Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Pierre Fonkeu

Just signed from FC Brugge

7m7 minutes ago

Michael Bailey Retweeted Norwich City FC

Finally sorted. Another into the Under-23 pot. Not sure I''d expect more from him any time soon though.

Michael Bailey added,

Good news to finally seal the deal, we''ve been chasing him all summer so must have something about him.
One for the future.

Lets hope we all live long enough to see all these future players perform for NCFC

Don''t understand this crap about the player can only play in the U23. How old was Rashford when he made his debut ? Other teams do it why can''t we ?

Inch High aka Inchy.. wrote the following post at 31/08/2017 10:19 PM:

We will have a superb team,in 2023.

😀

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Don''t understand this crap about the player can only play in the U23. How old was Rashford when he made his debut ? Other teams do it why can''t we ?[/quote]Where does it say that ?

[quote user="Carrow89"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Don''t understand this crap about the player can only play in the U23. How old was Rashford when he made his debut ? Other teams do it why can''t we ?[/quote]Where does it say that ?[/quote]
It doesn''t.

City have completed the signing of young Belgian striker Pierre Fonkeu.

Fonkeu, who came through the youth system at Club Brugge, has signed a two-year contract with the Club after impressing during a successful trial with City’s Under-23s.

The forward, 20, played in a number of pre-season friendlies for the U23s and he will continue to train with the Academy.

“Pierre integrated really quickly into the group, and mainly that was down to his performances,” says Under-23s manager Matt Gill. “He works really hard during sessions and he took that into games, and he’s a lovely lad to work with. He’s hungry to learn and get even better and that’s the type of character we want here.

“He’s very hard working for the team, quick, strong and a really unselfish striker. He chases lost causes and puts defenders under pressure.”

Mt understanding is that he was allowed to play for the U23''s even though he had not signed for us. But he could not play for the first team under the same arragement. I can''t see how that could not be understood.

Let''s hope he is not another young prospect who never gets a game for the first team and ends up doing various loans before being sold off.

I like the policy of acquiring good young talent but we need to give them a viable path to first team progression.

I think we do. The coaches will know what stage a player is in his development. Going out on loan to the rigours of League football is part of that.Maddison was up to moving into the first team quickly. Others are not. Just be positive that we are allowing them to develop rather than being chucked into the first team as stop gap make weights.

I agree with all that C89 however we do have a history of bringing young players through then not giving them a real chance in the first team. Now this will often be on the basis that they are not deemed quite good enough but I do feel we are a tad conservative on giving them a real go.

Triston Abrahams played up front for the U23s last week.We bought him from Orient but loaned him back for the season. However part of the agreement is that he will be available to train with and feature for our U23s. Last I heard that isn''t working too well because Orient were complaining the player had been at Norwich too much. But with Morris also on loan and Benny Ashley-Seal seemingly disappeared I can''t see Fonkeu being loaned out anytime soon. 

Could be but when we signed him Richard Money said that loaning him back there was a good deal all round. However Richard Money is now spent...

Unless all the young players come good at the same time we won''t build a better team. One good season and we will have to sell them on - like Jacob. Maddison will probably be off next summer.

Yeah, and what happens if they all get injured at the same time. Why, why, why has nobody thought about that? Oh woe is us!!

With so many clubs able to sign a player in a day on deadline day, I''m curious why this one took "all summer"

If we liked him (apparently we did after the pre-season trials) why it took so long?

[quote user="Samwam27"]With so many clubs able to sign a player in a day on deadline day, I''m curious why this one took "all summer"

If we liked him (apparently we did after the pre-season trials) why it took so long?[/quote]Could be any number of reasons.Player/Agent holding out for a Premier League club seems likely. He''s obviously going to be an 23s player so it probably wasn''t Webber''s highest priority. He''s also a young player making a big move to a foreign country for the first time, could have had it''s complications.Can''t really complain about speed of transfers this season though, surely. All but one of the first team signings were completed the best part of a month ago. Can possibly complain about the signings tat were made mind.

Obviously hope he coms off but wont get excited unless he makes an impact on the first team we have had some genuine success in this area but also loads who have fizzled out