree with the 11 but do we really need 2 CBs and a LB on the bench? Also Naismith seems to be missing (as usual).
We need to start blooding the kids rather than loading up the bench with defenders for the sake of it - Put Middleton etc on the bench, give them experience of being around the matchday squad, incentivise the youth team to see that they will get rewarded if they perform, give them a few minutes in appropriate games. Surely has more value to it. Only one per week or whatever. 

I have Martin as a reserve RB.

As Thompson is a long term injury victim the only youngster currently a potential first teaser is Ben Godfrey but he''s out on loan. Given our current position I don''t see Farke risking youngsters with little or no first team experience.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]I have Martin as a reserve RB.

As Thompson is a long term injury victim the only youngster currently a potential first teaser is Ben Godfrey but he''s out on loan. Given our current position I don''t see Farke risking youngsters with little or no first team experience.[/quote]
Surely Wildschut can do a job there and be adequate cover?
I agree about the kids, but given what Steve Stone said to NCST - we may be needing some of them next year as will have to sell big earners.

Is Klose ready to return? Would be fantastic if we can get the Klose/Hanley partnership going.

I''d be tempted to go with 5 at the back with Franke or Zimmerman with them 2 and Pinto and Stiepermann wing backs.

Leaves 5 slots, so Reed, Maddison, Murphy, Wes, Oliveira

I''s be very happy with either CC''s or Tettey''s line up''s. That''s exactly what I was thinking.

A stronger looking bake line. Two defensive midfielders protecting them, and attacking flair further up.

In real world we''re not sure Klose is fit, and interesting to see if Farke sticks with Husband at LB!

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Assuming no injury concerns my team for the Birmingham home game is,

Gunn

Reed, Tettey,

Oliveira

Subs

McGovern, Martin, Franke, Husband, Windschut, Watkins, Jerome[/quote]

Call me old school but with Harry liking 442 I think we should match them and go back to basics. Sure up the defence and midfield and put two up top.

I''m not saying do this 442 formation weekly but after our start and the amount of players we have brought in, a stable formation may help for a time. It is difficult - does Farke continue with his formation and style of play or adjust. Conte had to adjust at the beginning of his rein at Chelsea before changing to the 3 at the back.

Brum have brought a lot in so we have a good chance as we should be a little more settled and stronger with Hanley at the back....I hope.

Hanley hasn''t had much actual game time recently. Wonder if he''ll be ready to start.

Not sure why people are clamouring for Klose to return, my admittedly long range view of him is that he struggled with the directness of the championship.   I would put Hanley in with Franke or even Martin, at least he and Martin know how each other play.  Franke is a good player imo and will show it more once settled.   There is an argument to have all three in there.So -                     Gunn           Martin  Hanley Franke Pinto            Reed           Stiepermann       Vrancic Maddison Murphy                  Oliveirasubs from: Hoolahan Naismith Watkins Trybull Wildschut Jerome Zimmermann Tettey

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Assuming no injury concerns my team for the Birmingham home game is,

Gunn

Reed, Tettey,

Oliveira

Subs

McGovern, Martin, Franke, Husband, Windschut, Watkins, Jerome[/quote]I wondered what Tony Hadley would be doing now he''s left Spandau Ballet. [:D]

Despite playing weaker teams we have scored fewer and conceded more with 3 at the back. Add in the only clean sheet came without the club captain I would aim longer term and let the back 3 create a partnership (add Zimmermann perm 3 from 4)

Swap tettey out once back 3 understand each other better

The two behind nelson could equally be Murphy vrancic etc..

Gunn

Farke Hanley Klose

Pinto Reed Tettey Steipermann

Maddison Wes

Nelson

LDC obviously not at Millwall Franke out of his depth. If 3 at the back Klose on left, Hanley in middle and Zim on the right. 2 DM''s are a necessity wing backs Pinto and left sided player?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Yep Crafty i think you have picked it right.[/quote]

Gunn

Pinto Hanley Klose Stiepermann

Murphy Tettey Reed Watkins

Oliveira Jerome

Subs: anyone except Martin

Need to be defending with two banks of four (Pulis to the nth degree) in this game. Clean sheet at all costs is required as demonstration of intent going forward in this league. Other clubs are watching. Anything less, they will all be licking their lips.