Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Scotland tonight

Russ Martin not even on the subs bench! Is he injured or has Strachan finally seen the light and realised he''s not an international centre half!

Hanley, Naismith and ex canaries Whittaker and Chris Martin all on the bench. I guess if Martin was taking pain killing injections at Norwich recently then Strachan will not risk him and save him for the bigger games (only joking). They probably included him in the squad as he is a good man to have in the changing room.

I don''t expect our recent form has anything to do with it.

Although to be fair, they did play poorly in the home fixture and all of them played then I believe.

Meanwhile, watching England is like watching paint dry, so dull, lots of possession though, sounds familiar!

Can''t agree more. Awful to watch. This is supposed to be the generation to excite fans. Think I''ll go to bed it''s that bad.

Could somebody tell me what Henderson brings to the England team? And captain as well?

We know Sterling was a one season wonder.

If ever a game cried out for three strikers and pumping crosses in its this one. People might say it isn''t pretty but what we are watching is just awful mindless rubbish from a clueless manager and overrated players.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh look a Russell Martin bashing thread.[/quote]

So you obviously think he is an international centre half then do you Tilly?

[quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh look a Russell Martin bashing thread.[/quote]

So you obviously think he is an international centre half then do you Tilly?[/quote]No i do not but obviously you thought there was a lack of threads concerning him and his form so you started yet another ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh look a Russell Martin bashing thread.[/quote]

So you obviously think he is an international centre half then do you Tilly?[/quote]No i do not but obviously you thought there was a lack of threads concerning him and his form so you started yet another ?[/quote]Surely BB was simply reporting on the Scottish team selection & making a valid observation regarding the omission of RM.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Baldyboy"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh look a Russell Martin bashing thread.[/quote]

So you obviously think he is an international centre half then do you Tilly?[/quote]No i do not but obviously you thought there was a lack of threads concerning him and his form so you started yet another ?[/quote]Surely BB was simply reporting on the Scottish team selection & making a valid observation regarding the omission of RM.[/quote]

Making Plans, I forgot I had to get permission of the Forum cop to post a thread which as you say was entirely relevant, and even though the policeman thinks he''s not an international centre half it''s acceptable for him to bash Russell Martin as not being an international centre half but nobody else can!

It highlights exactly what is wrong with this message board sadly in that certain posters such as myself who have ruffled people''s feathers with an opinion that doesn''t show the Club as being perfect are always shot down in flames whatever is posted even if it is relevant!

Baldyboy good to see that you have teamed up with Making Plans who posts that he hopes the injury Russell Martin has will be long term !Beyond words the pair of you.

So where have I said I hope he''s injured? Come on show me, I questioned whether he was an international centre back as did you, but it''s ok for you to do it!

Please feel free to tell me why you have an agenda with me Plod, no need for another thread you can even put it where you quote that I wish Martin was injured!

May i suggest that you read my post again because i said that you have teamed up with Making Plans who hopes the injury will be long term. Try and grasp that before you go off on one Baldyboy. Just for your information i retired in 1994 so in your haste to make reference to me as Plod you could not even get that right.

So why do you assume that I have teamed up with anyone? Are you implying that I''m not capable of commenting on something of my own free will?

You are the one who caused the angst with your incorrect assumptions, so if somebody agrees with you are you teaming up with them?

At no point would I ever wish a long term injury on one of our players!

You disrupted the thread by posting a response saying it was a Russell Martin bashing thread when at no point was that what I was doing, I asked a question, something I expect you did before you retired in 1994, so did anyone ask you if you were bashing the person you asked about?

You are the one who ought to think before posting 5hite about bashing players instead of assuming there''s a hidden agenda all the time!

So talk of Strachan finally seeing the light was not having a pop at Russell Martin then ? You could always have put that on any number of threads where the merits of his playing ability were/are/have been discussed but you chose to start another. Was that really needed ? No agenda against you put if you put yourself in the firing line by starting thread you obviously were only expecting nods of approval over what you posted ?

It was about Scotland and so by my asking a question whether he''s an international centre half, something you actually also agreed on a little while ago is enough for you to quote it as a Martin bashing thread!

Somebody has stated he''s injured so doesn''t that prove it was a relevant question?

As for putting it on another thread, which one would be relevant as there are so many it could go on although the last one was about him being booed and this is nothing about that, is it, this was about Scotland!

I didn''t realise threads had to be categorised!

On the same token then, why did you start yet another thread saying the messiah had spoken? Shouldn''t that have gone on one of the countless previous threads about the Messiah?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh look a Russell Martin bashing thread.[/quote]Yes, it''s getting on my tits too. Leave Russell Martin alone and give some support for goodness sake!!